Soul Tether

Hi,

there seem to be a few problem with the new belt 'Soul Tether'. It doesn't seem to work in some areas (for example in Burial Chambers) and the application of leech seems to go crazy from time to time - as Berserker sometimes I get instant half ES refills which shouldn't happen with ghost reaver. Also, when turning on Righteous Fire it starts really going crazy when engaging monsters (ES bounces from 100% to 0% back and forth). Unfortunately, I can't really take videos on this pc...I play on cs 1.6 graphics most of the time since the update - btw.: that downscaling works like a gem...probably safed me a few times. Enough off topic, I'll try to gather more info about its behaviors.

Cheers
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2017, 10:01:18 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think I understand the behavior I observed now and this might be 'intended', I'm not sure though.

My theory goes like this: while the player is on full life, the leech rate is based on max energy shield. As soon as you loose some life, however, the leech rate will depend on your max life again. This normally wouldn't matter much but suppose you have been leeching ES and then loose some life while the leeched ES still refills - suddenly the leech rate of life will apply and, logically, if your life pool is much larger than your ES pool, it looks like your ES refills almost instantly. You can verify this easily by punching some monsters and, after they are dead and the ES is refilling, activate clarity (or whatever) on blood magic. Your ES refill will accelerate.

So I thought, maybe I can use that effect to get better life leech rates for the es and started using this jewel: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Corrupted_Energy. I then charged into a mob pack that had a chaos degen totem as support and died (almost) instantly - the degen seemed stronger than the shaper beam. So I tested this out and appearantly, only the combination of Soul Tether and Corrupted Energy makes one die that fast. So far, I have no idea why this happens. When just using either of the items on their own, everything is normal.

I took a video to illustrate that bug: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_05EmonD6YOZkkwY1VKZV9aSmM

Hope that helps
From my testing, it seems like you are correct in your max leech rate being based on life when not on full life and even if you have ES leech instances currently working. This isn't intended, but it is quite nice to have.

For your RF issue, it's probably because hitting full ES will make your ES leech instances get removed and then you will rapidly degenerate your ES due to RF. It looks really wacky, but that's just how leech instances work.

I'm sending a link to this thread to GGG in an email along with my feedback (This is my supporter-designed belt). That Corrupted Energy interaction should be fixed... I have no idea what's going on there.
"
kuddman wrote:
So I thought, maybe I can use that effect to get better life leech rates for the es and started using this jewel: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Corrupted_Energy. I then charged into a mob pack that had a chaos degen totem as support and died (almost) instantly - the degen seemed stronger than the shaper beam. So I tested this out and appearantly, only the combination of Soul Tether and Corrupted Energy makes one die that fast. So far, I have no idea why this happens. When just using either of the items on their own, everything is normal.

It looks like you only have 4 corrupted items without Soul Tether on and therefore the Corrupted Energy isn't active anymore, when you walk into the totem you don't take any damage to your ES. It could just be a bug with Corrupted Energy and not necessarily the combination of the two items.
I have not yet been able to reproduce any of this, but I can say for certain that this:
"
kuddman wrote:
My theory goes like this: while the player is on full life, the leech rate is based on max energy shield. As soon as you loose some life, however, the leech rate will depend on your max life again.
is not happening. Each instance of leech is calculated when the hit applies it, and cannot change beyond that point - percetnages of maximum life/es are only involved at the time of that calculation - each leech efect on the character just has a duration and a flat value of life, mana or es to recover per second, which can't be modified.

Loosing life while leeching ES with Soul Tether does nothing to existing leech instances that are recovering ES - they continue to recover ES based on the flat value that's stored in them, for their remaining duration.

Working out what's causing the things you're seeing is going to require that I can reproduce them locally, so anything you can tell me about the condidtions in which you see these behaviours would be appreciated.
Can you make a local copy of my Harbinger Berserker named AssBlastington? (yeah I know nice name right)

I can reproduce it pretty easily by:
Turning on Discipline for a larger ES sample
Walking into a large pack of enemies (you want to hit leech cap instantly, so like 20-30 enemies)
Abyssal Cry
Dark Pact
ES goes from 0 to 100 in less than 1 second

My understanding is the ES leech should be subject to the 20% rate cap, so this shouldn't be possible since I have no sources of increased max leech rate.
I'll also be using this combo (Corrupted Energy+Soul Tether) shortly, let's see if I get the same issue. O_o
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Bumping, and making my own bug thread momentarily. The issue isn't Soul Tether, this happens with Corrupted Energy and chaos degens in general (it seems).
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
As noted in the other thread, the issues with Corrupted energy multiplying Chaos DoT are specific to it's modifier, and do not depend on Soul Taker.

I have still not been able to replicate the unusial leech numbers being reported with Soul Tether, so work on this bug continues.
You haven't been able to reproduce it on my character either?
Should I figure out how to record a video? Will that help at all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info