[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

Hi Ahfack, this is my first league and don't know if this is a silly question... I couldn't get a 6 L doomfletcher but got a 6 L Chin sol by fusing one. As well as a +1 arrow signal fire from vaaling one. Should i switch out my load out to a doomfletcher + drillneck?

In PoB, my current setup with barrage does 36k average dps | 728k total dps / 72k average dps | 1.45 M total dps at close range.

Switching to Doomfletcher/drillneck gives me, 44.4k average dps and 1.06M total dps

Is this mostly a preference thing due to knockback?
"
BigBankHank wrote:
Why is Tempest's Binding so popular?

It's basically a 6L that also gives Frenzy charges (for Pathfinder), so it makes having your clear skill in there extremely rewarding. It also gives Life and All-resist. The Harbinger it spawns gives you Shock and Freeze, allowing you to still have Shock (and Freeze) for single target in a 6L Barrage.

Also, you don't get fisted by physical damage like Abyssus.
"
izrao wrote:
Should i switch out my load out to a doomfletcher + drillneck?

In PoB, my current setup with barrage does 36k average dps | 728k total dps / 72k average dps | 1.45 M total dps at close range.

Switching to Doomfletcher/drillneck gives me, 44.4k average dps and 1.06M total dps

His Blasphemy + Projectile Weakness would cause knockback in his setup regardless. A +1 Signal Fire is more DPS than a +1 Drillneck for me, but not substantially so. As for Chin Sol, I would think Doomfletch would surpass it in damage if you had enough physical to scale it up.

For me, Chin Sol is massive damage loss over Doomfletch's Prism. You also have Enlighten linked in it.
"
Eninya wrote:
"
izrao wrote:
Should i switch out my load out to a doomfletcher + drillneck?

His Blasphemy + Projectile Weakness would cause knockback in his setup regardless. A +1 Signal Fire is more DPS than a +1 Drillneck for me, but not substantially so. As for Chin Sol, I would think Doomfletch would surpass it in damage if you had enough physical to scale it up.

For me, Chin Sol is massive damage loss over Doomfletch's Prism. You also have Enlighten linked in it.

Ah I'm just using the enlighten because i wanna hear the herald of ice shatter sound while mapping. I would use a elemental focus gem instead against harder content. Against bosses i use a Enlighten + Blasphemy + Proj Weakness set up on my boots, Assassin's mark + Curse on hit + herald of ice while clearing.

I tested in PoB with ahfack's GG gear and switched out for a perfect chin sol/signal and it reaches 6.15M with a chin sol @ close range.

It's a weird decision because if i go doom/drill, i will gain 300k in regular damage, but i'll lose out on the potential 400k.
"
TsunaH wrote:
@GranTib

With all the old gears i posted , i could clear t13-t15 maps pretty easily. I didnt try bosses because i feel like my barrage damage wasn't enough and also I dont have an abyssus to try( kinda scared about the 40% more dmg taken not gonna lie ). This was also without a taste of hate and dying sun.

If u dont have a lot of currencies , I suggest to buy Tempest Binding for 65c ~ . Imo it's a really cheap 6l helmet that will prolly carry you all the way if u can't afford a (or 2) 6l prism. Dropped a piece of the helmet in a t15 beachhead so it only costs me 40c.

So I did Uber lab and got my last points. Managed to balance all my res by picking up another amulet.Got lucky in the res craft so I didnt really need to change other gears or divine for the right res.
Got a taste of hate and dying sun. Now mobs just instantly dies from LA.
The only thing that i regret not having is movespeed on boots otherwise im way happy with the build

Ty for awnser, I plan to try tempest, got a max roll one i use to get enchant in lab. However i feel the main ose of it is to free 6sockets to equip kaom's heart
I plan not to balance my res tho, not for now, too lazy.

I will try abyssus too i have an almost perfect one and i guess being oseshoted or being UberOverKilled oneshoted doesn't make difference.

Cant find any better quiver than signals fire according to PoB.

I just spent 1h on PoB to understand that i need improvements everywhere, I didn't "missed something". It's a good and a bad news, i'm not that stupid, but I was worrying about the need of very good rares on bow builds. Hopefully i have GG gripped gloves that would only boost my character a bit when equiped, and boost my character a F***** lot when sold.

Also flasks...
Last edited by GranTib on Sep 15, 2017, 3:46:47 AM
Hi,

first of all, thanks for great guide. Loving this build. Not sure, if it was good idea to start as first character in Harbringer. Right now, I´m having trouble staying alive on maps 10+ against bosses. Damage could be little bit higher too. I´m sure it will be much better with gear, but could you point me what should I change or upgrade first? Thanks a lot.
"
Sharmi wrote:
Hi,

first of all, thanks for great guide. Loving this build. Not sure, if it was good idea to start as first character in Harbringer. Right now, I´m having trouble staying alive on maps 10+ against bosses. Damage could be little bit higher too. I´m sure it will be much better with gear, but could you point me what should I change or upgrade first? Thanks a lot.

Replace your abyssus by another helmet if you're dying too much against bosses
OI!

I have been following this guide and i love the build.
but i do got one concern, i seem to lack dmg with Barrage. Might have missed something or just beeing a complete tool not getting it. Feel free to check my char etc if someone could help. I know the jewelery is crap, and no steelrings but decent phys on the current anyways. (Just really hard to balance oak with my 2 steel rings i got laying around waiting to work) :p
Appreciate any help i could get.
"
Iblisx wrote:
OI!

I have been following this guide and i love the build.
but i do got one concern, i seem to lack dmg with Barrage. Might have missed something or just beeing a complete tool not getting it. Feel free to check my char etc if someone could help. I know the jewelery is crap, and no steelrings but decent phys on the current anyways. (Just really hard to balance oak with my 2 steel rings i got laying around waiting to work) :p
Appreciate any help i could get.

As you are saying your rings are pretty bad, need to get those steel rings.
Diamond flask is a huge dps increase. Levels on your gems and levels on your character for more jewel slots. You currently have 0 dps increase from your jewels except for lioneye's of course. Your +accuracy from gear is quite low, you need around 90% to not cripple your crit chance. Chance to bleed-gem should also give you higher damage than slower projectiles with your current gear, RRGGBB is a bit annoying to get on a bow but not too bad.

What would you change from my build?
Last edited by Carcelero on Sep 15, 2017, 7:52:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info