Soul Tether

I have not yet been able to reproduce any of this, but I can say for certain that this:
"
kuddman wrote:
My theory goes like this: while the player is on full life, the leech rate is based on max energy shield. As soon as you loose some life, however, the leech rate will depend on your max life again.
is not happening. Each instance of leech is calculated when the hit applies it, and cannot change beyond that point - percetnages of maximum life/es are only involved at the time of that calculation - each leech efect on the character just has a duration and a flat value of life, mana or es to recover per second, which can't be modified.

Loosing life while leeching ES with Soul Tether does nothing to existing leech instances that are recovering ES - they continue to recover ES based on the flat value that's stored in them, for their remaining duration.

Working out what's causing the things you're seeing is going to require that I can reproduce them locally, so anything you can tell me about the condidtions in which you see these behaviours would be appreciated.
As noted in the other thread, the issues with Corrupted energy multiplying Chaos DoT are specific to it's modifier, and do not depend on Soul Taker.

I have still not been able to replicate the unusial leech numbers being reported with Soul Tether, so work on this bug continues.
Thanks for the detailed reports and paitence. I've had time to investigate this further - I've now identified the bug and am working on a solution.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info