[3.1] FoxTactic's - Arc of the council build "Good all arounder"

I have never played an Arc build before and I want to try this or spark.
This having done shaper looks pretty nice so I think its what I want to give a shot even in the next league (change dependent), I am pretty able to level with whatever so thats not a big issue for me.
My question is around the use of flame dash when I never saw it used in the shaper video.
Do you now use flame dash for single target where you did not before?
Any chance for update to 3.2 version? ;)
"
Nargoron wrote:
Any chance for update to 3.2 version? ;)

There was no change to inquisitor for this build, might be a few new uniques coming into play but other than that should be exactly the same.
Hey ma dude foxy. You think the new Stormfire ring would be an ok item? then i can try for max lightning on both weapons.

P.S. every league i always play your builds the most. Love all of them.
"
Wordmustard wrote:
Hey ma dude foxy. You think the new Stormfire ring would be an ok item? then i can try for max lightning on both weapons.

I'm trying it out right now and the added damage is pretty nice.

That being said if you need your ring slot for more life/res you can always use an eye jewel with some added fire damage, no need to have it on your weapon.

Edit: only hypnotic eye jewels can roll that, fire damage to spells or fire damage to spells while dual wielding/holding a shield (depending on your setup)
Last edited by Trudorc on Mar 8, 2018, 10:08:04 AM
"
Trudorc wrote:
"
Wordmustard wrote:

That being said if you need your ring slot for more life/res you can always use an eye jewel with some added fire damage, no need to have it on your weapon.

Edit: only hypnotic eye jewels can roll that, fire damage to spells or fire damage to spells while dual wielding/holding a shield (depending on your setup)

Does it allow flame surge to ignite though. Since it lets lightning g ignite. Or does the skill itself negate ignites all together?
"
Wordmustard wrote:
"
Trudorc wrote:
"
Wordmustard wrote:

Does it allow flame surge to ignite though. Since it lets lightning g ignite. Or does the skill itself negate ignites all together?

No, flame surge can never ignite. Closest thing would be getting another spell to auto-cast when you cast flame surge but it's probably not worth the investment.

Orb of storm does the job just fine on bosses, only need to cast it once in a while, and we need it to keep power charges up anyway.

True true. I was thinking of using that ring and an Esh's mirror. Since the ignites are based of lightning dmg. I think it will be a great setup for maps
Last edited by Wordmustard on Mar 8, 2018, 12:31:56 PM
Foxxy. or anyone that might know. What is the second mod on his watchers eye jewel? im assuming its something with clarity. Thinking either mana cost or recovery rate.
Did anyone ever find an alternative single target spell to Flame Surge? I dislike it and theorycrafted a lot of stuff, but never really found something with comparable DPs. Ball Lightning would be pretty cool but the damage just isn't there without investment in additional slower projectiles + projectile damage. Flamesurge requires one to be so close which is pretty heavy without Vaal Pact :/
Last edited by Schwachsinn on Mar 26, 2018, 4:20:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info