[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

Anyone with highly optimized Gear that can post their gear?

This is what I've got so far wondering what to upgrade

IGN: LessBow
Last edited by Schn1tt3r on Aug 12, 2017, 3:04:55 AM
How are you guys playing this with Orb of storm + flamability/ Elemental equilibrium combo?

Cuz when i charge into a pack of mobs im already doing my Fire (RF) dmg and then its too late to drop my orb to make Elemental equilibrium work on my favor.

On bosses i can somehow make it work if i place orb infront of me and outside RF range.

Also i know im not perfectly geared, but once i have all the regen nodes on this tee how much mana/life regen do i need to sustain RF? For me right now it seem that if i dont use some mana regen rares and the unique belt (immortal flesh) im degenerating life instead of sustaining it.

*Note im dumb and i didnt go for the desacrate nodes into inquisitor first, that might be something to consider, since Pious Path gives mana regen when on top of desacrate grround.
"
EqualsAwesome wrote:
How are you guys playing this with Orb of storm + flamability/ Elemental equilibrium combo?

Cuz when i charge into a pack of mobs im already doing my Fire (RF) dmg and then its too late to drop my orb to make Elemental equilibrium work on my favor.

On bosses i can somehow make it work if i place orb infront of me and outside RF range.

You either:
- Shield Charge into easy packs: even with the +25% Fire resist from EQ the mobs will still melt to RF.
- Stand back facing hard packs/bosses: drop your Orb, wait for the Flamability curse icon to pop on their head and then you can start to channel SR, ideally in RF's range. You'll benefit of the few seconds of -50% Fire res of EQ that way (+ flamability). Even if the boss is not dead after that, you'll have the SR stacks on him and he'll melt even with the +25% Fire Resit.

"
EqualsAwesome wrote:

Also i know im not perfectly geared, but once i have all the regen nodes on this tee how much mana/life regen do i need to sustain RF? For me right now it seem that if i dont use some mana regen rares and the unique belt (immortal flesh) im degenerating life instead of sustaining it.

Check my gear, I don't have anything specific for life regen and I'm not degening life. Running Purity of Fire lvl 16+ (or even better at 20) helps a lot, provided that you've picked the proper life regen nodes of course.

Mana is a bit more complicated: you need 100% mana regen on your jewelry and maximum mana on the most amount of gear possible. Even with that I'm degening mana a little but Arcane surge on your Orb and Ralying Cry is more than enough to sustain mana in maps.
Atziri's Foible should help a lot regarding mana degen.

Of course, once you've done Uber Lab and have the Pious path mana regen thing, it should be much easier.

The best advice I can give you is to import your char into Path of Building: you'll be able to see exactly how much regen/degen you have during RF, and you'll see exactly the impact of switching a piece of gear.
"
EqualsAwesome wrote:

*Note im dumb and i didnt go for the desacrate nodes into inquisitor first, that might be something to consider, since Pious Path gives mana regen when on top of desacrate grround.

EE triggers when you hit. RF is a burn and so is scorching ray. They don't hit so they dont tigger elem equilibrium. The only time you hit is with shield charge. That is why having "adds cold/lightning damage" somewhere on your gear is very good (and having adds # - # fire damage is terrible).

As for the mana an life regen. That is something you will have to play around with. The more life you have the more mana it will consume.

You can make an excel spreadsheet for that.

you burn for 90% of your life so HP * 0.9 = damage you take

whatever damage you take you have then reduce it by the amount of fire resistance you have. I have 88% fire resist so that means I'd have to take my burning damage and reduce it by 88%

30% of that last number is how much your mana absorbs and that is how much mana per secon you should have.

Example. I have 6490 HP so I burn for 5841. My 88% resist brings that damage down to 700.92 and 30% of 700 is 210

I have 249 mana per second so lower regeneration maps or vulnerability cursed maps are manageable.

Also remember that Rallying Cry gives you mana regen

Also, it is always good to have dousing flask

In emergencies you consume that flask and you get your mana and hp regen going at full speed.
IGN: LessBow
Last edited by Schn1tt3r on Aug 12, 2017, 5:38:45 PM
For all those struggling to run RF, bear in mind you need +mana on gear and lots of +mana regent on rings/amulets. This makes all the difference when switching to RF initially.
Also I would recommend the "dousing" flask on Sulphur flask as your "oh shit". This drops your RF *and* ensures you have max life regen, massively increasing survival.
Righteous fire and scorch dont proc Elemental Equilibrium since they dont actually 'hit'
Thank you to the other people helping and answering questions!

Much appreciated as I already get 15 people a day + asking stuff ingame :D
ign: ropefly
New player here: Would Goldwyrm Nubuck Boots fit into this build? Has high mana regen and high fire res and is pretty cheap.
"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
Anyone with highly optimized Gear that can post their gear?

This is what I've got so far wondering what to upgrade

Any reason you use 2x rally'ing cry?
Also I would really use a faster attacks+fortify+shield charge setup it will improve your clearspeed by a lot.

As for gear improvements at this point it's min maxing / buying good jewels.
Save up and buy a Doryani's Catalyst if you haven't already

Also please note having 1 cold or 1 lightning damage is enough.
You don't need to stack extra cold/lightning dmg it won't make a difference.

"
Manta_Style wrote:
New player here: Would Goldwyrm Nubuck Boots fit into this build? Has high mana regen and high fire res and is pretty cheap.

It can be used for leveling or sustaining rf early on (not endgame) and has nice mana regen yeah.
I'll add it to the list!
ign: ropefly
Last edited by ropefly on Aug 12, 2017, 9:47:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info