[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

Could someone check my profile under character name "Jonnehhhh". If anyone could tell me what I can change or upgrade. I can sustain RF, but my regen is really slow and makes leveling very uncomfortable. Idk where else I can get Life Regen or even Mana Regen. I feel like I followed the guide properly...but yeah. Still feels uncomfortable to play for some reason.

Here's my PoB as well, if itll help with any advice you guys can come up with.

https://pastebin.com/2y8vrjWU[/quote]
"
ropefly wrote:
"
spend a bunch of chaos to get a 8759 increase in SR DoT,

Is that a 8789 inceases on stage 8 or stage 1 ? because each stage adds 60% more damage so the difference will be quite huge if you are comparing to stage one.

If you compare other builds their damage make sure the configuration is the same:
- "been hit by cold dmg" for EE damage
- curses + checkboxing the witchbrew flask
These difference make the numbers fly a lot

In terms of defences I would go for an essence worm as it adds a lot of mana (1 mana = 1 hp)

Wow, yeah, difference with the right parameters was huge. I'm getting 99.2k on the first stage and 571.3k on the eighth.

Any thoughts on doing Shaper? Killed the Minotaur and Phoenix quite easily already. Ripped 3 times to the Minotaur though, mainly because I had never done it and had no idea how the fight worked before going in. Want to use this build to try Shaper for the first time.

I'm kinda new to using Path of Building, so: is setting the "Is the enemy a Boss?" option to Shaper/Guardian a good way to know if I should attempt it or not? Getting 61.5k 1st/375.6k 8th stage with that option.
How does this build do late game, in higher tier maps and end bosses?
---
Last edited by obliviousBC on Mar 8, 2019, 9:55:10 AM
"
obliviousBC wrote:
So, with my current gear I'm at ~6k life and 2.5k mana without auras. Everything up to to T10 maps has been fine so far (as long as I don't get crazy modifiers), but the few red maps I tried gave me quite a hard time as soon as they had like one monster damage modifier.

Any tips on what to improve next? My current budget is about 200c. A 6L chest would obviously give the biggest damage boost (~45% according to PoB), but I'm not sure if saving up to 6L my current chest would be worth it. My Jewels are also pretty bad (which is why I didn't bother taking the sockets yet), but decent ones are like 50c a pop and the damage increase with three of those wouldn't even be that high (10%).

Using an Essence Worm helped a lot on harder maps. Mana regen for you probably won't be an issue, as your items are similar to mine(mana regen on amulet).

Just noticed, if you use pyre rings, the "40% of Cold Damage Converted to Fire Damage" mod converts flat cold damage to flat fire damage, making our elemental equilibrium against us
Hello, how much mana regen would you recommend ?

I have 134% Fire resist ( 88% max res ), 1974 / 2345 mana with auras ( using essence worm ).
I'm sitting at 256 mana regen atm, was wondering if it wasnt a bit too much ?

Thx
I'm definitely enjoying this build. I just hit 65 and made the swap to RF once i got the shield. I ran lab at the same points in the game as the OP here. My regen - degen is so close that if I actually take any damage, i'm unable to regen it, so I have to keep a close eye on my health/mana, but this is due to my shit gear. When I swapped to this shield, I lost 54% regen and I've yet to get any regen on my jewelry. My next steps are to start working more heavily on resists because since I hit act9, i finally feel the lack! Obviously I'll be looking for regen too.

To be honest, the few times where i've actually taken damage, i've been pretty surprised. I've been watching tv on my side monitor while I ran through the acts because this build (with pyre rings) has been so easy. shield bash around, blast some shit, run to next pack.. i've not run any maps yet, but I'm hoping the difficulty factor increases at that point.

I also took life before getting Holy fire (for some reason) so in 2 levels, i suspect the 20% and 60% boost will be quite nice.

My two jewels are: (i dont know how to link a jewel on the forums)
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Assassin%27s_Haste
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Survival_Secrets

My character sheet while standing in Highgate-Act9
Spoiler

Current Gear
Spoiler

Thanks for putting this together, I was getting annoyed having to start/pause ziggy's recording :)
Last edited by drizuid on Aug 27, 2017, 11:26:26 AM
So This is my current gear:
Spoiler

currently I'm on mid-tier maps. I have just under 5k life, 2.3k mana, and enough regen to sustain righteous fire (when clarity and PoF are up). What gear should I change as I transition to red maps?
Last edited by gutlesscoward on Aug 27, 2017, 1:05:54 PM
After a few more sessions vs high level content, I have to admit I was a bit too negative about Scorching Ray and the build in general. After making a handful of changes I've managed to complete almost also the content and am now farming T16 maps with close to 0% casualty rate heh!

A few things i've discovered that might be worth adding to the guide:

1) You can craft mana on ANY piece of gear via Catarina (not just hybrid ES) and it takes the spot of a less valuable prefix mod (+Armour or +Armour%). This allows you to be a lot more flexible with gear choices (and also AV and AV/EVA gear is directly better for a build that doesn't want energy shield). I squeezed out about 200 extra mana this way which really feels significant.

2) On the topic of mana, Essence worm (to hold your purity of fire) is essential in the endgame. Having 2k unreserved mana improves survivability a huge amount and you should also eventually aim to save for a L21 Purity of fire (for +1 max fire resistance cap).

3) Atziri's splendour (with + Life) is super strong for almost all content. The 100 Life/Mana on kill doesn't sound huge, but I tried running a Belly of the Beast instead and noticed a significant drop in sustain when running through tough packs. It also has low stat requirements which makes it easy to roll the colours you need. Seriously consider trying one as they pretty cheap in HSC (~10c unlinked).

4) Even in the mid to late game mana-regen is an issue especially once you start having to run -Max resist or reduced regen maps. As a result I'd definitely recommend siding with Alira for 5 Mana Regen and 15% all resist. The flat +5 mana regen if very significant even in the endgame (because it gets multiplied by all your +regen on gear/tree) and the + resists is never useless because it allows flexible choices elsewhere. Not having to run a mana flask again gives you a lot more flexibility with your utility/defensive flask options.

5) For endgame content, the +1 curse nodes make a really big difference to your damage/survivability. For trash clearing Flammability + Vulnerability allows you to walk through everything up to T15s with RF on, and being able to keep Enfeeble up on end-game bosses at all times (while still using witchfire mostly for +EV and Smoke) has improved my survival rate immensely.
ign: WesleyCau (Domination)
Last edited by WesleyCau on Aug 27, 2017, 4:43:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info