[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

I really like this build. I've used PewPewPew's builds in the past but I've gotten tired of the zombies, especially with their ever-worsening AI and pathfinding.

I particularly like the Orb of Storms-Arcane Surge-Culling Strike setup and the use of Hrimnor's Resolve. I hadn't thought of using that helmet but it is quite the wonderful way to negate the annoyance of cold damage.

It is working great and I don't even have a decent chestplate yet; I'm just running around in a Tabula Rasa. Thank you for taking the time to post this.

Edit: For the gloves enchant, I really like Decree/Commandment of Inferno. Its damage scales with all the increased fire damage from the tree and it is pretty powerful (mine lists avg damage as 11500 in the character menu). I haven't tried the two you list though so I can't really compare.
Last edited by whizkid338 on Aug 30, 2017, 1:51:42 PM
Made my first ELE yesterday, still a low lvl, however I was pretty surprised that a Firestorm, such an old school skill, can rock both early and late game till the T16.

I hope I won't die too early (as I usually do) and get a chance to climb to at least mid tier maps :)

Thanks for the inspiration!
New POE player here (~50 on my first character)--started following PewPewPew's Firestorm build, did some more looking and wasn't enjoying the minions so much, found this and am feeling good following it now. (Leveling with Firestorm, though, as I wasn't enjoying totems as the primary attack.)

After checking out your char profile (very helpful to see!), I have a couple questions:
1) How do I know which gems are useful to have +% quality on and which not? Should I follow basically exactly what you have? (Why doesn't Life Leech Support need levels or quality? I assume the interaction with Vaal Pact somehow negates leveling benefits, but I don't see why.)
2) Guide talks about Flame Dash, but you're using Leap Slam--is Leap Slam just a better movement skill, and I should aim for that even though it benefits from attack speed, which I'm not aiming for, and Flame Dash benefits from cast, which I am? Or is that a high-level switch only?

...and probably more later, but that's it for now. Thanks very much for the guide--looking forward to getting into the 60s so I can really get the build going.
I've been running the build for a bit, and I swapped to scepters and leap/fortify. I really felt it helped smooth out some of the damage taken. I also find leap to be a much better movement skill personally. I overall liked the swap a lot.
"
New POE player here (~50 on my first character)--started following PewPewPew's Firestorm build, did some more looking and wasn't enjoying the minions so much, found this and am feeling good following it now. (Leveling with Firestorm, though, as I wasn't enjoying totems as the primary attack.)

After checking out your char profile (very helpful to see!), I have a couple questions:
1) How do I know which gems are useful to have +% quality on and which not? Should I follow basically exactly what you have? (Why doesn't Life Leech Support need levels or quality? I assume the interaction with Vaal Pact somehow negates leveling benefits, but I don't see why.)
2) Guide talks about Flame Dash, but you're using Leap Slam--is Leap Slam just a better movement skill, and I should aim for that even though it benefits from attack speed, which I'm not aiming for, and Flame Dash benefits from cast, which I am? Or is that a high-level switch only?

...and probably more later, but that's it for now. Thanks very much for the guide--looking forward to getting into the 60s so I can really get the build going.

I switched to sceptres about a week ago and while it is a preferred late end game option, it is by no means necessary until maybe guardians. In my videos i was still using wands for guardian kills. I will update the guide with my findings tomorrow, along with the information regarding the gems quality.
You mentioned you did guardians deathless. I've just started taking attempts at them (literally playing poe for 3 weeks), and I managed to do hydra relatively easy. Minotaur, however, has completely destroyed me and I was not able to facetank it (I did get it to ~30% across all attempts so not entirely hopeless). Any tricks to it?
"
areanu wrote:
You mentioned you did guardians deathless. I've just started taking attempts at them (literally playing poe for 3 weeks), and I managed to do hydra relatively easy. Minotaur, however, has completely destroyed me and I was not able to facetank it (I did get it to ~30% across all attempts so not entirely hopeless). Any tricks to it?

Your characters are hidden, so i cannot give you any specific comments, but in general you need a lot of hp and physical mitigation. Use solaris and tukohama pantheons, bring basalt flasks, that and arctic armour will grant you over 40% physical damage mitigation. If it still hurts, switch to scepters and use fortify for another 20% damage mitigation. Obviously you should also have all curse effectiveness nodes from the tree and 20% quality on curse on hit and enfeeble gems.
"
DirtyDot wrote:
Your characters are hidden, so i cannot give you any specific comments, but in general you need a lot of hp and physical mitigation. Use solaris and tukohama pantheons, bring basalt flasks, that and arctic armour will grant you over 40% physical damage mitigation. If it still hurts, switch to scepters and use fortify for another 20% damage mitigation. Obviously you should also have all curse effectiveness nodes from the tree and 20% quality on curse on hit and enfeeble gems.

Updated privacy settings, sorry about that. Tukohama is a brilliant tip, i had yugul from running reflect map earlier. Noted about the basalt flask. Tyvm! You're on point as always.

(Edit: that did help a lot. with 1 death, but i did manage to take minotaur down. thanks again!)
Last edited by areanu on Aug 31, 2017, 9:48:51 PM
"
areanu wrote:

Updated privacy settings, sorry about that. Tukohama is a brilliant tip, i had yugul from running reflect map earlier. Noted about the basalt flask. Tyvm! You're on point as always.

(Edit: that did help a lot. with 1 death, but i did manage to take minotaur down. thanks again!)

Your gear is excellent, but your flasks look questionable to me. You should not need a mana flask at all and a single health flask should be plenty. I'd replace them with basalt and quicksilver. Not sure about the topaz one either - there are no major lightning damage threats in the game afaik.
Last edited by DirtyDot on Aug 31, 2017, 10:29:16 PM
Man I'm having a lot of fun with this build! I just got a question: when should I start transitioning from the flameblast leveling gems to the ones listed under "gems and links"? Because as it is, the CWDT link doesn't really work, right?

(Sorry if the answer's obvious, I started playing just a few weeks ago)
Last edited by sophiepoe on Sep 2, 2017, 2:01:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info