[3.0] Self-Cast Dark Pact Occultist - over 3mil Shaper DPS

"
ChaoticHawk wrote:
How would "The Covenant" would fit the build? Added chaos lv15 + Blood Magic on gems
Useful if you don't wanna run out of mana but still having a free socket for added chaos

I want to say a 6-link "The Covenant" would be amazing for this build based on my Blood Magic experiences thus far. It would leave you mana for 2 curses (Assassin's and Enfeeble probalby), allow you to put a Life Leech gem on the 6-link, while making mana a non-issue.

355 chaos on PoE-Trade though....
Nostrademous
"
Beepsy wrote:
Thanks for the updates! In regards to the blood magic variant, is Vaal pact no longer necessary?

No we still need it. I tried without it, but the leech rate per second isn't high enough compared to our cast rate and incoming damage unless your playstyle is guerilla tactics. You would have to invest way more in passives that give increased leech rate and natural life regen.
Nostrademous
"
Nostrademous wrote:
"
ChaoticHawk wrote:
How would "The Covenant" would fit the build? Added chaos lv15 + Blood Magic on gems
Useful if you don't wanna run out of mana but still having a free socket for added chaos

I want to say a 6-link "The Covenant" would be amazing for this build based on my Blood Magic experiences thus far. It would leave you mana for 2 curses (Assassin's and Enfeeble probalby), allow you to put a Life Leech gem on the 6-link, while making mana a non-issue.

355 chaos on PoE-Trade though....

I'll try it later today with a 5-link (prophecy quest). I think it will be really good even then b/c of Blood Magic for Dark Pact. It actually will solve most of the issues I have encountered on this build; and Kaom's Roots solve the stun issue at higher tier maps.

Thanks for the suggestions, I forgot about that. I will need to also evaluate switching to non-Bandits (2 passives) from Alira with this as I won't need mana regen.

I have to say, testing stuff is expensive though... I've spent 2 exalted thus far in testing various ideas/builds. Regrets get expensive in bulk.

A huge thank you to the person following this guide that handed me an exalted in game to fund further testing.
Nostrademous
I am trying currently to Blight CwC Dark pact, following this guide a little bit with some changes.

I'm not 100% sure what i'm doing, and i wanted to ask if in the end game i'll manage to make it work with average gears?
"
WheresDaddy wrote:
I am trying currently to Blight CwC Dark pact, following this guide a little bit with some changes.

I'm not 100% sure what i'm doing, and i wanted to ask if in the end game i'll manage to make it work with average gears?

Use Path of Building to plan it out. Ask yourself how you will manage to avoid stuns; how you will manage to stay at high life and mana (i.e., via regen, leech, or pot spam); and what your single target damage will be; what your AoE pack clear will be. If you have answers that are satisfactory to all of those then you will know.

With Blight I assume you are taking the unique Jewel for Rot. Does DP CwC setup cause self-damage? Are you going to use Skeletons?

It's too hard for me to answer your questions without a PoB link so I can see all the moving pieces.
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Aug 14, 2017, 1:15:21 PM
So with The Covenant unique, you wouldn't go for Blood Magic in the skill tree?
"
nefczi wrote:
So with The Covenant unique, you wouldn't go for Blood Magic in the skill tree?

No, no reason to and it would prevent easy Blasphemy use (without reserving against life)
Nostrademous
hi i ask again :) maybe my english isnt that good so i´m just a nap at PoE and my question was just if you got an order like:

normal lab - Void Beacon
cruel lab - Forbidden Power
Merc lab - wicked ward
Uber lab - vile bastion

its just for me and info that i can focus on something i cant use my brain for something like that :)
I see you have 4 jewel slots, but i dont see you linking any jewels, so what kind of jewels do this build uses?
"
Omnivon wrote:
I see you have 4 jewel slots, but i dont see you linking any jewels, so what kind of jewels do this build uses?

He made his characters public, so you can see the jewels he uses there. Go to his profile > Characters tab and the name is DP_DP. Currently he has Crimson Jewel, Phoenix Dew Cobalt, Eagle Shard Crimson. He is testing a slightly diferent build now.
Last edited by nefczi on Aug 14, 2017, 3:45:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info