[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

"
TheDarkWord wrote:
Is it nerfed ot still playable at endgame content ? Shaper,uber lab etc. ?

i think in its current form and shape the build will not be comfortable for the end game content. needs a rework.
I just came back after a couple of months and see that a new league has started.

Its a shame but R.I.P to this build with all the Necro and Ele changes. :(

So what are you playing now? Hiero looks promising but i am not sure if i want to play a totem build again, it gets boring fast.
"
Xirce wrote:
I just came back after a couple of months and see that a new league has started.

Its a shame but R.I.P to this build with all the Necro and Ele changes. :(

So what are you playing now? Hiero looks promising but i am not sure if i want to play a totem build again, it gets boring fast.

i suppose the 3.1 version can be recreated as necro/inquisitor scion with extra investment in block.
i am trying the occultist vaal pact version this league though.
"
DirtyDot wrote:

i suppose the 3.1 version can be recreated as necro/inquisitor scion with extra investment in block.
i am trying the occultist vaal pact version this league though.

You are going for a firestorm based build again?
Why Occultist? Because of extra curses and ES?

Without block, more leech seems the way to go but is the long way down to Vaal Pact worth it?

Are you testing this build or has someone posted it?
I would like to get an idea how it looks.

"
Xirce wrote:

You are going for a firestorm based build again?
Why Occultist? Because of extra curses and ES?

Without block, more leech seems the way to go but is the long way down to Vaal Pact worth it?

Are you testing this build or has someone posted it?
I would like to get an idea how it looks.

i always prioritize defense so i picked occultist and theory crafted this: https://pastebin.com/46AjTCSN
but i am not sure i can pull this off, this league is pretty boring already
Last edited by DirtyDot on Mar 8, 2018, 6:12:58 AM
"
DirtyDot wrote:

i always prioritize defense so i picked occultist and theory crafted this: https://pastebin.com/ammPZEKG
but i am not sure i can pull this off, this league is pretty boring already

Oh yes, i just started and already can see that somehow the mechanics of the new league dont fit to the game. They stop the game flow, feel artificial and boring after awhile.

On the other hand i am quite impressed with your new build 'idea'. The leech doesent look great on paper but for a firestorm build its insanely high. It will be interesting to see if 10k ES is enough to make up for the missing defences like block for example.
All in all high ES gear with good stats wont be cheap but at least you dont need a 6 link unique which is always quite expensive.

Pls keep us informed how it goes in case you dont fall asleep while catching beasts. :)

"
Xirce wrote:

Oh yes, i just started and already can see that somehow the mechanics of the new league dont fit to the game. They stop the game flow, feel artificial and boring after awhile.

On the other hand i am quite impressed with your new build 'idea'. The leech doesent look great on paper but for a firestorm build its insanely high. It will be interesting to see if 10k ES is enough to make up for the missing defences like block for example.
All in all high ES gear with good stats wont be cheap but at least you dont need a 6 link unique which is always quite expensive.

Pls keep us informed how it goes in case you dont fall asleep while catching beasts. :)

well during mapping you would be practically invulnerable due to the Vile Bastion ascendancy which gives up to 30% regen per second on top of the leech.

on top bosses it remains to be seen, but enfeeble with increased curse effectiveness paired with the 10% LESS damage received ascendancy paired with ES on hit watcher jewel should be comfortable enough in theory.
"
DirtyDot wrote:

well during mapping you would be practically invulnerable due to the Vile Bastion ascendancy which gives up to 30% regen per second on top of the leech.

on top bosses it remains to be seen, but enfeeble with increased curse effectiveness paired with the 10% LESS damage received ascendancy paired with ES on hit watcher jewel should be comfortable enough in theory.

Yea, bosses will be the issue. Leech is the strongest defence here and it will drop alot since warlord mark is a curse.
To keep it high you could use a life leech gem instead of fire penetration. But this will lower your dps drastically. Maybe the limited leech is still enough to be tanky. I guess you will soon find out. :)

DirtyDot great job! But I still have a hope that you update this build to 3.2 patch :D
"
dmn6 wrote:
DirtyDot great job! But I still have a hope that you update this build to 3.2 patch :D

This build is dead and buried. I am however working on another build - the triple herald elementalist, here is a teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-lP8BV1t4M

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info