Constant disconnects when loading zones

I too am once again experiencing this issue. I'm guaranteed to dc on my first login attempt, which use to be irrelevant until these ques. I'm then left in suspense EVERY time I try to change zones. This is the 3rd or 4th league in a row for this and I've quit every single one because nobody can seem to get an answer. Was pretty upset when it did it on my first attempt to enter a safe house from my hideout, I wasn't sure if i'd lose the whole thing or not. I've had this problem on both steam and the standalone client, and on 3 different ISPs. I'm at my wits end at this point, not a single other game I own does this or hasn't been resolved through opening ports or other basic solutions.
same problem here. i used the noasync and game ran fine for a while. then patch launched and it takes a few tries to log in. that would be acceptable but i keep disconnecting after running through large maps, so i have to run all the way through it again.

i'm actually spending more time trying to log in, and re-running the same maps because i disconnect at the next waypoint

last night i tried noasync and played all night with 0 disconnects. today i log back on and it's worse than ever. i've been on the same quest all day because i disconnect at the same spot every time

i really enjoy this game, and would like to invest some time and money in it. but that just wouldn't make sense if i can't progress and stay logged in for a reasonable amount of time
That's part of what irritates me is I had already bought two supporter packs before this problem began. I had planned to continue if the game kept getting better, which it did, but alas my problem did not. My money spent dwindled quickly to nothing when it became unplayable. I'm currently working through some new fixes I've stumbled upon and will report back with any positive results.
one more.
Getting disconnected every 2 or 3 zones.
me too! i lost so many maps/uber try!
It's definitely better since the 3.5.0b hotfix, but I'm still getting it, too. (Just not as often.) I thought it was happening when guildies are on, but I got it once this morning when nobody else was on.

64-bit client, dx9E, windowed mode. It seems to happen less when I don't alt-tab.
Having crashes since betrayal release, I thought today's patch would fix that so I've waited.

I log in today after work, having one or two hours to spare. I had not even left town, the game crashed after 10min or so.

No error message, nothing in logs.

I keep coming back to this game but everytime something makes me want to quit for good (although I was really enjoying the few hours in between crashes so far).
Whether it is the absurdity of the Lab (getting one shot outta nowhere) or the cons while trading, now this.
Guess that's another sign.

A disapointed diablo player and now future ex-Poe player.

EDIT: Tried everything: uninstall from Steam, playing from POE launcher
multithread On and Off
DX9/DX11
max FPS30/60
No chrome tabs open
Full screen/windowed
and so forth ... never had any issue with any game
Last edited by Psykeee on Dec 10, 2018, 12:23:10 PM
up
"
LilyChan88 wrote:
I too am once again experiencing this issue. I'm guaranteed to dc on my first login attempt, which use to be irrelevant until these ques. I'm then left in suspense EVERY time I try to change zones. This is the 3rd or 4th league in a row for this and I've quit every single one because nobody can seem to get an answer. Was pretty upset when it did it on my first attempt to enter a safe house from my hideout, I wasn't sure if i'd lose the whole thing or not. I've had this problem on both steam and the standalone client, and on 3 different ISPs. I'm at my wits end at this point, not a single other game I own does this or hasn't been resolved through opening ports or other basic solutions.

Have you, and other people here, tried to use the --noasync in the shortcut?
There is this line in the properties of the shortcut saying path/goal (no english OS)[That line which says where the file to execute is]. After that last " press spacebar and add
--noasync
IF this is the cause of your problem, it will increase the load time of zones but it wont crash anymore.

Try it out if you havent before. Worked for me at least and several other people i suggested this option to.

For me personally this error was introduced when they started to use the option to load data from the HDD asyncronous ( 4 or more leagues ago ). For the majority of players this meant heavily reduced loading times. For me it was the start of trying to log in several times before i got in and hoping that i would not get kicked out at zone transitions because my HDD does not support this option properly (apparently). After using the above mentioned parameter i was not ONCE kicked out while loading.

"
elhigg86 wrote:
last night i tried noasync and played all night with 0 disconnects. today i log back on and it's worse than ever. i've been on the same quest all day because i disconnect at the same spot every time

The parameter is still in your shortcut?
Last edited by Boredom111 on Dec 10, 2018, 8:28:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info