[Discussion] Api sniper fest vs the regular player-base

But don't worry, we getting those trade improvements soon.

With this kind of trade we are only getting more people join the price fixing/api ride. Poor people that get scammed daily by not knowing the value of items.

Thing is, flippers have no gaming skill, so they have to back it up by trading their way to power and ggg condones path of trading to endgame.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Aug 8, 2017, 4:04:24 AM
Maybe, just Maybe it is not that People try to lowball you, but if you get 30 Instant messages, MAYBE the price of that item is higher then you thought? Meta Changes, Streamer have an influence. It does not happen only once that Mathil, Ziz or LNB brought up an uncommon build with some uncommon items, and the price of those items explode in hours. So the thing i do if i get spammed for items, i just list it higher. Just because in Old Leagues Item XYZ had a specifiv "value" it does not mean it is carved in stone. So why not simply adjust your price then?
GGG decided to outsource the creation of trading tools to 3rd parties, instead of doing it themselves ingame. So this is what you get. The free market has spoken - code your own API sniper tools and rule the pyramid, or GTFO.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Krayken wrote:
"
People think they are entitled to get grossly underpriced items over the people who spend more time and effort than them to acquire said items?

Api user spotted. Ban.

"
Burgingham wrote:
"
People think they are entitled to get grossly underpriced items over the people who spend more time and effort than them to acquire said items?

You mean the effort of using a questionable 3rd party program?

I find poe.trade whoops are working fine for me. But please do go ahead & explain how programs using exactly the same data provided by GGG but faster are questionable or ban worthy? Oh wait you can't...

"
morbo wrote:
GGG decided to outsource the creation of trading tools to 3rd parties, instead of doing it themselves ingame. So this is what you get.

Someone with some sense at last.
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
Last edited by MarloStanfield on Aug 8, 2017, 5:50:17 AM
"
"
Krayken wrote:
"

Api user spotted. Ban.

"
Burgingham wrote:
"

I find poe.trade whoops are working fine for me. But please do go ahead & explain how programs using exactly the same data provided by GGG but faster are questionable or ban worthy? Oh wait you can't...

Good that you know beforehand that I cannot explain something. Let me try anyway. Those people are using 3rd party software not everyone has access to as a means of getting ahead inside of the game. Many other online games ban for this kind of behaviour. GGG obviously does not. So it is questionable on their side how they are handling things.

It also forces me to gain knowledge in software or programming or whatever just to play a game, which I am not willing to do as it is my hobby, not my job.

I just wish GGG would take a different approach altogether to trading. Otherwise this kind of behavior is inevitable.

P.S.: Poe.trade is currently NOT working fine for me. I was sitting on that site for an hour last night just to buy a ring and a belt that weren't horribly overpriced. Whenever I found an item like that it was gone already and appeared under the name of one of a few flippers again momentarily.

I guess you could ultimately argue that if GGG does nothing to combat this it is their wish for the game to funtion in such a way. I am not sure though wether that is the smartest decision business wise for them to make. The majority of the player base is probably not too keen on programming their own sniper API just to play PoE.
If you're having fun that's the most important thing. Those snipers have their fun stealing the items at a low price and that's ok in the current state of things.
Second-class poe gamer
"
"
Krayken wrote:
"

Api user spotted. Ban.

"
Burgingham wrote:
"

"
morbo wrote:
GGG decided to outsource the creation of trading tools to 3rd parties, instead of doing it themselves ingame. So this is what you get.

Someone with some sense at last.

Dev of http://pathofstats.com/ here. Using the APIs, but not for indexer or sniper tools, just statistics and race and ladder stuff. So i have some knowlege. The problem with poe.trade and custom indexer is:
poe.trade is slow, because it has a huge database with "all" items. So it takes time to for example: is the item already in database? if so, is the samer owner? same price? etc. do update or insert item into LARGE database. All this takes a while and can make queries to the api slow down, because of all the processes that have to be done. While those realtime indexer do not save if at all datas. They get the stream of data from the api, updated every 1-2 seconds, and look throu those data and compare the data with the users filter. this is way faster than poe.trade can be. poe.trade is, i am not absolute sure, on 5-6 servers. So it needs a lot of cpu, ram, etc to run smooth. But, its still slower.
Last edited by Zeritas on Aug 8, 2017, 6:12:29 AM
Dang. So this is why I can't buy jack shit this league.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
You should try putting some coconut oil into your coffee , it gets rid of the bitter aftertaste (depending on roast obviously) and makes it go down smoother while also putting less stress on your bowels.

a boyfriend of my mom years ago used to drink it that way , he was a doctor and an alcoholic. shrug.
if a doctor did it , cant be wrong!
Tbh the problem is largely one of perception.

There are many scam low ball offers for the sought after items, which are there in order to entice people to list at that price or lower, so that the scammers you refer to snatch them and resell. Do not expect to buy at that price.

By the way - try to use the web socket version for live search, it is much faster. I have happened to buy items before the price fixers did.

p.s. As boring as this may be, this behavior is also present in real life, you cannot stop people from benefiting from the the ignorance of others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info