[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

Got my first ever Shaper kill with this build and I must say it was quite easy. This build has the perfect balance of DPS and survivability.
I've been following every iteration of this build but this variant is by far my favorite. Thank you for sharing your build and the guide is so well written.
Cheers!
Is this build Hall of the grand master viable?, i mean for just spam that map.
Played this last league and loved it so I was stoked when I saw you had taken up the challenge of making it viable post 3.0 CI nerfs. I am still trying to get my last trial completed so I can do Uber lab and yet I have been able to achieve a t14 8-mod map.

While i missed buying a Kaoms before they skyrocketed I am very happy with my survivability. Once I finish ascending I'll have a crack at guardians and shaper. Thanks for the updates keep them coming :)

My current gear below:

"
Kelvynn wrote:
Build Guide and Leveling Guide are fully updated. I'll write the Q&A/Troubleshooting and Boss Guide tomorrow and get back to answering questions in this thread.

In the meantime, I got to try Uber Atziri. Twice. And all I have to say about that is:
Screw you, GGG. Sideways.

Don't bother trying it until this crap is fixed.

Hi
I have exact the same problems with grandmaster and all maps with small boss rooms if there is a harbinger mob within. i discuss that now with ggg and it seems its a problem with scorching ray and to many action in a time. Like in your video if the phase change comes and your icerain is going on and your scorching ray.
the look at this but i dont see a fast solution.
will report more if they write to me.
I died yesterday to the reason of chaos dmg. i was in a map with the sextant mod additional mobs with chaos dmg. i seems all good but then i get oneshotted from such a mobgroup and dont know why and what to do. since i try to get the 90 archivement i was verry unhappy. (was a shaped tropical island and i had no problem since that).
Then i did a port map with some nasty mods but all was fine. Then i killed the endboss and loot and suddenly id was dead.
since i dont know what killed me perhaps you guys can help me figure it out.
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Aug 25, 2017, 5:14:34 AM
"
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Build Guide and Leveling Guide are fully updated. I'll write the Q&A/Troubleshooting and Boss Guide tomorrow and get back to answering questions in this thread.

In the meantime, I got to try Uber Atziri. Twice. And all I have to say about that is:
Screw you, GGG. Sideways.

Don't bother trying it until this crap is fixed.

Hi
I have exact the same problems with grandmaster and all maps with small boss rooms if there is a harbinger mob within. i discuss that now with ggg and it seems its a problem with scorching ray and to many action in a time. Like in your video if the phase change comes and your icerain is going on and your scorching ray.
the look at this but i dont see a fast solution.
will report more if they write to me.

I already sent a long email letter to GGG because of this, lost two beachhead maps yesterday.
I'm still leveling only 46 atm, but it seems like it takes forever to get icestorm going when you are in a pack of mobs.

Is there a benefit of using spell echo over EF or CE? or is there a point where SE may out dps the bonus for EF?
Last edited by Newwt on Aug 25, 2017, 8:30:23 AM
i dont like the life version vs the old ci VP version. There are some reasons for that.

Int = ES and Damage
The new life version needs focus on INT and Life that means lost one of them. (mostly the damage)
But also the thing that we need decent gear for a good amout of life to facetank.

there are more small things (playable only at high lvl now.. and so on)

I play atm the CI version with some adjust in standard and testet it with 10kes+
the only one that this version lost is the instant leech for facetank (also the amount of es to facetank big hits).

So with 10k es, im on 11k avg damage with increase, 19-26k with concentrated and buffs
with more then 7sec storm .

the damage is higher then ever with new buffs and gem updates. played it WITHOUT sorcing ray. with sorcing ray there is 33k+ avg damage
in a 7 sec duration storm

But WI is dead for beginner , its rely expensive to got it where it was donst matter if es or life or both....
Last edited by SiegfriedXX on Aug 25, 2017, 8:55:24 AM
Thank you for a great build! I took a break from playing for a while and with 3.0 all of my builds were beyond dead. I turned my old CI WI Berserker back to Life with your build and he is quite impressive. Still working on my gear and missing a lot of skill points from the tree (still doing all the new missions) but I took a trip to see Uber Izaro last night and wiped the floor with him...effortless.

Again, great build...now at least I can run maps with my old guild mates. ;)
My gear if anyone is interested...still need a Kaom's and a better belt...and probably new boots too:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info