[3.3] Low Budget - Animate Weapon Bowmancer

Hey just finished story with this build about to hit maps and its doing great!
I am confused about the spirit guards jewel because the spot below scion start does not give 40 dex total. Any help would be great!
"
gggggg1 wrote:
Hey just finished story with this build about to hit maps and its doing great!
I am confused about the spirit guards jewel because the spot below scion start does not give 40 dex total. Any help would be great!

Glad it goes well for you.
It is a dex threshold jewel slot, 5 each from two scion starting nodes, 20 from "Path of the Hunter" and a normal dex node.
You can also use the jewel slot east of the duelist if your gear can afford it, gives more dex but no resists for same amout of points.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Ahh okay now I feel dumb. After reading your post and looking at the jewel again I realized this whole time I thought the passives had to be allocated for the jewel to work. Thanks for the quick reply!

I've been using split arrow/chain, seems to clean up mobs pretty well. Have you tried Enlighten + Empower in chest with wrath/anger/haste? I'm thinking about it once my gems have leveled up but not sure if I will have enough mana for another aura, maybe a purity. Would be great to hear your thoughts!
Hey, I've been prepping a char for this build, looks like fun.

One Q I have is about the budget aspect though - the cheapest Null's with the 5-link in the colors required is 30C, and rerolling for the right colors (2B/2R/1G) seems expensive since it's, well, a bow... is there any tips here on rolling the bow to get it set up? Or maybe a progression for starting out with a cheaper Null's before moving to a 5L/6L in the right colors?
"
gggggg1 wrote:
Ahh okay now I feel dumb. After reading your post and looking at the jewel again I realized this whole time I thought the passives had to be allocated for the jewel to work. Thanks for the quick reply!

I've been using split arrow/chain, seems to clean up mobs pretty well. Have you tried Enlighten + Empower in chest with wrath/anger/haste? I'm thinking about it once my gems have leveled up but not sure if I will have enough mana for another aura, maybe a purity. Would be great to hear your thoughts!

Yea, the wording on the threshold jewels could be a bit clearer.
As arrow skill can be used whatever feels best for you of course. I just like the ability to shoot around corners and behind me with Tornado Shot.

I havent played around with Enlighten and Empower yet. I personally dont wanna miss out on the move and attack speed of Haste when socketed in the chest, the AW do already enough damage.

"
Erelyes wrote:
Hey, I've been prepping a char for this build, looks like fun.

One Q I have is about the budget aspect though - the cheapest Null's with the 5-link in the colors required is 30C, and rerolling for the right colors (2B/2R/1G) seems expensive since it's, well, a bow... is there any tips here on rolling the bow to get it set up? Or maybe a progression for starting out with a cheaper Null's before moving to a 5L/6L in the right colors?

Easy solution: use a 3-link! The major part of the damage comes from auras, that's why you dont even need a 6-link in this build to do millions of dps. As long as you have green-red-blue for AW, Melee Splash and Minion Damage you're good to go.
"
Easy solution: use a 3-link! The major part of the damage comes from auras, that's why you dont even need a 6-link in this build to do millions of dps. As long as you have green-red-blue for AW, Melee Splash and Minion Damage you're good to go.

Ah, of course. Thanks. I've got a 5-socketed that I spent a couple jeweler's on to get a 4-link + 1, then spent about 60 chromatic at Vagan to get Red+Blue+Blue+Green / Blue. Easy!

Just have to get a few more levels under the belt now and I'll report back.
what item filter are you using if you dont mind me asking. Really impressive rigwald melt you did there.
"
zacmax wrote:
what item filter are you using if you dont mind me asking. Really impressive rigwald melt you did there.

Made it myself and hides a lot of shit, so not a filter others would want to use, if you ask because of that.
Update:
-Cleared up some parts of the guide based on feedback.
-Added "Herd the Flock" on the tree to max out Animate Weapon resistances.
-Added "Resolute Technique" on the tree to increase clear speed.
Couple questions and suggestions.

- How do you have your hotkeys set up? I seem to run out of them, do you switch at boss time etc?

- I suggest maybe add some info to the gear in terms of - what's essential, what's important, and what are nice to haves (e.g. incr. duration on immortal call is probably the latter?)
- Is it useful using Fear essences to craft rare quivers/belts/rings with minion speed / life early on?
- Some general noob stuff around flasks would be nice - remove bleeding, remove chill, any handy uniques (maybe Lion's Roar while getting the initial kills / as a supplemental panic flask?)

I'm also finding it really hard to get going at the start with mirror arrow, the mirror minion is super squishy.
Last edited by Erelyes on Sep 8, 2017, 10:24:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info