WORK IN PROGRESS [3.0] League starter - RF life build (HC viable)

You put flat cold/lightning on jewelry so it does ele dmg other than fire. He says "DO NOT PUT FLAT FIRE ON ITEMS" but I don't recall him explaining it here, but that's why. If you had +fire on them, you wouldn't proc overload for negative fire resist.
Just noticed that there is no CWDT + Immortal Call setup. Is this because we don't feel it is necessary with a Basalt Flask? Recently got very slot limited and have had to drop Decoy Totem to make everything fit. Would love to have it back. I was considering going dual curse as well and manually casting flammability on bosses.

So it would be flammability and decoy totem VS CWDT + IC. Anybody got any thoughts on the two. Or other options entirely?
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Aug 11, 2017, 2:38:43 AM
"
desolate21 wrote:
You put flat cold/lightning on jewelry so it does ele dmg other than fire. He says "DO NOT PUT FLAT FIRE ON ITEMS" but I don't recall him explaining it here, but that's why. If you had +fire on them, you wouldn't proc overload for negative fire resist.

ty man got it now ;)
IGN:Sirdec
"
"
5. At level 21 you can swap to RF. Get the best life flasks possible.

how on god earth you wanna sustain RF on lvl 21 thats impossible as a league starter build

It's been really easy to sustain RF using 2 flasks that have x% increased amount recovered paired with x% reduced recovery speed. I ran a giant life flask recovering nearly 1500 hp over 11.90 seconds which worked really well. Pair it with capped fire resistance and running a ruby flask and you're actually regenerating life instead of losing it. For safety I run an extra life flask with remove burning / remove ignite to disable RF when on low life.
Atfer more playing here's my findings while leveling. Defo recommend you get the War Bringer passive from the berserker ascendency by completing normal lab a.s.a.p. It makes it a lot easier to sustain RF. Besides normal lab is crazy easy with RF. Let him keep all his buffs so you get 2 keys at the end. For the leveling gear I found that the shaper's seed amulet is the most important piece due to the life regen you get from it and the added intelligence boost. I still went with the extra int and dex nodes on my tree though so I can use RF and stone golem without issues. After the amulet you probably will want the Springleaf shield, then the Pyrerings, then the Ashcaller wand. The wand is simply more damage, and because it's not a melee weapon you can't use shield dash so I recommend getting 20%+ mov. speed on your boots with a quicksilver flask. Running this with 2 slow increased hp regen flasks, a remove burn/ignite flask and a ruby flask makes literally everything incredibly easy.
is this gear sufficient for late game like high tier maps uber lab etc?

for eg. i find the amulet and belt a little underwhelming when i can get +100 over health on each or am I missing something?

Thanks again imba build faceroll almost everything since lvl 30!

For those not sure how it works you actually need to keep spamming pot n warcry if you want to start playing rf early level. But before you consider it bloody is worth it. Facerolled and leveled so easily to 70
"
chaelp wrote:
The whitest of the knights right here. Give credit where credit is due, that is all we are saying. No where does he mention Pohx, when in fact, it is his build.

You use the term "white knight" but I don't think you know what it means. You're a fan boy, obviously, HEH.

"
Bovicemobile wrote:
"
chaelp wrote:
Give credit where credit is due

Sure, he probably took the idea from Pohx, but he also never claimed it was his own idea. Tell Pohx to get a patent if you wanna be such a cunt about it. Oh wait, that's right, it's just a game.

^ this.
"
chaelp wrote:
The whitest of the knights right here. Give credit where credit is due, that is all we are saying. No where does he mention Pohx, when in fact, it is his build.

You use the term "white knight" but I don't think you know what it means. You're a fan boy, obviously, HEH.

"
Bovicemobile wrote:
"
chaelp wrote:

Sure, he probably took the idea from Pohx, but he also never claimed it was his own idea. Tell Pohx to get a patent if you wanna be such a cunt about it. Oh wait, that's right, it's just a game.

^ this.
"
chaelp wrote:

"
Bovicemobile wrote:
"
chaelp wrote:

^ this.
"
sirdec wrote:
Someone could explain me how u can proc Overload + Equilibrium with shield charge? i dont get it?

You get flat elemental rolls of cold or lightning (or both, doesn't matter) BUT NOT FIRE on jewellery or gloves. So when you shield charge an enemy, it hits them with the cold or lightning damage, making them have high resists towards that element and lower towards others; making your fire damage from RF do much more damage.

Thing is nobody tends to explain is even if you just walk into a group, the fire damage from RF WILL NOT proc EE as it's not a hit. You don't need to shield charge every white pack or what not. Only worry about shield charging rares and bosses. Same for curses.

Just make sure you don't get any 'adds x to y fire damage to attacks' and you'll be okay. Even if you only do 1 to 2 cold damage, it will still proc EE.

Proccing EO, you just have to crit. To crit, you pretty much spam shield charge until it happens. Other builds tend to do orb of storms + increased critical strikes to proc it, but IMO it's annoying af. Just spam charge.

Again, you'd only really want it for rares/bosses unless your gear is really really bad and NEED The dmg boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info