[3.0] VP DP OP - Dark Pact Berserker - New Minotaur Facetank Video

"
So I finally tried Shield Charge on Brightbeak, and holy butts is it good.

So put it as a secondary? What links and what's the explanation on how to use it/what it's for?
Is it just for movement?
"
imarunk wrote:
"

So put it as a secondary? What links and what's the explanation on how to use it/what it's for?
Is it just for movement?

I am also currently lvling with this build or more the gear/gem setup from there: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956548

You can also look at my character. Probably will use it till my gems hit 20/20 and then switch back to this setup with 6l Pledge, Kaoms and then I should have the missing 3 ex for Acuity and will try to farm t16 maps and shaper and Uber maybe.

But for fast map leveling in <t13 maps the linked setup is OP!
"
Great build mate! Thanks!
Now lvl 71 and enjoing it very much. But i have a question. Isn't MoM making life harder, by reducing amount of savage hits we take?

Yes, technically, but it's a conscious decision I made knowing the consequences.

First off, there are very few bosses that have no adds and don't savage hit us, but would savage hit us without MoM.

Second, big hits that threaten to one-shot us are more common and give us less options for dealing with them. They are a more important problem to solve.

"
imarunk wrote:
"

Is it just for movement?

PoB link has the details, but I'll explain here. Brightbeak and a 9% movespeed + 13% attack speed shield (not the top tier one, requires too much dex) should be in your weapon swap II slots. One of them should be RRG 3-linked, and you socket Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify in it.

What I did from that point is set weapon swap to Left Shift, and make right click swap between Dark Pact and Shield Charge. Then I just hit shift when I'm done with a pack and again when I'm near another one.

I plan to make a new video to show how fast it is.
How is the mana regen against bosses? And what if a boss doesn't savage hit you? And what do you think about Carcass Jack or Apep's rage?
Last edited by InsaneX3 on Aug 15, 2017, 9:26:47 PM
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
How is the mana regen against bosses? And what if a boss doesn't savage hit you? And what do you think about Carcass Jack or Apep's rage?

Mana regen/leech against bosses is perfect with acuity, decent without. In those situations where you are getting damaged too much to cast, Lav's Spirit keeps you casting and leeching.

Carcass Jack isn't as good as Cherub's here, IMO, and neither gives us as much survivability as Kaom's Heart. I theory crafted with Apep's, but I chose to go MoM. Not only does Apep's increase our mana cost, it also prevents us from getting the juicy 100% increased mana from Pledge.
Got a new video up, replaced the old one. T14 Volcano map.
Been playing something very similar myself, though I definitely need to tweak some links this weekend. Currently at level 90. I am housing the maps I've tried easily enough (just tore through a double boss Abyss map no problem), though it helps that I have an amazing pledge of hands. Some of my other gear is a bit crappy though.

Still haven't made the actual jump to MoM. Probably a good idea, though I do worry about big hits draining my juice.

I have found that stuns account for a good chunk of my deaths. I am using the brine king with the capture upgrade, but they can still be rough, especially on temporal chains maps.
"
FilthyMonkey wrote:
Been playing something very similar myself, though I definitely need to tweak some links this weekend. Currently at level 90. I am housing the maps I've tried easily enough (just tore through a double boss Abyss map no problem), though it helps that I have an amazing pledge of hands. Some of my other gear is a bit crappy though.

Still haven't made the actual jump to MoM. Probably a good idea, though I do worry about big hits draining my juice.

I have found that stuns account for a good chunk of my deaths. I am using the brine king with the capture upgrade, but they can still be rough, especially on temporal chains maps.

Temp Chains is brutal. I recommend a Kiara's Determination and a Diamond Flask of Warding. Also a Lav's Spirit takes care of big hits/DoTs and mana issues.

Also that pledge is beautiful
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 16, 2017, 12:37:52 AM
OP, have you compared using a Pledge of Hands vs. using a high spell crit dagger and shield combo?

I am trying to figure out which would be best for a fresh character, but I really cannot stand having to weapon swap for a good movement skill. I am torn between the two.
"
Jaime420 wrote:
OP, have you compared using a Pledge of Hands vs. using a high spell crit dagger and shield combo?

I am trying to figure out which would be best for a fresh character, but I really cannot stand having to weapon swap for a good movement skill. I am torn between the two.

Pledge of Hands gives us a 7L for really cheap, and enough mana to use MoM with blasphemy. Having a 2h weapon also allows us to use Kaom's Heart. I've considered other setups, but I think this one has the most utility.

You are, of course, welcome to do whatever you like with your character.

However, aside from the above issues, without brightbeak, your shield charge will not be nearly as fast as if you swapped for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info