[3.0] Quad Glacial Cascade Totems - Fun and Cheap!

I made this build during the legacy league just for fun and it turned out rather well. I thought I would share this for anyone who wants a relatively cheap and awesomely fun build. I've done Uber labs, normal Atziri and up to the guardians with this guy. Message me with any question. If I don't answer it's because I'm getting all intimate with The Fall of Oriath.

-Added Level 70 tree suggestion.

Update - 08/06/2017

-3.0 Tree fixed, pantheon suggestions and uber lab enchant update.

Necropolis (full run) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf159PzEW98
Normal Atziri https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuA4sTswgYE
Plaza (boss) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RkSa3h3Zwg

Strengths

-3.0 Buffed glacial cascade hard.

-Beginner friendly, new league starter, great currency farmer.

-Clear speed is equivalent to other totem builds.

-No unique required.

-Utilizes the new MoM nodes.

Weaknesses

-The build has a hard time with some RiP mods.

-Guardians/Shaper is hard if even doable.

-Using MoM requires you to keep a mana flask for emergency's.

Remember as you level you should get the points you need but here is a level 70 suggestion.
https://goo.gl/uxJqbY

Two points saved thx to mrstrong つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Changed out Frost Walker with Storm Weaver thx Gabbed! つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
3.0 Final Tree. PoE main site
https://goo.gl/eVcG59

3.0 Final Tree. Path of Building pastebin below.
https://pastebin.com/MkXcRj7b

Class - Hierophant

Points - Ritual of Awakening > Pursuit of Faith > Divine Guidance > Sanctuary of Thought

Any order of obtaining these is fine but having Sanctuary of Thought is a quality of life node that is hard to live without.

These can be changed on a whim so use what you need.

Major - Soul of Lunaris ( Capture Lycius, Midnight's Howl, Master of the Blade, and Arachnoxia)

Minor - Soul of Ryslatha ( Capture The Winged Death )

-Dexterity on your gear.

We don't take a lot of dex nodes and we need enough to max out GC and such. There is a 30 point node you can take one point off the tree to help you level until you get some on your gear. My favorite thing is to get a Amulet with + to all stats and + to dex.

-Uber lab helm enchant (40% of Glacial Cascade physical damage converted to cold damage.)

This is a really important enchant for the build. An easy way to get this is to get the enchant on any helm then use essence of greed and craft a high life/res rare.

3.0 Change - The gem itself now converts 60% of physical damage to cold and the new uber enchant does 40% effectively converting 100% physical to cold.

For Damage

- Glacial Cascade > Spell Totem > Faster Casting > Cold Penetration > Concentrated Effect support > Culling strike support

- Orb of Storms > Increased AoE > Increased Critical strikes > Increased Duration

Orb of storms crits as soon as you drop it triggering "Elemental Overload" which gives you 40% elemental damage. I used this on bosses, chest, big groups or rares and things of that nature.

For Defense

- Immortal call > Cast when damage taken > Increased duration > ( Free Slot, I use golems)

For Utility

- Lightning warp > Faster casting > Less duration > Rapid Decay (you can sub out the 4th)

- Frostbite > Increased AoE > Increased Duration

- Hatred, Vaal skeletons ect..

3.0 Bandit Choice
Lord Kraityn or 2 skill points which ever you prefer.

Life > Resist Cap > Spell/cold/area/phy damage > Cast speed.

Low cost setup
Spoiler

Jewels

-Inc. Life
-Inc. Spell/Cold/Totem/area/phy damage
-Inc. Cast speed

Flask

For flask it's important to keep at least one mana flask due to MoM zapping you or Low/No regen maps.

Inc.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
Last edited by weallgotissues on Sep 1, 2017, 10:00:48 AM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2018, 9:08:02 AM
"
The helmet Labyrinth enchantments for Glacial Cascade now grant 30% and 40% Physical to Cold Conversion.

This is from patch notes. So you'll have 90% conversion just from a Merciless Lab, and with an Uber Lab enchant you'll get to 100% conversion now.
"
jolsen26 wrote:
"
The helmet Labyrinth enchantments for Glacial Cascade now grant 30% and 40% Physical to Cold Conversion.

This is from patch notes. So you'll have 90% conversion just from a Merciless Lab, and with an Uber Lab enchant you'll get to 100% conversion now.

That's good news. Thanks, I'll have to update it!
♥ we all go tissues ♥
awesome, I might try this build for the big update
What does your DPS look like per totem? Interested in the build
"
XJunkyX wrote:

13.5k with 1 Totem, 9.5k with all 4 totems placed.
Glacial cascade causes multiple Hits: Each circle in the Glacial Cascade overlaps partially with adjacent circles... It is not the highest DPS build out there but for what it is, with the gear I have, it does a great job. I'm sure some uniques and better gear could pump up the numbers alot.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
"
"
XJunkyX wrote:

13.5k with 1 Totem, 9.5k with all 4 totems placed.
Glacial cascade causes multiple Hits: Each circle in the Glacial Cascade overlaps partially with adjacent circles... It is not the highest DPS build out there but for what it is, with the gear I have, it does a great job. I'm sure some uniques and better gear could pump up the numbers alot.

yea I know the dps calc gets a little weird with GC's multi hits, just didn't want the build to do next to no damage. I'm just trying to figure out a personally new build for the league. I've neglected Totems in the past and figured now was a fine time to give them a shot
Picked up Freezing Pulse for leveling. Wondering if i should go for Ancestral Bond fairly quickly, or if that's more of an endgame node.
The 3.0 passive three doesnt show for me:(
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Picked up Freezing Pulse for leveling. Wondering if i should go for Ancestral Bond fairly quickly, or if that's more of an endgame node.

You can level with 2 x Firestorm totems. Just put it in a +1 fire scepter or wand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info