Arcane Surge not always supporting channeled skills

Any Channeled Skill + Arcane Surge + Active Skill X in the same links grants Arcane Surge while channeling.

Any Channeled Skill + Arcane Surge + Active Skill X + Cast while Channeling no longer grants Arcane Surge while channeling.

Any Channeled Skill + Arcane Surge + Cast while Channeling no longer grants Arcane Surge while channeling.

Tested with Storm Burst and Divine Ire on my leaguestarter. It seems like CwC is forcing the channeling skills themselves to be treated as triggers.

This is a new bug; I played CwC last league with a linked AS gem (Shaper staff) and it worked as one would expect.

Edit: The support gem indicator on the hotbar disappears as well.
Last edited by Nick30075 on Mar 9, 2019, 2:46:32 PM
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2019, 9:24:10 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I just got my hands on a staff with an Arcane Surge support. Socketing in a CwC support disables the Arcane Surge support.
I am currently (as of this league) unable to trigger Arcane Surge with ANY spell. I've tried with Storm Brand, Arc, and Lightning Spire Trap. I used this all last league with no problem and understand how it works, so it looks like there's an actual bug here.

Bug report reference number: 505,593,383
In your case, you're using EB so you're not spending any mana.

My case is different, a particular combination of support gems is disabling the Arcane Surge gem.
D'oh. Right you are. Thank you!
Same for me.

I have this setup on a shaped staff that has "socketed gems are supported by level 16 Arcane Surge" vaal blight-CWC-Contagion-ED-Swift Affliction.

Arcane Surge never triggers on this setup with the regular blight.
Looking at the letters tagged to the skills, it looks like Arcane Surge is tagged to vaal blight

Further testing shows that once I removed CWC support, Arcane Surge will trigger.

Intended or bug?
Hi!

This is related to the cast-while-channeling Spell Cascade issue that came up very recently. We're still looking into the matter. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks for the response =) good to know it's not intended to work that way.
Just going to put my bug thing here Spell Cascade is not working on Purifying Flame it look like SC is having a HO fit
"
Kyle_GGG wrote:
Hi!

This is related to the cast-while-channeling Spell Cascade issue that came up very recently. We're still looking into the matter. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Spell Cascade not working on Purifying Flame Is this a bug?

PS can you take off my first post I can't do it sorry
Last edited by jtbattledemon on Mar 14, 2019, 9:28:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info