WORK IN PROGRESS [3.0] League starter - RF life build (HC viable)

"
RonDeCanelle wrote:
I don't Understand why using "Brightbeak" (is it for the Fire resistance ??), would be better to use Ashcaller for more damage (burning damage) or The Dark Seer ,until we get Doryani's Catalyst ?

Its not for the DMG or the Resistance, its to be verry fast with Shield Charge so you get aroud the Maps better and faster, also with elemental overload (and crit inc linked wwith shield charge) you do crit more often (cause faster attaks) to get the 40% more damage.

But ur right, for Damage you could use another weapon with %Fire Damage.
"
LintfreeRag wrote:
"
xmh911111 wrote:
Explain how you switch to RF at lvl 21? In a new league?

Exactly, I am a noob, and wanted to try "starter" build. I chose this, but it is impossible to use RF on lvl 21. I just degen in 4 seconds

Put it on spell totem until normal lab and get War Bringer. Find a remove burning and immunity to ignite flask.
"
"

I don't Understand why using "Brightbeak" (is it for the Fire resistance ??), would be better to use Ashcaller for more damage (burning damage) or The Dark Seer ,until we get Doryani's Catalyst ?

Its not for the DMG or the Resistance, its to be verry fast with Shield Charge so you get aroud the Maps better and faster, also with elemental overload (and crit inc linked wwith shield charge) you do crit more often (cause faster attaks) to get the 40% more damage.

But ur right, for Damage you could use another weapon with %Fire Damage.

OOOOOOHHH now i get it , thx a lot :)
Thanks a lot to the OP for the guide and also to Expire for some useful tips.

Decided to give this a go as my league starter. Only just started mapping but everything ok up to T3. Bosses are a major pain though. Decided to try and slot in a SR setup to burn a few of the down quicker; well, at least the ones where I can standstill and facetank them. Not too sure if worth keeping it or not. Will probably decide closer to red maps when such stuff will either be totally pointless or really good!

Character is Kratos Dovahkiir. Appreciate any tips. Currently saving up for jewels and the witchfire brew. Then onto the Kaom's....which is looking like it will take me a LOOONG time. Still fairly new to the game so not really able to generate ccy from flipping. Relying on loot drops!
^

Switch to Conc Effect, drop Vaal Lightning Trap. Bosses are as easy as many yellow mobs.
I'd save for Kaom's first ( I am). You wont miss 100 life and additive damage on jewels, which are for late game min maxing and can be expensive.

Remove curse, bleed, burning ( to turn off RF), shock and a remove freeze are musts, with at least 2 being ruby flasks.

I've had TERRIBLE RNG today my self. Kaom's is steady at 250 chaos / 5 exalt and I'm 3/4 of the way there but can go hours without seeing virtually anything of value.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 8, 2017, 1:38:53 AM
double post
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 8, 2017, 1:36:02 AM
How do I get the 37 intelligence to equip RF? I currently have 14 INT
I tried this build and it kinda worked and had a little problem. Before the first lab I ran RF just fine, HP drained to 1, as expected. But I could control it so I was able to fight with RF on and get a bit to distance when HP reached low levels, turn off RF and reg life to full and go back in with RF active after a 3second break. The lab itself I had to run without RF, death was far too easy in the lab with RF on.

After that with the berserker Shout passive I was able to use RF just fine. Rarely running out of life. At first it was a chore to keep life up at max all the time.

I rushed all % Life reg passives first and then grabbed all other passives, that way it was a little bit more comfortable to use RF. Right now at 55 I can have RF active all the time and I only have to use a flask or shout every ~10 seconds to top off my HP. I grabbed more &Life per second than recommended, I can still unlearn them later when I get things like that phoenix shield.
Last edited by Quait on Aug 8, 2017, 7:02:35 AM
nice build gona try
Last edited by davc1234567890 on Aug 8, 2017, 9:25:30 AM
"
Kaom's is steady at 250 chaos / 5 exalt and I'm 3/4 of the way there but can go hours without seeing virtually anything of value.

Thx for all the advice. I'll definitely start saving for the Kaom's then. I actually just spent all my ccy on a Witchfire Brew which has massively helped general clear but not bosses so much. I do switch to conc effect for most bosses but some I actually seem to find the extra range of the inc AoE helpful to just run circles round them keeping them at the edge of the RF circle. I'll look into the Vaal Lightning trap, since it got nerfed I figured it may not be worth it but at this point I have the slots for it so no reason not to I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info