Constant disconnects when loading zones

"
LordXerox wrote:
Hello guys,
MANAGE TO FIX THIS

. Had issues between instances. Crashed almost 50% times. I was using game via STEAM. Switched to classic client and let POE support team to delete my old client and connected account from stem to my email instead. So double check if there i no other account connected to you Steam email and switch to normal account. It took me 5 days of troubleshooting to came up with this solution

I don't use STEAM and I'm still having this problem. It appears that this problem has been going on for a very long time so I think I'll just move on to another game.
Hey, there seems to be quite a party here, i'll join then.

Been having this problem for ages, switching to noasync somehow fixed it but with incredibly long loading times.
I tried without one week ago and that damned bug returned, but it seems to disconnect only when there are many elements to load ( town, clustered hideout or maps ... )

I looked at the client log back then and there was something strange : while the loading screen freezes, the client is connected to the game as you can see the chat log and players talking ... But then after failing to load something or timeouting i guess, let's go back to login screen

And if i try to reconnect, given the zone is loaded i log in within seconds ...

Hope it might help.
"
My friend fixed his by deleting two shader folders and adding --waitforpreload (not sure if needed).

And even if you don't have the problem, 'cause I didn't, it still helps. Lowered my initial load time from ~2minutes to 10 seconds.

Really unbelievable that the issue still exists.

EDIT: The two folders are CachedHLSLShaders and ShaderCacheD3D11 btw.

Thx man!
Works for me. I'm using DX9EX. I didn't add "--waitforpreload".
Now the game is playable. I'm still having problems after logging in and choosing char (one or two discs.), but i can play with no problems and enter town by portal without prayers ;) Loading time has decreased firmly.
U are my hero.

Btw. If someone want to try this solution. Make backup of those folders before u delete them.
THIS WORKED FOR ME.

short version; switch to 32 bit instead of 64 bit.

Like most of you, these loading screens and disconnections have been an issue.

However, after reading the posts about shortcuts (which i never used due to never having any performance issues with this game) i looked into my library and found teh holee 32-bit exe file for POE.

IMPORTANT: USE THE 32BIT "PathOfExileSteam.exe" file in your (default) steam/steamapps/common/pathofexile library as your shortcut or manually execute "PathOfExileSteam.exe"

Like said earlier; This worked for me (reducing load time and frequent crashes, I dont even have to relog while trying to enter the game intitally

Hope this helps, since i've struggled with this problem for 2 leagues as i recall, never been an issue in past leagues on the same computer and i have found absolutely no reply from GGG that adresses this issue with any palpable solutions..... like switching from 64-bit to 32-bit has been for me.... absurd....

Praise it, but fuck you GGG XD
Last edited by Morbituary on Jun 17, 2018, 11:13:23 PM
"
Morbituary wrote:
THIS WORKED FOR ME.

short version; switch to 32 bit instead of 64 bit.

Like most of you, these loading screens and disconnections have been an issue.

However, after reading the posts about shortcuts (which i never used due to never having any performance issues with this game) i looked into my library and found teh holee 32-bit exe file for POE.

IMPORTANT: USE THE 32BIT "PathOfExileSteam.exe" file in your (default) steam/steamapps/common/pathofexile library as your shortcut or manually execute "PathOfExileSteam.exe"

Like said earlier; This worked for me (reducing load time and frequent crashes, I dont even have to relog while trying to enter the game intitally

Hope this helps, since i've struggled with this problem for 2 leagues as i recall, never been an issue in past leagues on the same computer and i have found absolutely no reply from GGG that adresses this issue with any palpable solutions..... like switching from 64-bit to 32-bit has been for me.... absurd....

Praise it, but fuck you GGG XD

Thank you man! Running the game in dx 9 fixed everything.

For anyone else go to options>Graphics>DirectX Version 9

I have no dc's now, nothing.
"
Ruzsters wrote:
I am now part of this crowd.

Since 3.3 I WILL disconnect from instances, or more often fail to join instances every other instance. Regardless if it's from a TP or waypoint.

It's a point where the game is unplayable, which is a damn shame.

And I know for sure it's not my PC or connection.
I have 3 high-end gaming rigs, and a gaming laptop. I have tried playing on every machine, and connecting to multiple servers, from multiple servers literally around the world.

Regardless if I'm playing from Los Angeles, Santiago (CL), or Seoul, the game WILL not work.

It makes it a real shame that I've spent almost $4k on the game and can't play. And likely won't anymore.

Same, game was nearly unplayable. I changed to directx9 instead of 11, and predictive mode instead of lockstep. less disconnects for sure, but game looks choppy so not a great fix.

On a side note, it took me at least a week to find these suggestions. Most of the people who post often and try to "help" will immediately tell you it is your ISP even though there are dozens of threads from many different people with these disconnect problems, and they run every other game and app with no problems.
Same problem, tried everything, nothing works. I'm done with poe until this is fixed, it takes around 5 minutes to get into a map. Unlike the joke posts on reddit, this actually makes the game unplayable.
Good evening,

I have had terrible login problems since the start of the Incursion League blasted me back to POE. I need at least 3-5 attempts each time to get into the game, and then I have problems entering maps each time. I always lose at least one map portal because the game returns to the login screen, which is very annoying if I want to go to the lab, for example. When I enter the Atzoatl Temple I always lose 1 portal through a logout back to the main menu. At the beginning I could live with it but meanwhile I'm really only fucked up when I log in... By the way, the problems only occur at the beginning, if the game runs at some point I have no logouts anymore, except at Atzoatl Temple. There the problem occurs every time!

I don't think it's a hardware problem because I have a relatively powerful PC with a lot of power and I don't have any such problems with other games. Don't misunderstand me, i love POE and have been playing it for years but now it just sucks to come into play... It would be great if GGG takes care of the problem!
Last edited by stampeete on Jul 20, 2018, 6:22:58 PM
me too cannot enter way points
Same message but it happens every first time i try to get into game, after that there's no issue, if i close the game for a while and enter after an hour maybe, it happens again, and on second try it loads perfectly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info