[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

I've played a lot of games and have read a crap ton of guides. This one just made its place right on the top with 1 old wotlk (wow) druid tanking guide :D An amazing read.

Now a question, if you dont mind: Got max 3ex budget. have a reliable raider flicker so can farm some more if needed. Want to clear the game this league. Can i make it work with this build? I really, REALLY like the "blizzard" skill ;D i'm a sucker for anything that reminds me of Warcraft :x

Ty :3
"
slocraft wrote:
I've played a lot of games and have read a crap ton of guides. This one just made its place right on the top with 1 old wotlk (wow) druid tanking guide :D An amazing read.

Now a question, if you dont mind: Got max 3ex budget. have a reliable raider flicker so can farm some more if needed. Want to clear the game this league. Can i make it work with this build? I really, REALLY like the "blizzard" skill ;D i'm a sucker for anything that reminds me of Warcraft :x

Ty :3

Thanks! :)

I haven't been looking at poe.trade recently, but 3 ex sounds OK if you go without Kaom's Heart. It's still possible to kill everything with a decent rare chest, just not quite as comfortably as with Kaom's. I was using this before Kaom's and it was fine up to T16:

That's without the gems though. I leveled my own, then added quality using the random quality drops from Lab chests. If you buy 20/20 gems, you'll likely go over 3 ex total budget.
"
The Shaper is harder, but Uber Atziri is much less available.

That is what I hate about Uber Atziri, now that I've killed her I probably won't run it again because it is so expensive to buy the sets. If you don't buy the sets you have to do a lot of grinding to get the uber map fragments. I already have 2 shaper complete map sets that I easily farmed on my own. I'm looking forward to shaper, but if its more difficult than Uber Atziri I might be banging my head against a wall since I barely killed Uber Atziri.

"
An advice if you want to practice Uber Atziri before trying the real thing: gimp yourself by removing all jewels, maybe a major hp piece (like Kaom's), and 1-2 staff gems, then do a bunch of normal Atziri kills until you get used to everything there.

That's a good idea, I didn't consider doing this. I was running through normal atziri deathless, so I figured uber atziri wouldn't be too much more difficult. But what I found out through my first run is because I wasn't killing the bosses nearly as quickly I actually had to deal with all the boss mechanics. My first Uber Atziri run I panicked on the trio and killed the cycloner 2nd. Needless to say, that ended my first run.
Last edited by Drippyskippy on Oct 11, 2017, 7:03:27 PM
"
Drippyskippy wrote:
I'm looking forward to shaper, but if its more difficult than Uber Atziri I might be banging my head against a wall since I barely killed Uber Atziri.

The boss guide is as detailed as I could make it, and you can pause and re-watch parts of the Shaper video to take a closer look at what I'm doing in each situation. Feel free to ask questions.
Shaper is just mechanics, in my opinion. Did over 150 runs with this build now and it is just like running any "harder" map. Also it is not really profitable now, sadly.
Thanks for the answer :3
I just checked poe.trade and yeah it's around 2,5 ex :s lowest rolls ... Gonna start off without kaoms then C: still find it super enjoyable x)

BTW do you mind if in the process i ask here some questions? Or you would like it to be less "floody"?
Hey what you think about this helmet? I need to know if its worth upgrading to that black sun because im low in currency and a 15% INT is worth over 30c.

(EDIT: Just got a 15% INT black sun for 1c LOL, and yea damage increased for about 200 (tooltip) 7% STR though, worth buying one over 10% for more life? I lost about 100 life from the helmet I had before)
Last edited by romulopina on Oct 12, 2017, 3:44:24 PM
Hey !

Just making a post to say this build is amazing and the guide is really really well written.
Killed my first Shaper ever yesterday with it, wouldn't say it was easy (took me all 6 portals) but it should have, all mistakes were mine and damn is the build nice, facetanking beam and slam feels so powerful. (of course, not dodging slams you couldn't facetank is stupid)
Second run went smoother, only 2 deaths ! (and a Dying Sun on first kill too, feels good !)

Continue just like that Kelvynn, your build is my prefered by far.

PS : Also, I noticed you don't have Item Rarity linked to Culling + SR + CwC on your secondary staff, doesn't it mean that SR can sometimes cull the boss and not profit from Item Rarity ? Or is it not working like that ?
Last edited by Woute on Oct 12, 2017, 5:36:45 PM
"
romulopina wrote:
Hey what you think about this helmet? I need to know if its worth upgrading to that black sun because im low in currency and a 15% INT is worth over 30c.

(EDIT: Just got a 15% INT black sun for 1c LOL, and yea damage increased for about 200 (tooltip) 7% STR though, worth buying one over 10% for more life? I lost about 100 life from the helmet I had before)

Black Sun Crest will increase your tooltip damage by a lot more than 200 once you finish leveling and get decent Int on all items.

Str roll on Black Sun Crest doesn't make much of a difference, it's fine as long as Int roll is good.

"
Woute wrote:
Hey !

Just making a post to say this build is amazing and the guide is really really well written.
Killed my first Shaper ever yesterday with it, wouldn't say it was easy (took me all 6 portals) but it should have, all mistakes were mine and damn is the build nice, facetanking beam and slam feels so powerful. (of course, not dodging slams you couldn't facetank is stupid)
Second run went smoother, only 2 deaths ! (and a Dying Sun on first kill too, feels good !)

Continue just like that Kelvynn, your build is my prefered by far.

PS : Also, I noticed you don't have Item Rarity linked to Culling + SR + CwC on your secondary staff, doesn't it mean that SR can sometimes cull the boss and not profit from Item Rarity ? Or is it not working like that ?

Thanks and grats!

Icestorm uses all support gems in the staff automatically. You don't need to link IR and CS in the swap weapon. Also, SR cannot cull because it does not hit.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 13, 2017, 1:47:53 AM
Hey Kelvynn,

I played your build again and love it again. In Essence I played the Elementalist and killed the shaper for the first time. Awsome! Thanks to you!

This league my farming is unlucky. I am still poor and dont know how to afford a Kaoms any time soon.
What do you think about my gear? Any possible upgrade I miss?

- Most important is Kaoms but it feels like I have to farm forever.
- Astramentis is kinda weak. But it was 19C.
- I justed hit lvl 20 with my gems and made them 20% and level them again now.
- The boots could have some more life but this is not a priority I guess.
- I miss 2 lightningres and used +18 Fireres for max res. Far from optimal but okay I guess.
- Jeweles are 1 Yellow and Izaros Turmoil with decent stats. That sounds good enough to me.

Spoiler

The unique Jeweles are all +23 Int

What do you think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info