[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

"
wulkwa wrote:
For your leveling recommendations - how does well immortal call work without warlord's mark?

(I have also been wondering about grabbing the support for second curse early on - anyways, I've been trying to adapt the parts of this build which seem to work, but a few parts feel off.)

i would not use IC without WM unless you have an extra slot for the increased duration gem.
"
azraelb wrote:
Hi,

first of all I was a big whispering ice fan and I am interested in having this feeling again.
Your build looks nice, however I have some questions.

1. I am playing HC and I am worried that 6k health isnt enough to survive burst damage that happens before I am able to cast firestorm to leech (eg. off-screen projectile attacks/ shield chargers)
Is the aditional dmage from elementalist really worth all the block you can get from necromancer?

2. Is spell dmg/castspeed from dualwielding wands really better than a decent +3 staff (especially with kaoms heart in mind)?

1. This build invests quite a lot in cast speed, feels very fluid and casts very fast. I don't play hardcore and had my share of deaths but none of them were due to the reasons you described.

2. I ran the numbers in PoB and didn't like the staff version. For HC I'd rather go with the caster shield approach (spell/fire damage, cast speed and life). You could also sacrifice some damage nodes and pick the Devotion life cluster and the jewel slot above it for another 27% increased life.
Can you give some suggestions on where to go in the skill tree after your final version?

Thanks.
"
dn604 wrote:
Can you give some suggestions on where to go in the skill tree after your final version?

Thanks.

jewel slots, life

Added video against the Shaper. First run (ever), deathless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y2DpkZ1XOA
Hi DirtyDot.

I have one big question to you and your build. I have read all this guide, but I have convert this from Firestorm to Ice Nova and freez all enemies on map.

I have come up with the following changes:

My planned skiltree: www.poeurl.com/bvvz

I have remove Hrimnor's Resolve and use Heatshiver / Doedre's Scorn or Rime Gaze and swap Xoph's Blood on The Pandemonius. I plan to buy Realmshaper or (probably better) Taryn's Shiver.

What do you think?

henryk5pio
Does lvl4 empower bring the total dmg output down if it substites, say, controlled destruction or ele focus? Being fairly new to all this, i try to run some sims in PoB but I'm having some difficulties donig that.

Edit: huh, it does seem to bring the dps down. Average hit goes down from 9210 to 8073. :(
Last edited by areanu on Aug 27, 2017, 3:37:35 PM
How were you able to get the 4 blue and 2 red sockets on the chest piece? Did you just use chromatic orbs 1 at a time until you got them?
"
devasamira wrote:
How were you able to get the 4 blue and 2 red sockets on the chest piece? Did you just use chromatic orbs 1 at a time until you got them?

https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

It seems that 4chromes at a time picking 'at least 1b' is the best option. I've sinked ~1500 chromes myself doing that, not there yet.
"
henryk5pioo wrote:
Hi DirtyDot.

I have one big question to you and your build. I have read all this guide, but I have convert this from Firestorm to Ice Nova and freez all enemies on map.

I have come up with the following changes:

My planned skiltree: www.poeurl.com/bvvz

I have remove Hrimnor's Resolve and use Heatshiver / Doedre's Scorn or Rime Gaze and swap Xoph's Blood on The Pandemonius. I plan to buy Realmshaper or (probably better) Taryn's Shiver.

What do you think?

henryk5pio

I have no idea. I suspect it will not work very well and you would be better off going crit freezing pulse for what you are trying to achieve.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info