[3.3] BloodFlurry (18+ mill dps), Instant Leech, Inc. Hardcore Version (Elder/Shaper/Guardians/Uber)

"
pera00vr wrote:
I blindly followed build and even I am still gearing I can't to rare maps. I blow up bosses instantly but can't deal with trash.
I mean those kaom roots are killing me, no evasion, like 15% dmg reduction without flask and when I pop flask they get knocked back or die and I end up hitting nothing and get hit by every fucking ranged monster. Side note my pc is kind of old so it lags sometime on fights with high density mobs but again
I played like 5 hours yesterday and got one level barely by doing blue maps at the end. And OP posted guide like 2 days into the league with all gear and stuff. Dunno guess this game is not for me.

Any advice for general mapping ? I had no problems with vaal pact bow builds but this one...

Partly gear, partly play: For mapping try whirling close, then whirl through the pack and attack the group while they are facing the other way - anyone ranged will have to finish their attack before turning on you. Have fortify and something else (I'm using maim) on your whirling blades to give that defense boost and whatever else you need. For bosses, charging up to the 6th stage, releasing, then whirling to a new spot works wonders too, trash groups usually die in one go though. Porcupine Goliaths still hurt somehow even with Immortal Call/CWDT so be careful there.

For the gear, I'm spamming my fusing on a brass dome to get that armor rating up without having to use a different flask like Basalt or Granite to make up the defense - a different chest may help you too. Try dropping some damage for defenses in your gear or even your links to boost survivability - a dead exile does no damage!
Last edited by SynCerritus on Oct 24, 2017, 12:04:31 PM
"
pera00vr wrote:
I blindly followed build and even I am still gearing I can't to rare maps. I blow up bosses instantly but can't deal with trash.
I mean those kaom roots are killing me, no evasion, like 15% dmg reduction without flask and when I pop flask they get knocked back or die and I end up hitting nothing and get hit by every fucking ranged monster. Side note my pc is kind of old so it lags sometime on fights with high density mobs but again
I played like 5 hours yesterday and got one level barely by doing blue maps at the end. And OP posted guide like 2 days into the league with all gear and stuff. Dunno guess this game is not for me.

Any advice for general mapping ? I had no problems with vaal pact bow builds but this one...

Can you please post the pastebin for your character? This way I can take a look at all the gear/tree...etc and better help you.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Thanks OP for the amazing build. After spending a week building my own char, I can say this is a very reliable boss killer. I'm building it for boss fight (use a HH arc speed runner for map clearing before boss). At the moment my character is only 74 with 2 missing Ascendancy points but is already evaporating tier 11 bosses.

I've made some changes to the tree and gear selection, I hope OP would take a look:

https://pastebin.com/88qTqeXE (one jewel slot still open)

DPS: 7M+ shaper damage

Defensive stats:
-4.4k life;
-83% melee/range avoid chance (with acrobat, assume lvl 84 shaper accuracy), 30% spell dodge;
-57% physical hit taken (this is with 5000 damage from shaper, mitigate with LC/Arctic armour/ToH/fortify, with Abyssus)

These are all real gears, total cost 10ex (3ex ring, 3ex lightning coil and 1.5ex ring, plus other pieces 1-50C, excluding 2.6 legacy flasks).

Some notable changes:
-Change Acendancy from Necro to slayer;
-Shaper's touch with cast on crit (charged dash+frost wall+frost bomb+fortify) provides movement and low frequency skill proc/buff;
-Link CWDT with BV+PCOC+blind provide reliable power charge and blinding;
-No vaal haste since I'm only logging in this char for boss fight;
-Rare boot and belt to make up for resist and life;
-Two intuitive leap jewels used. After doing the math, top right Leap Jewel provides an absolute gain (vs a GG rare jewel) and only a 4-affixed GG rare jewel can give minor improvement over the bottom right Leap jewel;
-Swap herald of ash to arctic armour.

Boss fight is simplified to: 1. totem; 2. dash charge towards boss; 3. flurry. I feel like this is overall is very balanced and practical derivative from your original build.
"
alexh1985 wrote:
Thanks OP for the amazing build. After spending a week building my own char, I can say this is a very reliable boss killer. I'm building it for boss fight (use a HH arc speed runner for map clearing before boss). At the moment my character is only 74 with 2 missing Ascendancy points but is already evaporating tier 11 bosses.

