Arcane Surge

Cool trick is to swap to your off hand and cast immortal call with increased dur, efficacy. If you have charges the immortal call will also increase duration of arcane surge.
I use this setup:
- shaped gloves with Faster Casting
- Increased Duration
- Efficacy
- Flame Dash
- lvl 10 Arcane Surge

1 quick Flame Dash gives me nice Arcane Surge bonus for 8 seconds.
The wording on Arcane Surge skill description is inaccurate:

It should be "supported *spells* grant arcane surge", not "supported skills grant arcane surge".

The gem has the spell tag, but the description is very misleading. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working with my attack skill for the longest time.
"
Kroughfire wrote:
The gem has the spell tag, but the description is very misleading. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working with my attack skill for the longest time.

"Each supported spell will track how much mana you spend on it[..]"

First line of the description.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

First line of the description.

You're correct that the skill description does say this, but the numeric breakdown part says:
"Gain Arcane Surge when you spend XX mana with supported skills"

So without reading both descriptions, you wouldn't know that non-spells don't work to trigger it.

It's not a criticism; just that some players (including myself) only read the stat descriptions of skills because they believe they already know what most of the skills do. We might be in the wrong, but I don't see how changing the word "skill" to "spell" in the stat description would do anything other than improve clarity.
I for one do not think it would be a good change, because according to you it will only cause even more people to skip reading the description. Don't do that.
I have this setup on a shaped staff that has "socketed gems are supported by level 16 Arcane Surge" vaal blight-CWC-Contagion-ED-Swift Affliction.

Arcane Surge never triggers on this setup with the regular blight.
Looking at the letters tagged to the skills, it looks like Arcane Surge is tagged to vaal blight

Further testing shows that once I removed CWC support, Arcane Surge will trigger.

Intended or bug?
Last edited by spludgevan on Mar 13, 2019, 10:34:08 AM
I got a CwC Staff with Arcane Surge... Arcane Surge never triggers. I'm using Incinerate....

Is this a bug? I spent over 10 ex in that staff and it has arcane surge and cwc as mods. This needs to be fixed, what a buggy league.
IGN gubert
Hi does watcher eye buff grants you all benefits from linked high lvl arcane surge?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info