[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

So, I'm doing this build in Softcore, probably gonna go towards Breath of Flames for more Burning damage, anything else you would change?
What is the highest lvl maps you guys can do right now, I can do up to ten with some suffering, I also use a cwdt immortal call helm which almost makes me invincible when I need it. I have 5k life and 2.3k mana. I want to get a 6 link next but after that I have no idea how I can get enough damage to push to higher tier maps. When I used my zerk nghamu flame build last league I could do everything up to shaper. How does this become shaper viable?

Thanks again
Another question guys, is it ok to have added fire dmg ot attacks on one ring? for example my shield charge does phys dmg(base), a bit of cold and a bit of fire. Will it work fine or screw the whole idea of elemental equilibrium?|
"
suitonek wrote:
Another question guys, is it ok to have added fire dmg ot attacks on one ring? for example my shield charge does phys dmg(base), a bit of cold and a bit of fire. Will it work fine or screw the whole idea of elemental equilibrium?|

that will completely screw you. You need zero "adds # to # fire damage" on your gear
IGN: LessBow
"
Righteous fire and scorch dont proc Elemental Equilibrium since they dont actually 'hit'

Well spotted. This is why we use Shield Charge and Orb of Storms, as has been said elsewhere. Several times.
Hey there, thanks for this post and the information as it was much easier than going through Ziggy's video bit by bit and pausing it.

I've been getting through pretty decently with the build and am impressed for my first RF/ Scorching Ray build.

I have a few questions that I would like to seek advice on:

I found what I think is a pretty nice sceptre (+26% ele, 74% fire dmg) but it has +fire dmg to spells, thus I have not been using the orb of storms + flammability much. I don't really have any upgrade options at the moment so would it be better to temporarily spec out of Elemental Equilibrium until I can use it with no drawbacks? (e.g switching my ammy for a +lightning dmg one)

Secondly, what is the importance of going for Light of Divinity? As I understand it only affects Scorching Ray but not RF, so would it not be better to build towards Heart of Flame / Breath of Flames?

Thanks!
Hi there, thinking about trying this build but I was wondering is there a best in slot list for gear? I have some exalts I can spend and would like to know how to make maximize this build into a high budget build. Thanks in advance.
"
Hi there, thinking about trying this build but I was wondering is there a best in slot list for gear? I have some exalts I can spend and would like to know how to make maximize this build into a high budget build. Thanks in advance.

High budget build would be low life with Shavs
"
gdmusse wrote:
"

High budget build would be low life with Shavs
So it would be this build then?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1840270
"
gdmusse wrote:
So, I'm doing this build in Softcore, probably gonna go towards Breath of Flames for more Burning damage, anything else you would change?

I might hold off on Breath of Flames and go for an additional Jewel slot with the 2x 4% Elemental Damage nodes (near Holy Fire branching off of a +10 Int node).

Using ZiggyD's PoB data, the 3 Jewel node points have the following per-point impact on RF and SR.

* 4th Jewel + 2 x 4% Elemental Damage Nodes *
RF: +2.3% DPS per point
SR: +1.5% DPS per point

Total: +3.8% DPS per point

* Breath of Flames *

RF: +1.8% DPS per point
SR: +1.6% DPS per point

Total: +3.4% DPS per point

You can grab the 3 Jewel nodes and maintain ~209% Increased Life from Tree, but you'll have to drop down to ~179% Increased Life from Tree to get Breath of Flames to stay at 110 base passive points. But, the value of the Jewel spot also hinges entirely on getting a nice +DoT +Fire +Life combo.

Breath of Flames is absolutely more DPS overall, but it comes at a greater loss of % Life and is slightly less efficient point-for-point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info