WORK IN PROGRESS [3.0] League starter - RF life build (HC viable)

"
xmh911111 wrote:
Explain how you switch to RF at lvl 21? In a new league?

Exactly, I am a noob, and wanted to try "starter" build. I chose this, but it is impossible to use RF on lvl 21. I just degen in 4 seconds
"
I've been following this guide and so far so good. I transitioned to RF a little later like lv35 but the regen from normal lab + enduring cry + occasional pot keeps me topped off for life.

The normal lab and using enduring cry on cd are really key for getting RF off the ground. Don't forget to do some math before switching to RF!

Could you please help new players out and try to explain how you did it this early?

I have just started playing and thought this was a good "Beginner" guide, problem is RF is draining me way to fast im level 31 now and looking for the gems listed in the first post. But i need some help setting the gems up the right way and maybe some help explaining exactly how you hit the right amount of life regen.

Best regards
The images are down, I can't see the items.
IGN: Salamanders
Nice build, I transitioned to RF at 25 and had sustain problems until I did normal lab at 34, then it became easy with the heal effect of Warcries.

I would like clarification if possible:

Elemental Overload - what crits which procs this?
Elemental Equilibrium - What damage other than fire are we dealing to make this work for RF?

The tree from what I can see shows:
Devotion 3% increased effect of non curse auras
Aura Effect (Top Left) 6%
Sovreignty 10% increased effect of non curse auras

This makes 19%, but we need 20% to get an extra 1% maximum fire res out of Purity of Fire.

Could you tell me where I'm missing the last 1% please?

(I also can't see the items btw)
"
Kukela wrote:
Nice build, I transitioned to RF at 25 and had sustain problems until I did normal lab at 34, then it became easy with the heal effect of Warcries.

I would like clarification if possible:

Elemental Overload - what crits which procs this?
Elemental Equilibrium - What damage other than fire are we dealing to make this work for RF?

The tree from what I can see shows:
Devotion 3% increased effect of non curse auras
Aura Effect (Top Left) 6%
Sovreignty 10% increased effect of non curse auras

This makes 19%, but we need 20% to get an extra 1% maximum fire res out of Purity of Fire.

Could you tell me where I'm missing the last 1% please?

(I also can't see the items btw)

About EO and EE, u trigger them with shield charge, link shield charge with increased critical chance support gem. IMPORTANT: he said dont get added fire dmg to attacks on items, that is because shield charge will deal that fire dmg when u hit and it will actually lower your dmg. Get added cold or lightning on your rings, gloves, etc, so u can proc EE.
First time running this kings of build myself, RF is definitely viable starter but this guide is more of a guideline than a complete low level walkthrough.

Some extra tips for beginners:

Do not switch to RF immediately at lv 21. Normal lab (Berserker War Bringer ascendancy) is essential to sustain RF at low levels. Stick with melee skills (sunder) until you have level up some life regen and completed normal lab.

Even with War Bringer + war cry spam, CAPPING fire res is essential. You'd want the Barbarianism passive node (+1% max fire res) and a decently leveled Purity of Fire aura (Lv 5 gem, req lv 36, +1% max fire res) before making the jump to RF.

Keep your old melee gear while testing out your regen sustainability. Test on dummy gear/empty blue socket before taking the plunge to link up RF. You will be spamming a lot of war crys (on cooldown) near the beginning depending on your HP pool and flasks. You will most likely need at least 3-4 Life flasks to keep charges up while farming.

Starting off with a 3L is completely fine for RF due to new AoE scaling changes.
3L BBR: RF + Ele Focus + Burning Damage.
Since the AoE changes I'm running Conc Effect full time as 4th link. It is smaller but dem more deeps.

Don't be afraid to go for all the nearby regen nodes in the skill tree. Getting too much %life will only diminish the effectiveness of our flasks which we heavily depend on in early game (e.g. just stop at the notable %life nodes, do not rush all the little 4%/5% nodes)

Once you start using RF, getting a [Flask] of Dousing can be used to stop RF during long periods of down time between mobs/quest animations to save our sorely needed flasks:

Summon Stone golem also helps with some life regen (should give 1-2% effective life regen)

Personally using Orb of Storms + Increased Crit Rate (had a nice +spell crit on weapon) to proc Elemental Overload and Elemental Equilibrium.
I also had to socket a +(non-fire) dmg gem with my Shield Charge since I didn't have any weapon non-fire ele damage on my weapon.

Temp Utility setup: Lv1 CWDT + Low lvl BV + Curse on Hit + Flammability (do note that Flammability has to be above CWDT lvl threshold otherwise CoH is disabled)
Will most likely drop this once I get the unique shield and drop vitality for Blasphemy + Flammability.

Running low on Int for gems while leveling? Don't be afraid to take the +30 Int node. Once you start moving towards Elemental Overload you can easily respec the points out. This build doesn't require much re-specing thankfully.

If you plan on staying with this character for end game (maps). Start saving up your resources to buy Rise of the Phoenix unique shield. This is the single most important unique for this build.
It's been hovering around 30c so far in Harbinger, let's hope the price stays or drops (pls no Mathil).

Do Cruel and Merciless labs before finishing Act 10 to save on gear res.

My RF Harbinger character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Expire/characters/ExpiredStrike
"
Expire wrote:
First time running this kings of build myself, RF is definitely viable starter but this guide is more of a guideline than a complete low level walkthrough.

Some extra tips for beginners:

[...]

Thanks. Thats some nice piece of info for newbies
I'm running a very similar build to this, but I'm curious, what Pantheon do you guys consider to be best for this build? ATM I'm running Brine King and Gruthkul but I haven't unlocked everything yet.
I don't Understand why using "Brightbeak" (is it for the Fire resistance ??), would be better to use Ashcaller for more damage (burning damage) or The Dark Seer ,until we get Doryani's Catalyst ?
Last edited by RonDeCanelle on Aug 6, 2017, 10:12:50 PM
"
Expire wrote:

profile/Expire/characters/ExpiredStrike[/url]

Thanks for the explanation. I have a few more questions as a total new player im in Act 3 and level 36, i have follow the passive tree as it is mentioned in page 1. But i cant active the RF without losing all my life in seconds.

Here is my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAAHcAecFLRQgFE0YkRkuGlUn7TboPfxHflW1Vw1YY18_YSFko2VNdO2CB4TZhO-Mz57Nn8unMLyfvTa-p8EExPbG2NIh2WHawe8O8kH2SPxL?accountName=ChasingDeath&characterName=Phelix

I am trying to ditch the last gear with energy shield. Also whenever i find a gem mentioned in first post i try to equipt it and level it up.

But how much regeneration and fire resistance should I aim at before trying the RF build?

I have 83% fire resistance and around 80 life regeneration at the moment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info