[3.1] FoxTactic's - Arc of the council build "Good all arounder"

So this is my first season, and I've tried a ton of builds (thanks to some very lucky drops and a ton of help from my experienced friends, I have lots of currency to spend).

I saw the vids and want to try this build, but the guide here is very bearbones, and isn't very clear. For example, the gems you have on the front page don't match the path of building, and you have multiple chests and three rings. A section that explains the gems would be very helpful.

Additionally, a guide to level the character. I haven't yet leveled a templar, and this build seems a bit too different from most other builds for me to simply copy someone else's starter setup. An in-depth section that covers the tree and different leveling gear would be super helpful!
Tried a variant of this with ball lightning (Figured it would be great for procing mind of the council, which it is for the most part) But i tested with vaal pact against a few early map bosses and i was unable to regenerate any health from leech (Via bereks ring), and didnt seem to be getting the mind of the council mana procs either, did i test against the wrong bosses, or am i misunderstanding how shock works now? Havent had any problems shocking rares or any kind of other regular mob, so either shock immunity is awfully common on map bosses, or they're very hard to shock for some reason (?)

My gear is meh and i didnt go crit (Hierophant, with high chance to shock %) if that is relevant.
What would be the 5l Flame Surge setup?
I'm following this build. Currently level 77 and LOVING it.
Spoiler
No mercy for the weak. No pity for the dying. No tears for the slain.
Without inc crit gem in my gloves, its showing me at 93% crit chance with 8 power charges up. I guess I should go Empower as 4th link
Ive dropped voidbatteries and gone back to basic. Think im nearing the finishline on where i want this build to be. Gemlinks are feeling good

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FoxTactics/characters

Also did a little pass on this thread and updated the flasks.

One more pass and i think were done.
Last edited by FoxTactics on Sep 20, 2017, 6:41:19 PM
In your stream, you said that you respecced out of vaal pact and went back to other passives. The guide doesn't reflect that yet, and your profile seems to be incorrect too (both your harbinger dudes have Void Batteries and weird skill trees). Really looking forward to your next update! :D
"
Schwachsinn wrote:
In your stream, you said that you respecced out of vaal pact and went back to other passives. The guide doesn't reflect that yet, and your profile seems to be incorrect too (both your harbinger dudes have Void Batteries and weird skill trees). Really looking forward to your next update! :D

havent respecced out of vaalpact, and i dont have void batteries.
I took another look and I just didn't notice you have another Harbinger templar in between the Standard chars. Woops!
I have a question, though: why do you use Harbinger of Ice/Arctic armor?
€: nevermind, just found the answer in the ignizzle section.
Last edited by Schwachsinn on Sep 22, 2017, 7:31:07 AM
Updated the buildthread, maybe for the last time, if you still have questions repost them after reading through the thread.

\ FoX

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info