Constant disconnects when loading zones

"
Weaz wrote:
I re-installed the game fella, meaning no cache.. It really is just random luck how much time you spend in game atm. I have also never not played the game on anything other than an SSD.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name WEAZLE-PCI7
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU SKU
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4008 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3201, 12/27/2016
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.16299.98"
User Name Weazle-PCI7\Weazle
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 12.8 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 14.4 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 67 | 67 | 1 | 8 | 86 | 3 |
| No response from host - 100 | 13 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
|lutn-core-2a-xe-031-0.network.virginmedia.net - 0 | 67 | 67 | 11 | 22 | 102 | 13 |
|lutn-core-2b-ae1-0.network.virginmedia.net - 0 | 67 | 67 | 12 | 24 | 102 | 18 |
| No response from host - 100 | 13 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| tcl5-ic-6-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net - 0 | 67 | 67 | 13 | 26 | 104 | 15 |
| be20.asr01.thn.as20860.net - 0 | 67 | 67 | 16 | 27 | 102 | 19 |
| po111.net1.north.dc5.as20860.net - 0 | 67 | 67 | 15 | 30 | 105 | 15 |
| 1717.g1.1ug.dc5.as20860.net - 4 | 59 | 57 | 18 | 30 | 108 | 23 |
| 109.169.19.133 - 0 | 67 | 67 | 18 | 28 | 106 | 20 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

I really should not struggle loading the game or as highlighted staying in it :P

Are you sure, the documents folder of POE was deleted in the process? Most games do not delete document files when de-installed.
friend of mine has a real crappy computer but was able to play before 3.0 with occasional hiccups.

since the release of 3.0 he permanently (70% of the time) gets kicked from the server (frankfurt mostly) when logging in and in around half of zone transistions.

my guess is that there is some timeout which the server runs into when the client isn't able to load the new assets and send data which ggg must have shortened (or loading assets now takes longer).

he says that the initial load takes him around 30 seconds while entering new instances can take up to 20 seconds.

funny thing is that i can predict him being kicked on zone transactions cause i get the disconnection message in the social screen while he is still hopeful that the client finishes loading the new area :-)

he also says that the overal performance of the game seems to be much lower.
"
Ygidua wrote:
Here is something that you can try. It improved the situation on my end.

Go to your documents folder, there you will find the location of POE´s dumpster folder. In said folder called "Path of Exile", you will find three additional folders.

DailyDealCache
Minimap
MOTDCache

Delete all three of them. They are leftovers from MTX sales, previously visited maps (including removed content)and gifs, that show up when you log on. The game will just create new folders and save new files in them.

My guess is, that while loading a map, the game is forced to go through each single file first and this takes a long time on non SSD´s. If some files are corrupt because the content is no longer supported by the client, you might DC.

I would also advice to remove all old item filters and just keep the one you are using now. I have neversink strict and semi strict in use.

This procedure has helped me in such a way, that I can even log into the game now on first try, without three or four DC´s. This might still change, however, when the prime time starts, as then I always had the most DC´s.

Sadly, this does not fix the client crash, something that has happened to me since 3.1. was introduced.

Try it out, maybe it helps.

Tried it, but didn't worked. I think it got even worse.
"
Sixtysan wrote:
"
Ygidua wrote:
Here is something that you can try. It improved the situation on my end.

Go to your documents folder, there you will find the location of POE´s dumpster folder. In said folder called "Path of Exile", you will find three additional folders.

DailyDealCache
Minimap
MOTDCache

Delete all three of them. They are leftovers from MTX sales, previously visited maps (including removed content)and gifs, that show up when you log on. The game will just create new folders and save new files in them.

My guess is, that while loading a map, the game is forced to go through each single file first and this takes a long time on non SSD´s. If some files are corrupt because the content is no longer supported by the client, you might DC.

I would also advice to remove all old item filters and just keep the one you are using now. I have neversink strict and semi strict in use.

This procedure has helped me in such a way, that I can even log into the game now on first try, without three or four DC´s. This might still change, however, when the prime time starts, as then I always had the most DC´s.

Sadly, this does not fix the client crash, something that has happened to me since 3.1. was introduced.

Try it out, maybe it helps.

Tried it, but didn't worked. I think it got even worse.

Ya it´s prime time now, playing then is just not possible. :( Took me three tries now, to get into the game again.

I honestly wonder how many more idea´s we players must come up with, until GGG finally responds to this. Seriously, 20 years of gaming and not once, was a developer so quiet about problems with their game.

Do they not have any customer support or why is there no help? I am just speechless.
This is what is going to make me quit this lovely game.

I've endured 100s of crashes("disconnections") whilst loading zones and always when loading towns. I've not seen a single reply from any support. Quite pathetic ;/

Good game, horrible client. Gg, ggg.
All i wish for Christmas is for fewer disconnects. Please GGG i want to spend $$ on this awesome game but the DCs and laggs make the game unplayable if i even get to load into the game.

The disconnect prayer:
Oh heavenly RNGesus hallowed be thy name, thy will be done, thy atlas come. Though i walk through the valley of deathconnects, i fear not the dcs for you are with me. Amen.
Last edited by gunstriken on Dec 23, 2017, 8:41:46 AM
Born in spikes - will die in lags.
low tier map, white creeps, no mods, and R.I.P. my Jugg lol.
Last edited by ksandr_voin on Dec 25, 2017, 12:14:03 PM
This game is LITERALLY unplayable, i keep getting logged out every single time i go through a loading screen. Why keep adding new content when your game doesnt work on a basic level?!?!? Really frustrating, every single time i reinstall POE there is ALWAYS some problems, not once in my life has POE worked great but this logout bullcrap is crossing the line. About to uninstall and forget about this game.
Im having serious issues. Ive lost like 4 t15 maps today due to this... Friends can enter the map but I get a error msg in the loading screen and the game crashes. Is there any fix coming soon?
Not point in playing this game when the devs do not give a crap anymore about performance and bugs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info