[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

Been a long time since I played POE again. Trying out this build cuz Firestorm was my first love. Currently LV40, and having fun with the setups that I already have now. Watching the videos I noticed that there are a lot of different flasks there. Can you tell us what are the flasks you use? I have no idea what flasks I should use in the future.
I'm loving it...
Sry for the dumb question from a noob:
How does the Bone Offering works w/o lacaios?
Got the CWDT with Bone offering on the way to being properly levelled, this made a huge difference for surviving. I didn't realise that CWDT was too low level to cast Bone Offering. My life is at 5.8k now, just need to save more currency to buy a few other items with more life. I still need to update my flasks.

Regarding Potency of Will cluster; do you suggest refunding any points to get there sooner than levelling my way there? I feel like it will take me awhile to gain the extra 5 levels.
"
QQinfinity wrote:
Been a long time since I played POE again. Trying out this build cuz Firestorm was my first love. Currently LV40, and having fun with the setups that I already have now. Watching the videos I noticed that there are a lot of different flasks there. Can you tell us what are the flasks you use? I have no idea what flasks I should use in the future.

i use:

* life flask - obviously
* basalt flask - physical damage reduction
* rumi's concoction - not really necessary unless doing reduced block maps
* wise oak - fire penetration is a nice damage boost
* sulphur flask - 6% life regen is huge and there is some extra damage on top of that

if not using xoph's amulet then atziri's promise is just as good if not better than wise oak.
"
Rescra wrote:
I'm loving it...
Sry for the dumb question from a noob:
How does the Bone Offering works w/o lacaios?

Mistress of Sacrifice ascendancy node makes offerings apply to you, not just minions.
Last edited by DirtyDot on Feb 2, 2018, 2:07:08 AM
"
Chauncey wrote:
Regarding Potency of Will cluster; do you suggest refunding any points to get there sooner than levelling my way there? I feel like it will take me awhile to gain the extra 5 levels.

Potency of Will is a must. i'd drop the Fire Walker node and perhaps the combat stamina cluster to get it asap.
Would you mind setting your profile to public again or does that bother you? I used to look at it in order to improve my build since i mainly finished the build shown in the build...
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
QQinfinity wrote:

i use:

* life flask - obviously
* basalt flask - physical damage reduction
* rumi's concoction - not really necessary unless doing reduced block maps
* wise oak - fire penetration is a nice damage boost
* sulphur flask - 6% life regen is huge and there is some extra damage on top of that

if not using xoph's amulet then atziri's promise is just as good if not better than wise oak.

Tyvm.

I'm lv73 now and I have most of the things except Xoph's Blood Amulet and the unique flasks (wise oak, atziri, rumi). I feel like I cannot tank many things comfortably, probably because I only have 3k5 HP since I'm still stuck with a Tabula Rasa for 6 link. So far, I can't tank any burst damage (like Izaro) to the face like I would want to, I still need to constantly dodge or drink from the life flask on occasions. But I am doing much better than before when I was playing other builds.

I mean, my dream is to tank everything with my face without having to constantly dodge everything, and in most of your videos you have achieved this. I usually played summoners, and I was either a sitting duck (lack of reliable movement skill) or paper thin defense that can't tank anything. This build has pretty great defense mechanic... and there is shield bash.

Currently, here are the flasks:

Life flask, remove bleed.
Rumi, 18%/6% block
basalt, +30% duration
sulphur, -24% charge cost and +43% block/stun recovery (probably going to reroll this since we aren't getting stunned, thanks to the keystone)
quicksilver, +19 max charge + remove curse

PS: I'm using a stone golem for the HP regeneration for now until I get Empower. Should I use another golem?
Last edited by QQinfinity on Feb 9, 2018, 10:24:44 PM
"
QQinfinity wrote:

Tyvm.

I'm lv73 now and I have most of the things except Xoph's Blood Amulet and the unique flasks (wise oak, atziri, rumi). I feel like I cannot tank many things comfortably, probably because I only have 3k5 HP since I'm still stuck with a Tabula Rasa for 6 link. So far, I can't tank any burst damage (like Izaro) to the face like I would want to, I still need to constantly dodge or drink from the life flask on occasions. But I am doing much better than before when I was playing other builds.

I mean, my dream is to tank everything with my face without having to constantly dodge everything, and in most of your videos you have achieved this. I usually played summoners, and I was either a sitting duck (lack of reliable movement skill) or paper thin defense that can't tank anything. This build has pretty great defense mechanic... and there is shield bash.

Currently, here are the flasks:

Life flask, remove bleed.
Rumi, 18%/6% block
basalt, +30% duration
sulphur, -24% charge cost and +43% block/stun recovery (probably going to reroll this since we aren't getting stunned, thanks to the keystone)
quicksilver, +19 max charge + remove curse

PS: I'm using a stone golem for the HP regeneration for now until I get Empower. Should I use another golem?

your characters tab is hidden so i can't give you tailored advice, but basically life is king. it is paramount to get very good life rolls on everything. 100+ life on boots and gloves, 70+ life on both rings and amulet, 90+ on belt. flat life on abyss jewels. i had a quick look at PoB and even with tabula you should be able to get at least 4.5k life at 73.

stone golem is fine.
empower is not needed.
put remove bleed on the sulphur flask instead of life.
Will this build work on new pach 3.2 ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info