Soul Tether

I have tried to combine Arakaalis Pantehon Power into my soul tether build and bloodrage. The "50% increased recovery of life and energy shield if you've stopped taking damage over time recently". Im using a build with roughly 5k life and 6k ES. When i activae bloodrage and kill a few mobs everything seems fine but sometimes the ES shoots up almost like instant leech. Im not sure if this is because of the increased recovery form Arakaali or if its something else.

I wonder when i reach full energy shield after leech effect if it triggers the second arakaali power although bloodrage is still running. But maybe bloodrage + big ES help helps to reproduce the "instant leech" bug. Also i think vaal pact is involved in some kind therefore id spec into vaal pact when trying to reproduce the bug.
Last edited by zzang on Aug 17, 2017, 5:31:06 AM
Hello Mark,

i made a record to reproduce the "almost" instant leech bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01sv2IpVoqs&feature=youtu.be

i also made a short gif from the video:

I apoligze for the bad quality. The Map mod was 60% less recovery for life and energy shield. I also removed Arakaali Pantheon power for this test to not interfere. This means technically i should regen 20%-5%*0.4 = 6%/second due to the map mod after those mechanics are applied right?

Its clearly visible in the video and the gif that im at almost instant leech mode for ES.
Personally i find it very interesting. The belt feels a lot better this way especially against hazardous mods like 60% les energy shield and life recovery but i understand that its probably a bug.

This behaviour is repeatable by using a skill like whirling blades on blood magic while a ES leech instance is active. Maybe ES regen is triggered this way i dont know but its there.

This also disproves the theory of kuddmann which says that Life leech per second is applied to ES because my ES is greater than my life pool.

Edit: Btw cant wait till corrupted energy bugfix is deployed.
Last edited by zzang on Aug 20, 2017, 5:01:01 AM
Also sometimes i feel that after this bug occurs the ES falls really fast even while damaging and leeching.
Thanks for the detailed reports and paitence. I've had time to investigate this further - I've now identified the bug and am working on a solution.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Thanks for the detailed reports and paitence. I've had time to investigate this further - I've now identified the bug and am working on a solution.

Id greatly appreciate if this fix is deployed with a fix to corrupted energy jewel.
Once it's fixed, I'd be curious to know the details on the cause.
"
Nickoladze wrote:
Once it's fixed, I'd be curious to know the details on the cause.

Me too. Although i will miss the near instant leech feature against guardians and high map tier bosses.
I think I've been able to figure out the behavior. After you leech ES to full, the leech instances are destroyed immediately (as they normally are). The problem is that Leech will not resume until you take damage from an external source. ES will continue to drain as you travel through packs untouched. I've been able to capture video footage that shows this effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzfLpvbxzRw

0:55 - I cyclone into a zombie pack, no leech occurs until I take external damage from the next porcupine pack

2:10 - I'm hitting multiple boss adds, but ES pool continues to drain until I get hit and immortal call procs. After which, leech resumes.

This issue becomes more apparent when you have a build that can dodge/evade. So to reproduce, I recommend testing a character with high evasion/grace.

---

The instant leech that other users are reporting might be a combination of this bug, plus some kind of desync. I've been able to capture that in another video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXbDIsEYMhs

0:15 - I kill a pack without being touched, but my ES continues to drain. At the 25 second mark, immortal call procs with no monsters around, and my ES jumps up.
Last edited by i3igpete on Sep 17, 2017, 10:15:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info