[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

"
JessicaSc2 wrote:

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Scared to play the game outside of standard without your legacy and mirrored gears?

Don't worry soon (in 3 months) you'll be able to buy more GG items in the form of T1 abyss jewels so you can kill shaper 0.5 second faster (✌ ゚ ∀ ゚)☞

My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255805
"
JessicaSc2 wrote:
Scared to play the game outside of standard without your legacy and mirrored gears?

Don't worry soon (in 3 months) you'll be able to buy more GG items in the form of T1 abyss jewels so you can kill shaper 0.5 second faster (✌ ゚ ∀ ゚)☞

Or I can do what I did the last 5 leagues I played and play hardcore and rip whatever I want to standard and craft. You should try hc sometime, assuming you're not too busy on that high horse of yours ;)
"
JessicaSc2 wrote:

While I don't see a point in using legacy/mirrored gears (arg standard) to make an extremely OP character that is not league-obtainable..

This guide has reviews, PoB and budget/end-game gear recommendations.
He took the time to make a quality guide..

In fact, he even included a review of someone taking a dump on the pathfinder ascendancy because not everybody can play enough to obtain dying sun/taste of hate...

This may not be a guide for everybody but it's totally end-game viable even with league gear.
However,this build is definitely not the most cost-efficient/overpowered.

"
DrLestatt wrote:
Its definitely not kicking ass like it was in harbinger anymore .

the build has a serious leech issue against bosses which is even more deadly as you are basically a glasscanon without imba gear (100eX+ )

I would suggest to use Tornado Shot (preferably in an Abyssus even if not necessary ... because Bosses just melt with it) instead and wear a Kaom's.
Phys jewels make Doomfletch insane. The removed crit from bow doesn't do a lot because Diamond Flask recovers a lot from that loss (the effective crit chance doesn't drop as much as you think).
whats the primal spirit red thing means?
Hello ahfack. I'm a new player to Poe. And I rly like ur guide/build. I have couple questions.

How expensive will this build be for me in league? To reach high map farming and ofc killing guards/bosses? I'm playing in league. So I might find exactly the stats u are showing in guide. Some prepared for that.

Thanks for a nice guide :)
why dont use conqueer's potency for one more arrow with the fire flask
Hey Ahfack,

I'm playing the build in Abyss league, and so far the leveling process has been relatively smooth. I still have a lot of gearing to do with some substantial upgrades still to come, but the foundation is solid enough to offer a fun play experience. I thought I'd share some of the observations I've made with about 4 days played in league on this character so far:

Positives
- The bow is pretty darn cheap now, so I was able to get 4 of them for use/linking purposes at less than 30c total.
- The clear speed is still nice. I'm up to T12 maps so far, and I still 1-2 shot packs even with all the gear I am missing.
- Tornado Shot fits in well for the Abyss portals. Hitting the whole screen makes it easy to stand near a rare and burst it down with point blank while simultaneously annihilating all the small fry in the area.
- The "no prohibitively-expensive uniques required" theme continues to hold true. While other bow builds may be more league starter-friendly, this one can do the job just fine. I found myself comfortably (keyword right there; I can go higher, but its scary depending on map mods) farming T6-8 until upgrading to Kaom's and Abyssus, and now T10-12 on my current gear. I expect to jump all the way up to T14-15 when I secure a Taste of Hate and be ready for some boss melting after Dying Sun/one more decently-rolled Steel Ring/balancing at least 2 Wise Oak resistances.

Negatives
- The damage/time-to-kill feels quite unpredictable at times due to the reduced inherent crit value on Doomfletch's Prism. I can do a boss once and it dies almost instantly (yay crits), and when I do the same boss again it can take a lot longer (boo no crits). This is a nervous feeling on a build that, without top-rolled gear, has the potential to get one-hit killed against certain enemies. I'm hoping gear upgrades solve this problem.
- The instant leech is definitely missed. While Ahfack was clearly able to make it work in standard, it won't be so simple in league. I'm pretty sure it'll be manageable, but time will tell. Again, will know more once I get proper gear pieces in all my remaining slots.

Overall, the build plays well and is still fun to clear maps/kill bosses with. Have a look at my character for context around these remarks. I think it's unrealistic to compare a league version of the build with the original Standard version. I am enjoying the performance, the clear speed and there are *plenty* of chase items to keep the build engaging.

Thanks!
"
redbeardsec wrote:
Hey Ahfack,

I'm playing the build in Abyss league, and so far the leveling process has been relatively smooth. I still have a lot of gearing to do with some substantial upgrades still to come, but the foundation is solid enough to offer a fun play experience. I thought I'd share some of the observations I've made with about 4 days played in league on this character so far:

Positives
- The bow is pretty darn cheap now, so I was able to get 4 of them for use/linking purposes at less than 30c total.
- The clear speed is still nice. I'm up to T12 maps so far, and I still 1-2 shot packs even with all the gear I am missing.
- Tornado Shot fits in well for the Abyss portals. Hitting the whole screen makes it easy to stand near a rare and burst it down with point blank while simultaneously annihilating all the small fry in the area.
- The "no prohibitively-expensive uniques required" theme continues to hold true. While other bow builds may be more league starter-friendly, this one can do the job just fine. I found myself comfortably (keyword right there; I can go higher, but its scary depending on map mods) farming T6-8 until upgrading to Kaom's and Abyssus, and now T10-12 on my current gear. I expect to jump all the way up to T14-15 when I secure a Taste of Hate and be ready for some boss melting after Dying Sun/one more decently-rolled Steel Ring/balancing at least 2 Wise Oak resistances.

Negatives
- The damage/time-to-kill feels quite unpredictable at times due to the reduced inherent crit value on Doomfletch's Prism. I can do a boss once and it dies almost instantly (yay crits), and when I do the same boss again it can take a lot longer (boo no crits). This is a nervous feeling on a build that, without top-rolled gear, has the potential to get one-hit killed against certain enemies. I'm hoping gear upgrades solve this problem.
- The instant leech is definitely missed. While Ahfack was clearly able to make it work in standard, it won't be so simple in league. I'm pretty sure it'll be manageable, but time will tell. Again, will know more once I get proper gear pieces in all my remaining slots.

Overall, the build plays well and is still fun to clear maps/kill bosses with. Have a look at my character for context around these remarks. I think it's unrealistic to compare a league version of the build with the original Standard version. I am enjoying the performance, the clear speed and there are *plenty* of chase items to keep the build engaging.

Thanks!

Great write-up! Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'd say at this point, your most important upgrade will be a T1 Flaring neck with accuracy/crit on it. Craft life is fine. 6L'ing your DFP and getting a +1 arrow quiver for your barrage setup will help IMMENSELY with the bosses. You'll be able to tell a huge difference. Mirage Archer is insane. 5L is fine for clearing trash. I see you got a Stygian Vise on. Great choice! I think a jewel with flat phys for bows + flat phys is BiS for us, and you could put a few of them on the tree as well. Those jewels are so OP and I'll try to incorporate them into the build guide within the coming weeks. Your morbid breeze is really good. Several like that would be pretty GG, although 7% life with a kaoms is more life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info