[3.0] Quad Glacial Cascade Totems - Fun and Cheap!

Found this post shortly after I started playing something similar, and made a few tweaks based on some of your recommendations. Really enjoy playing it; thanks much!

Am still fairly new to the game, so forgive any glaring errors/oversights with it, but this is my tweaked version that I'm currently shooting for:

https://goo.gl/rxxWvM
Last edited by M3AT_P0PS1CL3 on Aug 22, 2017, 1:45:24 AM
I'm enjoying this build, and most of the play so far has been quite easy. However I have problems with one thing: Vorici's mission where one monster has to stay alive. Anybody got tips how to handle those?
"
Varaneshax wrote:
I'm enjoying this build, and most of the play so far has been quite easy. However I have problems with one thing: Vorici's mission where one monster has to stay alive. Anybody got tips how to handle those?

I have typically done this by not spawning all four totems. Kite the target to try and pull him/her alone, they typically have more aggressive chase capabilities. And then place totems once they're close. Can place one or two here and there to start dealing damage, just dont want to over do it to kill the mobs.
Could you tell us some endgame uniques and flasks that you use or thought for this build?

Thanks in advice.
"
Danono wrote:
Could you tell us some endgame uniques and flasks that you use or thought for this build?

Thanks in advice.

Not sure about the OP but I feel like this build doesn't benefit tremendously from many Uniques. With the caveat that I took a break from 2.0 to 3.0, I've skimmed the new uniques but may have missed some. And also I haven't had much time to play this league... I've reached level 77 without any difficulty using a slightly modified build but it is in no way optimized, hoping to get around to it.

The only thing that stands out to me is pairing Tukohama's with Essence Worm to be able to continue running Hatred. Although I'm not sure this would be worth the investment (Haven't run the numbers).

Chest you could go with Belly if you need the health although I feel like a good rare chest is the way to go, or there's Carcass Jack for the DPS/clear speed boost.

This build is fairly susceptible to stun so for Boots you could go with Kaom's Roots. Although with the new Brine King pantheon and/or CWDT IC probably not necessary.

All in all no uniques jump out at me as BIS but I could be wrong.

Flasks Wise Oak and Taste of Hate for added DPS.
Last edited by Gabbed on Aug 28, 2017, 5:28:49 PM
Hi guys, I took this build to 86, doing great so far. I'm in HC so I got more defenses at the expense of dps. I got 5611 hp, 3638 unreserved mana, 4352 ES, for a total of 13.5k ehp. DPS is 18k without totems. doing tier 12 so far and not feeling challenged yet.
Another thing to add... I had a Carcass Jack drop last night and decided to swap out my garbage 5 link chest and start using Rime Gaze with Illuminated Devotion as a Pseudo 6 link. My DPS jumped from 7k to 16k with these changes. Illuminated devotion also allows you to get some extra AOE on either Orb of Storms or your curse.

I'm holding off on picking up Sanctuary of thought since I'm planning on using Arcane Surge with my curse and haven't had any major issues with mana.

Seems like a good idea until you are able to afford a 6 link, especially in softcore where survivability isn't as crucial.
Last edited by Gabbed on Aug 30, 2017, 9:21:23 AM
Can you post a level 70 skill tree?
"
justjaken wrote:
Can you post a level 70 skill tree?

Here ya go! https://goo.gl/uxJqbY

Remember as you level you should get the points you need but here is a level 70 suggestion.

I normally leave out jewel sockets till the end because they tend to be harder to get good ones.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
"
Mosho1 wrote:
Hi guys, I took this build to 86, doing great so far. I'm in HC so I got more defenses at the expense of dps. I got 5611 hp, 3638 unreserved mana, 4352 ES, for a total of 13.5k ehp. DPS is 18k without totems. doing tier 12 so far and not feeling challenged yet.

Interesting. I mostly have armor/ev gear, with a bit of ES. Do you think going more ES focused is a good call? Im also dual wand, based on OP's post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info