I've made some changes to the tree and gear selection, I hope OP would take a look:

Defensive stats:
-4.4k life;
-83% melee/range avoid chance (with acrobat, assume lvl 84 shaper accuracy), 30% spell dodge;
-57% physical hit taken (this is with 5000 damage from shaper, mitigate with LC/Arctic armour/ToH/fortify, with Abyssus)

These are all real gears, total cost 10ex (3ex ring, 3ex lightning coil and 1.5ex ring, plus other pieces 1-50C, excluding 2.6 legacy flasks).

Some notable changes:
-Shaper's touch with cast on crit (charged dash+frost wall+frost bomb+fortify) provides movement and low frequency skill proc/buff;
-Two intuitive leap jewels used. After doing the math, top right Leap Jewel provides an absolute gain (vs a GG rare jewel) and only a 4-affixed GG rare jewel can give minor improvement over the bottom right Leap jewel;

Boss fight is simplified to: 1. totem; 2. dash charge towards boss; 3. flurry. I feel like this is overall is very balanced and practical derivative from your original build.

Looking good my friend. This looks more like the tanky DPS version of build (which focuses more on defense than offense). You noted that you changed ascendancy from Necro to Slayer. However, the build uses Elementalist. I'm wondering why you would choose slayer over elementalist? It would make sense if it was a pure physical damage build, but it's mostly elemental damage and thus the reason for going Elementalist in the first place. Other than that, I like that you made your own changes it promotes variety!
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Nov 2, 2017, 10:58:14 AM
"
"
alexh1985 wrote:

Defensive stats:
-4.4k life;

Some notable changes:

Looking good my friend. This looks more like the tanky DPS version of build (which focuses more on defense than offense). You noted that you changed ascendancy from Necro to Slayer. However, the build uses Elementalist. I'm wondering why you would choose slayer over elementalist? It would make sense if it was a pure physical damage build, but it's mostly elemental damage and thus the reason for going Elementalist in the first place. Other than that, I like that you made your own changes it promotes variety!

Thanks OP. I felt the slayer leech is more superior than Vaal Pact, plus the +20 Str from slayer is useful to my gear. If I switch to elementalist I will have about the same DPS (on paper, not sure if PoB accounts for 2nd golem damage), but need to invest additional 4 points (1 point in +30 Str, 3 points to reach Vaal Pact). I would love to switch to elemental immunity if I eventually decide to get an Acurity glove.

I'm able to map with this build now, just swapped Conc Effect with PCoC, quite fun and safe.
Hey OP, do i need to search for high pDPS claw or just DPS? It is btter to buy 320eDPS + 80pDPS rare or simply Touch of Anguish?
"
DoVucker wrote:
Hey OP, do i need to search for high pDPS claw or just DPS? It is btter to buy 320eDPS + 80pDPS rare or simply Touch of Anguish?

You want to focus on PDPS because we scale everything from physical damage.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Bladeflurry has some serious balance issues.
I took the 50m DPS version, deleted all the top tier rares without exchanging it for any other item and the damage is still 20 million. And that would be pretty budged friendly if you play a moderate amount of time. Anyways, nice guide! :) In the meantime, i try to make all the useless skills work...

This is what I call an awesome guide. Since I'm kinda new in PoE so pointing all, yes ALL steps from the very beginning like from level 1 helps ALOT, not like other builds, which are probably good and for people who know this game more than new players is ok, but here we don't need to struggle where or how or when pick what gem/weapon on what lvl. You just have to follow and you will be fine. I like it!

By the way, is that build race (this ones which gonna come Turmoil and Mayhem) viable? Asking, because I know it's gonna be harder like you can't open trade page and buy needing gear :p
I like to summon things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
IGN: @Dosarphic
Last edited by Dosarphic on Nov 6, 2017, 10:18:51 AM
"
Dosarphic wrote:
This is what I call an awesome guide. Since I'm kinda new in PoE so pointing all, yes ALL steps from the very beginning like from level 1 helps ALOT, not like other builds, which are probably good and for people who know this game more than new players is ok, but here we don't need to struggle where or how or when pick what gem/weapon on what lvl. You just have to follow and you will be fine. I like it!

By the way, is that build race (this ones which gonna come Turmoil and Mayhem) viable? Asking, because I know it's gonna be harder like you can't open trade page and buy needing gear :p

Thank you for your kind words. In regard to the question if the build is race viable, I would suggest sticking with a ranged character and focus on map-clear speed instead of end-game boss builds. A perfect example would be to play a ranged (scion if i may suggest) tornado shot build which would clear maps faster than blade flurry.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info