[3.1] FoxTactic's - Arc of the council build "Good all arounder"

"
DeadManWalkin wrote:

"
Can shock Uber izaro+argus

aside that, build looks very interesting. I'm actually considering trying this out as my next char, it might take a while till I do, so I'm interested in seeing how this works.

I guess arc is for clear and surge is for single target, correct?

do you use actually use orb of storms, or do you just drop it for hard rares/harbinger/breach/bosses and the like? do you even get the innervate buff at all if you have it linked to OoS? as you need to kill with orb to gain the buff in the first place.
same question goes to arcane surge, as you need to spend the mana with OoS to get the buff, and I can't really imagine that you "spam" OoS till you have the buff, then do 4 seconds of arc/surge, then spamm oos again, that would hardly be feasible. wouldn't be something like inc crit or inc aoe in that case be better? maybe even both (replacing surge and innervate, if they don't have a reliable uptime, which I have a hard time imagining that they do)? Or is, more likely, innervate just there for the 20% shock chance and thus simply an additional source of mana? actually, the longer I think about, that might be the actual reason for it. :) I would still replace arcane surge though.

You do know the wiki is not updated right? they removed ailments from bosses.
i use orb of storms all the time to proc all the buffs, works on every pack.
Its strong enough to get lasthits.
arcane surge at lvl8, procs everytime i put it down.
Sexy build fox. Can't believe you're actually making me want to do a spell build.

Goddammit man, you're ruining all my plans for when I can play Poe after the exams.

Btw, have you tried this with any other lightning skill(other than tendrils)?
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Hmm, question, how would The Volkuur's Guidance gloves pair with this build? :D And how about Call of the Brotherhood as 2nd ring.

Another option as a weapon might be the new Harbinger sword

Also, the new Harbinger helmet could provide some really nice DPS boost for the tradeoff of loosing manaleech ! (providing and effective 6 link for arc)

Last edited by Palaryel on Aug 10, 2017, 8:13:31 PM
This looks interesting as do most of your builds seeing as you're one of the few people I see consistently playing Arc builds. The only concern I have is how reliably does Orb of Storms proc Innervation or is it there just for the added shock chance.
This build looks veeery fun!
Currently playing the frostbolt totem build, but looking for a better bosskiller now that i've gathered some currency.

As a rookie, im not quite sure on what to put points in while leveling, and what to prio. Do you plan on maybe writing a small section about the leveling process?

Sorry if I sound like a noobie here, but how are you "burning" your single target to get the extra damage from Flame Surge? Is it just the crit on spells and you have fire damage to spells on your weapon? So you orb of storm puts that little ignite on the boss?
Ive been wondering how well you could get this combo to work for higher content.. is a 0.2% hp hit for 1% shock the minimum amount or could it go to fractions? Might be able to get shocks on guardians/shaper
Last edited by SenorHabanero on Aug 12, 2017, 6:33:29 AM
I don't know about Shaper as I've never done him, but I was able to easily shock Minotaur with Orb of Storms and I have less crit multi than Fox, I'd imagine it's fine.
updated text, links, pastebin. uhm... something else.
"
Palaryel wrote:
Hmm, question, how would The Volkuur's Guidance gloves pair with this build? :D And how about Call of the Brotherhood as 2nd ring.

Another option as a weapon might be the new Harbinger sword

Also, the new Harbinger helmet could provide some really nice DPS boost for the tradeoff of loosing manaleech ! (providing and effective 6 link for arc)

Would be a different build, its like a jigsaw puzzle, change one thing and something else changes. but yes i will use that helm in an arc build eventually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info