[3.0] Tempest's Binding KB Pathfinder | All 4 Guardians & Shaper in 12 Minutes | Fastest Mapper

I killed Shaper with this very build, you just need to do some tweaks for T16+ bosses.

Done couple of runs already (not all deathless, you can't really facetank Shaper with 5khp FeelsBadMan). All guardians viable (just avoid enfeeble). There are definitely some upgrades to be done with my gear, still.
If you want to efficiently farm Shaper, Atziri or Guardians with this build, simply do some tweaks:

- Change the Vaal Power Siphon setup with Orb of Storms / Power Charge on Critical / Curse on Hit / Projectile Weakness
- Remove Esh's Mirror in favour of a Lycosidae (a +1 corrupted one is your best DPS solution to fit the Wrath setup in but its a very rare item)
- If you use Lycosidae, Lightning Golem becomes a lot better than Ice Golem
- Remove the Inspired learning jewels and use max life% / dmg stats ones
- Remove the Acuity and Mind Drinker notables and invest those extra 5 passive points into Acrobatics, Sniper and the first 2 super juicy projectile damage nodes at Ranger Start
- Have Barrage on a 6L (Slower proj is absolutely the last link because it's the one which gives less dps by a large margin) and a 2 extra barrage proj enchantment helmet, the tempest's binding with that enchantment is insanely expensive so you can go for another helmet to use in single target fights only
- Don't use Bisco's collar (which is useful only for map and breach farming) at bosses, just take a good dps amulet with good flat lightning dmg / crit multi and ideally life
- Having lvl 21 Wrath and 21/20 Added lightning damage in the barrage setup is nice too

With these changes you are ready to farm anything in the game. Enjoy!

PS: the original setup of the thread starter is super good if you want to farm maps with the best clear speed possible, the changes I proposed in this post are good only if you want to do a TON of endgame boss runs and feel somewhat underpowered with the original build.
Last edited by djnat on Aug 26, 2017, 8:04:29 AM
"
djnat wrote:
If you want to efficiently farm Shaper, Atziri or Guardians with this build, simply do some tweaks:

- Change the Vaal Power Siphon setup with Orb of Storms / Power Charge on Critical / Curse on Hit / Projectile Weakness
- Remove Esh's Mirror in favour of a Lycosidae (a +1 corrupted one is your best DPS solution to fit the Wrath setup in but its a very rare item)
- Remove the Acuity and Mind Drinker notables and invest those extra 5 passive points into Acrobatics, Sniper and the first 2 super juicy projectile damage nodes at Ranger Start
- Have Barrage on a 6L (Slower proj is absolutely the last link because it's the one which gives less dps by a large margin) and a 2 extra barrage proj enchantment helmet, the tempest's binding with that enchantment is insanely expensive so you can go for another helmet to use in single target fights only
- Don't use Bisco's collar (which is useful only for map and breach farming) at bosses, just take a good dps amulet with good flat lightning dmg / crit multi and ideally life
- Having lvl 21 Wrath and 21/20 Added lightning damage in the barrage setup is nice too

PS: the original setup of the thread starter is super good if you want to farm maps with the best clear speed possible, the changes I proposed in this post are good only if you want to do a TON of endgame boss runs and feel somewhat underpowered with the original build.

Couldn't agree more. Lightning enchant on boots (or the penetration one, although I prefer flat dmg) is super nice too and ramps our damage quite nicely.
"
Northernstern wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Lightning enchant on boots (or the penetration one, although I prefer flat dmg) is super nice too and ramps our damage quite nicely.

The flat damage enchantment is better than the penetration one for barrage, especially if we are already using a Wise Oak in the flask setup.
What should i focus on my next upgrade?
Spoiler
Boots enchantment should be the first thing. The added lightning damage is huge at boss fights.
"
djnat wrote:

Thanks this is great and makes me want to retry it. Do you have a POB link or tree link to what I need for shaper / high tier bosses like gear because Im at 4k life and can't seem to get nay higher
"
djnat wrote:

I like the changes but how do you sustain mana without Mind Drinker?
"
Vazull wrote:

I like the changes but how do you sustain mana without Mind Drinker?

You take a mana leech node next to Essence Sap and it'll be more than enough
I started playing PoE less than a month ago, so this might be a dumb question but:

"

Wouldn't Assassin's Mark from the Herald of Ice setup constantly override Projectile Weakness? Or is that something that's only viable with a +1 curse amulet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info