[3.0] Self-Cast Dark Pact Occultist - over 3mil Shaper DPS

"
Omnivon wrote:
I see you have 4 jewel slots, but i dont see you linking any jewels, so what kind of jewels do this build uses?

In order of Priority for each mod:

Maximum Life is paramount!!!

Prefixes: (hope to get at least 1 of these, ideally 2)
7% increased Maximum Life (5-7%)
16% increased Spell Damage while Dual Wielding (14-16%)
13% increased Chaos Damage (9-13%)
5% increased Cast Speed while Dual Wielding (3-5%)

Suffixes: (hope to get at least 1 of these, ideally 2)
15% to Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells (12 - 15%)
12% increased Area Damage (10-12%)
14% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells (10-14%)
4% increased Cast Speed (2-4%)
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Aug 14, 2017, 4:41:01 PM
"
Getsu23 wrote:
hi i ask again :) maybe my english isnt that good so i´m just a nap at PoE and my question was just if you got an order like:

normal lab - Void Beacon
cruel lab - Forbidden Power
Merc lab - wicked ward
Uber lab - vile bastion

its just for me and info that i can focus on something i cant use my brain for something like that :)

Guide says this

"
So this is variable and depends on some decisions you make.

If you choose to use Soul Tether Cloth Belt do not go Wicked Ward -> Vile Bastion (they don't work together well). Instead go for 2nd curse from Profane Bloom & Malediction. You can then drop the Doedre's Ring (it's really a crap ring in all stats except we need it early for 2nd curse) and get quality ring.

If you have a good +1 curse corrupted amulet then go for Wicked Ward -> Vile Bastion with good ES gear for heavy ES defense. If you are fine with going end-game with Doedre's Ring same stands (although you have the option to take just Profane Bloom and then at uber lab just Wicked Ward if you don't need Vile Bastion).

If you chose to go for Whispers of Doom (keystone within 4 passive points of our path) you can take above advice and do as you please as you don't need Malediction - unless you really want to go creative and go tri-curse.

You will be taking these:
Void Beacon & Forbidden Power (order doesn't matter - up to you)

So personal preference really.
"
Nostrademous wrote:
"
WheresDaddy wrote:
I am trying currently to Blight CwC Dark pact, following this guide a little bit with some changes.

I'm not 100% sure what i'm doing, and i wanted to ask if in the end game i'll manage to make it work with average gears?

Use Path of Building to plan it out. Ask yourself how you will manage to avoid stuns; how you will manage to stay at high life and mana (i.e., via regen, leech, or pot spam); and what your single target damage will be; what your AoE pack clear will be. If you have answers that are satisfactory to all of those then you will know.

With Blight I assume you are taking the unique Jewel for Rot. Does DP CwC setup cause self-damage? Are you going to use Skeletons?

It's too hard for me to answer your questions without a PoB link so I can see all the moving pieces.

https://pastebin.com/pDpsm2EY

This is how my build looks like so far.

Yes, DP still cause self damage.

Going to switch to Apep's rage x2 as soon as i get enough chaos.

Also, i was thinking about running tri-curse (Temp chain, Enfeeble and Warlord's mark), by taking whispers of doom in the passive tree, but one of the curses will activate when taking damage.

I also need a suggestion on how to avoid getting stunned without kaom's root.
Last edited by WheresDaddy on Aug 14, 2017, 5:29:29 PM
"
WheresDaddy wrote:
https://pastebin.com/pDpsm2EY

This is how my build looks like so far.

Yes, DP still cause self damage.

Going to switch to Apep's rage x2 as soon as i get enough chaos.

Also, i was thinking about running tri-curse (Temp chain, Enfeeble and Warlord's mark), by taking whispers of doom in the passive tree, but one of the curses will activate when taking damage.

I also need a suggestion on how to avoid getting stunned without kaom's root.

Is Blight worth it? You don't get the health regen with Vaal Pact (that's my understanding) so you just get the extra Spreading Rot dmg (7+25=32%) whereas linking 2 other gems (to replace Cast While Channeling and Blight) is way way more dmg than 32%.

If you stick with what you have - Added Chaos Damage is better than Controlled Destruction.

Also, my testing shows that on a 3-link - wither totem is better on a Wither+SpellTotem+Increased Duration (instead of Faster Casting).
Nostrademous
Uploaded a video of T12 run on the new setup using The Covenant (on my character sheet).

LINK
Nostrademous
"
Nostrademous wrote:
Uploaded a video of T12 run on the new setup using The Covenant (on my character sheet).

LINK

And how do you like the new setup? :)
I really like it, with a 6th link it would be way easier too. I just need more health, but I'm near some health nodes, and once I find the last damn trial so I can do uber labs I can get rid of the damn Doedre's Ring.

Just ran a Tier 14 Maze map and had no problem with boss. I did die once b/c a) I have never done a Tier 14 before, b) I got turreted down from across screen by the 10-12 Vaal Construct poison-shooting dudes and couldn't dodge. My fail, I killed them on next life and finished the run.

I'm compressing the video now.
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Aug 14, 2017, 10:44:13 PM
Maze Tier 14 Map - Full Clear
Mistakes were made...
Nostrademous
Once you start running a Life Leech gem - would you change curse setup? Warlords mark now loses most of its purpose as your boss leech doesnt add much while your AoE doesnt need it. Could drop down to 1 curse (maybe take up MoM) or change to Poachers Mark?
I would probably drop Warlord's (although Endurance charges are nice defense) and pick up Poachers (for Frenzy which up our DPS even more) or a defensive curse (Enfeeble or Temporal).

I thought about MoM, but doubt it is worth it.
Nostrademous

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info