[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

"
RaPsKa wrote:
Would increased Mana or Energy Shield be more desirable on gear and jewellery?

For this build reserve 100% of our mana through auras so energy shield would be more desirable over mana.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 18, 2017, 1:13:29 AM
Does Heralds of Ice and Thunder work with our army? Or (even if it does) it gives realy small benefit and better to use defensive auras?
(Ty for the build <3)
"
Shiba_Eji wrote:
Does Heralds of Ice and Thunder work with our army? Or (even if it does) it gives realy small benefit and better to use defensive auras?
(Ty for the build <3)

Herald of Ice and Thunder aren't auras but their own thing. They don't affect your minions only the player so It won't work.
Dumb question I'm not noticing path of building having any difference but you mention that a baron variant is not worth it and I'd normally agree but I had an idea that has brought me to this current problem.

Could we perhaps link in iron will support in a 6l instead of added cold? If so what would that do to the viability of a baron build. But with the current problem I honestly can't tell if it's PoB bugging out or if there is no interaction between iron will support and baron helm for skele mages.
"
Tagnol wrote:
Dumb question I'm not noticing path of building having any difference but you mention that a baron variant is not worth it and I'd normally agree but I had an idea that has brought me to this current problem.

Could we perhaps link in iron will support in a 6l instead of added cold? If so what would that do to the viability of a baron build. But with the current problem I honestly can't tell if it's PoB bugging out or if there is no interaction between iron will support and baron helm for skele mages.

That is a good idea. It would be better than added cold but not elemental focus. I can't really say if it will work in game or if it will be bugged. Since Path of Building won't show it there is really no good way to check. You cant check minion damage in game. I mean you could check to see if their life changes but that won't really help.

I would contact support about this. Maybe they can help you out. It sounds like a good idea hope it works out for you.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 18, 2017, 12:06:11 PM
Just spent tons colouring my sword just for levelling. Any reason why skeletons just can't go into armour for l6L and auras in sword instead? For colour socket ease
"
raniva wrote:
Just spent tons colouring my sword just for levelling. Any reason why skeletons just can't go into armour for l6L and auras in sword instead? For colour socket ease

I would suggest leveling with something else other than the sword if you don't have the currency to get a 5l or 6l right off the bat. It is mainly for mapping and I would not recommend chroming anything less than a 5 or 6 link for leveling.

If you are following this build, The armour I recommended was Victario's influence. It gives socketed aura gems a free level 30 generosity and a +1 level to aura gems which is a really big boost to your auras.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 18, 2017, 2:16:45 PM
"
KTMetis wrote:
"
raniva wrote:

I would suggest leveling with something else other than the sword if you don't have the currency to get a 5l or 6l right off the bat. It is mainly for mapping and I would not recommend chroming anything less than a 5 or 6 link for leveling.

If you are following this build, The armour I recommended was Victario's influence. It gives socketed aura gems a free level 30 generosity and a +1 level to aura gems which is a really big boost to your auras.

Right I just read the suggested item and completely forgot about the plus gem buff. Thanks for the quick reply.
"
thelordrahl wrote:
Lvl 50 now and now using

Loving it. Changes mage placement a little bit, but the nova of projectiles and dropping a less modifier are nice.

Nabbed this for 10c a couple minutes ago:

Will be trying to 6l it eventually

Will be swapping over to zealot/mom/eb in 2 levels. :D

Thoughts on using this over decree?
"
raniva wrote:
"
thelordrahl wrote:
Lvl 50 now and now using

Loving it. Changes mage placement a little bit, but the nova of projectiles and dropping a less modifier are nice.

Nabbed this for 10c a couple minutes ago:

Will be trying to 6l it eventually

Will be swapping over to zealot/mom/eb in 2 levels. :D

Thoughts on using this over decree?

it is a good alternative just don't use as many to dust jewels.

You sorta end up being closer to enemies too since you place it in the middle of the pack for maximum effectiveness unlike decree where you can keep a large distance.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 18, 2017, 8:43:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info