Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath and the Harbinger League launch tomorrow!

"
Am I supposed to just overwrite the previous "Content.ggpk" file with the new one?

The old file is 9.7 GB while the new one is only 8.2 GB - I don't want to risk ruining my entire installation on launch day.

Courious ... my file from beta is 11.8 gb ;f
Thanks again everybody who replied to me !

Been on a walk and left torrent on. Surpassed the 1.00 ratio (it means that I have sent more data I have downloaded) and plan to seed still. Might reach 1.500 before the patch server will be opened. Sadly, I have okayish download speeds (up to about 6 megabytes per second) but my upload speeds are less than 1 MB/s. Maybe some of you got some data from me :)
Keeping 10 Mb/s seed til release
From what I understand, the 7 gb torrent makes for a pre-download that would diminish the size of what you have to download to 1-3 gb, which should end up to 9 gb (mostly). Previously patched Content.ggpk are usually heavier, because the torrents GGG gives to us because its not "download and play", its download and then re-download from PoE client to end up in size with regular ggpk.

But I might be wrong.

Still, I came here for a question: first page says that for my timezone, servers should have already gone down. Are servers down already or its in 40 min?
"
KairoStark wrote:
From what I understand, the 7 gb torrent makes for a pre-download that would diminish the size of what you have to download to 1-3 gb, which should end up to 9 gb (mostly). Previously patched Content.ggpk are usually heavier, because the torrents GGG gives to us because its not "download and play", its download and then re-download from PoE client to end up in size with regular ggpk.

But I might be wrong.

Still, I came here for a question: first page says that for my timezone, servers should have already gone down. Are servers down already or its in 40 min?

In 40 minutes.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
i download but it said that file is corrupt :(
"
Archwizard wrote:

In 40 minutes.

Thank you mate, hopefully my torrent content will work and I'll only have to download 3gb tops.
Am I supposed to just overwrite the previous "Content.ggpk" file with the new one?

The old file is 9.7 GB while the new one is only 8.2 GB - I don't want to risk ruining my entire installation on launch day.
"

You can keep them both. Just rename, or move to another directory, the old/original file when checking if the new file works.

With regards to file size, I feel like Bex messed up in the explanation. If the update itself is really 7 GB then the 3.0 torrent is probably missing a ton of content, and seems pretty absurd and pointless to even include it at all. Something's definitely messed up with the explanation we have currently, even despite the "additional download will be required" part.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Aug 4, 2017, 12:40:37 PM
"
SkillOfMyMind wrote:

yes just extract the zip in your PoE root folder, it will overwrite the previous content file.. my question is can we already replace it now? and then 3 hrs before launch update using the PoE client?
I dont want to have it all. I just want to have enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info