Constant disconnects when loading zones

Really wish I could do lab, can't even get into the 2nd room. Still waiting on that comment GGG.

I do like how they kick me out to the login screen every 5 minutes to tease me with the stash tab sale that I can't safely take advantage of.
Last edited by IbullletI on Sep 2, 2017, 1:57:38 AM
Oh i feel all of you guys. Same issue, the game is unplayable. I gave up after disconnecting from the lab. I just can't have fun with the game anymore. Still hope GGG are looking into it.
Is the game having problems? Who knows cause I can't get on it to find out! (Not quite that bad but at times it's close).

ok an update

after i emailed tech support back after they asked me questions i have not heard anything in about a week or 2....judging by the fact this is 60 pages now and i dont see them responding means they either dont care or they arent paying attention
I too have been getting constant disconnects. I get random kicks out failed to login, and just now I put a map in the map device and it threw out a portal authentication error, wasted my fucking map.

Giant fucking waste of time right now. Losing too many portals.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
I don't remember having any issues only until I updated my video card drivers. I may try and roll them back and see what happens.

Otherwise, its the same issues as reported here. Loading in and dropped back to main screen to login again. I can get in with about 5-9 different map instances before it crashes. If I jump back into the game again itll last for about 9-12 different map instances before crashing again.

I got two errors, and one very strange problem which makes me think this is a video card driver issue. The first error was "Couldn't load texture trees" when I was back in Act 2. Relogged and everything worked fine. Second error was "Out of memory" during act 4. My system has 16gb of ram with 4gb of video memory.

The very strange problem was at the second map instance it took an extremely long time to load but it did get through. Only the enemies were invisible and a lot of the powers casted too. When I went back to town to check on my inventory and stash they had invisible boxes with no pictures on them. So I couldn't see what mats I had, skills they were, and items I had on. Everything was not showing up. A restart on the game and everything was fine.
Hi,

I just want to add my data to this heavily reported problem.

Since 3.0 game is really hard to play because of technical problems, especially during campaign. Almost each time I change zone (sometimes every 2-3 zones) I got very long loading time finished with "An unexpected disconnection occurred" & return to login screen.

After reaching maps endgame, I'd like to share my observation on this problem, because it varies depends on the zone type.

- It is very frequent during Acts playthrough. Sometimes EACH new zone I enter resulting with "An unexpected disconnection occurred" & return to login screen, sometimes I'm able to do 2-3 zones before it happens. Levelling, because of that, was real pain, tears & a lot of swearing...

- It also happen to act cities zones.

- It basically does not happen in small areas: Vaal zones, Masters missions zones.

- It is very rare (fortunately) in case of endgame Maps. But even now, in endgame, start playing is still pain & multiple minutes of "unexpected disconnects" & long wait times until finally game is working +/- smoothly. Please see "Test procedure" below for details.

And just want to add: I play since almost closed beta (not regularly) as semi-casual, played multiple characters & 3 times hitting 80+ levels on Challenge Leagues.
I generally love your game, great content, very deep (possibly even too deep if you have a job & life xD), especially after 3.0 release. I also bought multiple times premium stash tabs to support your game. As I die-hard fan of Diablo franchise (hundred of hours in D2 & D3), I must admit that your game is beating them in many aspects - but not in terms of technical issues :-(

"Test procedure":

This is how game behaves from the start (just after turning on PC). All logs attached are related to this one procedure run.

1. I start the game (32-bit client in this case).
2. Login menu appears
3. After login character menu appears
4. [PROBLEM] After selecting character & entering game, frequently I also receive "Your authentication for instance transfer was invalid." - see logs. It causes back to Login screen, but is not a big deal, because it is responding quite quickly.
5. I try again select character & enter game. I'm entering last city, f.ex. Highgate.
6. [PROBLEM] After long wait time on Highgate zone loading screen, I receive "An unexpected disconnection occurred" & return to login screen.
7. [PROBLEM] Try again, sometimes in this step I sucessfully enter town, but sometimes (as in this case, see logs), second try is the same result as step above.
8. On third try I sucessfully enter Highgate town.
9. I go to waypoint & enter Hideout.
10. [PROBLEM] The same. After long loading screen on Hideout, "An unexpected disconnection occurred" & return to login screen.
11. Retry. Sucessfull Highgate town enter & sucessfull waypoint Hideout enter.
12. Now I can play maps & enter other players hideouts without any problem for some time (1-2-3 hours, or immediately if I want to enter some campaign zone). Then upon entering new zone/map: got again "An unexpected disconnection occurred", & situation is looking again the same as step 2. on this list... And the whole "not-fun" is again...

Report resources:

- WinMTR: https://pastebin.com/5r4JQUMn
From the whole "test procedure". Looks fine

- Client.txt logs: https://pastebin.com/TqWK2tJE
From the whole "test procedure".

- DxDiag: https://pastebin.com/7J0KdrFw
Unfortunately (due to double graphic card laptop) not 100% accurate, graphic card in DxDiag is integrated one, real one used is shown in POE Options image below

- Path of Exile options: https://imgur.com/a/yNGCM
All to minimum. I tried different settings (Dx11, Multithreading etc.), with the same result. This is just the setting that I hope will have less frequent disconnects.

- PC & PoE performance: https://imgur.com/a/u9169
This is when the game is finally +/- stable after "test procedure.

- My Internet provider is fine, standard cable (ASDL) connection, does not have problems with any other services/games/applications.

- Drivers installation, fresh game installation, etc. - all of that usual steps done, without any effect

- I run standalone client (not Steam), without any run arguments (tried --nopreload without any effect)
Last edited by Horuss on Sep 3, 2017, 8:13:43 AM
"
Horuss wrote:
Hi,

I just want to add my data to this heavily reported problem.

Since 3.0 game is really hard to play because of technical problems, especially during campaign. Almost each time I change zone (sometimes every 2-3 zones) I got very long loading time finished with "An unexpected disconnection occurred" & return to login screen.

After reaching maps endgame, I'd like to share my observation on this problem, because it varies depends on the zone type.

I had the same issues you described. You should try to run the game from a different drive or at least from a different folder. It doesn't matter if the drive is slower than your current one. Having the standalone version, you can just copy the game folder easily and experiment with it.
Daily reminder that GGG cares more about their SALES than their game or players by releasing supporter packs instead of responding to this thread despite the fact that this thread has over 60 pages of problems now.
Why should GGG care about our problems.

One reason is sales. I want to buy more stuff including microtransactions in terms of outfit etc. I also need more stash tabs and really want this particular pet but but but the game unplayable.

Needless to say I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM GGG UNTIL THIS GETS FIXED AND I CAN PLAY AGAIN.

Hey GGG, I AM NOT BUYING ANYTHING FROM YOU UNTIL THIS HORRIBLE PROBLEM WITH MY FAVORITE GAME IS FIXED.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info