[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Some one talk me out of starting all over again with something else. This build is kind of squishy even resist capped with 6K ehp I get insta gibbed. Did Uber at 75 but it was complete cringe. Clear speed is MEH as you're constantly stopping to channel, and there is a wind up time before the storm begins. SPell Cascade is a game changer for AOE but it hurts my eyes and makes the frame rate FEEL low even when it's 90+.

I just don't know. Maybe it's just not for me.

yeah the playstyle is special. that is what I like at this build. :-)

i played tornado shot, wander, sunder but this is the build i like most.

Ok its much squisher as in its best days but it still works. And as long as kelynn gets it working i play it.
lvl 85 now, got around 4.7k life and 2k mana, tooltip DPS 11.5k without lvl 20 gems or 2 of the last labs. Build is still great, T11-12 without any deaths.
I found a solution for fixing Spell Cascade bug (only Nvidia users)

From desktop, bottom right-->NVIDIA control panel--->3D Configuration--->PhysX Configuration--->chose your grap.card model and remove "AUTO". Seems that in "AUTO", this game chose CPU for PhysX..and client crashed.

Just tested today, total played 5 hours (random), zero crashed (even in full party).

Spoiler

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Dec 21, 2017, 7:54:35 AM
Im lvl 83 now with this build. Soul tether still on because it feels fine for now. Reached t8 in atlas and no more deaths since I´ve started using IC+ID+CWDT combo plus CoH+Ball Lightning+Enfeeble. Defeated one lich in a t7 without much problem. Still using a 5L. About 6k ehp.
Tried one trial of lingering pain and it was bullshit. Ill pay somebody to run me so I can move on. Build is starting to feel much better now.
I just started back trying this build again after a while away. I had quit this build and the game as a whole during 3.0 because of numerous crashes, lockups, bugs, and multiplayer performance problems.

So far I've done a large enough number of both old and new maps to level up from 87-88, and can say that everything seems different. I now can use engine multithreading and I get no lockups or crashes from scorching ray, and no solo performance problems at all. I've repeated some things that caused reproducible crashes in the old version that work perfectly now. Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon.

As for the changes to the build tree, my damage and life are both much higher than before, and I leveled from 87 to 88 with only one death. I also picked up that new belt (Cyclopean Coil) and a Black Sun Crest. Those helped quite a bit too. I still lack Kaom's Heart and will apparently need that to solo end game bosses (I tried Atziri and I'm not even remotely close currently).

I actually like some aspects of how the build plays now better. I don't have to check my health every time I stop casting in case of a dot. I used to use flasks a lot in such cases but now I almost never do. The remaining leech usually outlasts that. I also find I can reposition more freely since stopping casting briefly does not stop the leech. I guess some bosses may one shot me, but everything feels much safer around crowds.

I agree with several of you that spell cascade is messed up. I'm not sure it is worth using either.

Shortly after I started back all of my original skill gems rolled over to level 20. So I got out my prisms and reset them all at once to level 1 qual 20. I expected that to pose some problems for a while, but it really didn't. I think the first low level map got them back to level 10, and I think they are already back to 17-18. I'm not sure when the quality outweighs the loss of skill level, but I think I'm already better than I was. At least my damage shows higher.

Anyway, I'm having good fun with this build now, and I appreciate the updates to the guide and build tree for 3.1.

Elder rare T8 map deathless

Found what killed me last day..when you kill The Elder, Zana appears, and you must go inside Bubble:-)

VID

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Dec 21, 2017, 2:29:22 AM
"
shrunn57 wrote:
As for the changes to the build tree, my damage and life are both much higher than before, and I leveled from 87 to 88 with only one death. I also picked up that new belt (Cyclopean Coil) and a Black Sun Crest. Those helped quite a bit too. I still lack Kaom's Heart and will apparently need that to solo end game bosses (I tried Atziri and I'm not even remotely close currently).

I really hope that you meant uber-atziri, or i have a bad news for you.
Sadly I did not mean uber-atziri, and I definitely could not outleech atziri's flameblast damage. However, my build is not complete, my gems have mostly been reset to lower levels, I still don't have uber lab, and I have only about half the life and damage that other people report for the finished build.

In any case, even if this build is no longer good for end game bosses, it is a mindlessly easy build to use for farming maps for drops and currency, which I badly need to support doing some other builds.
Don't facetank atziri, just dodge her spells and in windows she gives you (which are huge) cast icestorm. Did it before I've even got my kaoms like 10 levels before.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Dec 21, 2017, 8:44:45 PM
"
shrunn57 wrote:

In any case, even if this build is no longer good for end game bosses

ofc it is...we wouldnt be playing it otherwise. a novel concept is that we might have to actually MOVE a time or 2 now in some cases. league after league it has been one of the very few builds that can do everything in the game that ISN'T twitch meme shit, and is why many, many of us have followed kelvynn and his iterations of the build for so long, b/c he knows what he's doing. most of us don't :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info