[3.0] Quad Glacial Cascade Totems - Fun and Cheap!

"
laFleuere wrote:
Well, I'm 88 atm and I can clearly say that this build is viable to clear T15 deathless (I just still don't get any T16 maps), Atziri deathless. I have about 5.4k/1.3k HP/ES and 2.5k MP. With hatred i have about 20k dmg without totems and about 17k with 4 totems. This is without buffs. In figths it reaches 40k dmg at max with 4 totems. I also made some changes about Orb of Storms. I set it like
Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Increase Critical Chance - Frostbite.
So now i have -44 cold res drop for enemy and -41 penetration almost all the time. 6 sec i guess is enough for Orb of Storms to live. We can always recast it. The main problem is that at this lvl we will need to spend some points in totem's life and res cause they are falling quite fast.
Also i add Phase Run in free slot with immortal call. So it add more survivability to build.

Great changes! I personally don't mind the self cast curse with totem builds but the quality of life change to combine it with orb of storms is a nice touch. If you have enough damage you can swap to the life/resist totem nodes on the totem circles in the tree if that is a better option.

"
hurler97 wrote:
Had to post a comment on this great build. I'm lvl 66 in Harbinger, tearing through Act 9, not even close to dying. Once I got the four Ascendancy points, I swapped Ancestral Bond for a life node.

My gear is complete crap, just whatever I found laying around (but Orbs of Binding were a big help). With HoI and HoT, my Glacial Cascade tooltip DPS is 3K! :-)

This build is great with a Decoy Totem and two GC totems. I also use a Decoy and two Blight Totems when I'm in the mood. I also have Searing Bond equipped, but the trash mobs die so fast, I hardly ever need it.

Since I dropped AB, I keep Vortex around in case I get rushed, but haven't really needed it much, either.

Only weak point so far is my HP/ES is 3.3K/442. If I can ever find some crafting orbs, I can fix that; until then, stay out of trouble.

GC in this thing is just broken. Another good one would be Molten Strike plus 2 Inevitability unique jewels, or even Storm Call.

Strong, cheap build, easy to customize.

Thanks,
hurler97

Thanks for the feedback!
♥ we all go tissues ♥
I still cant understand how can i get totems from glacial cascade skill. I googled it but it didnt solve this problem...
I still cant understand how can i get totems from glacial cascade skill. I googled it but it didnt solve this problem...
"
ruksenasg2 wrote:

We are getting Spell totems who cast Glacial Cascade skill. Not in reverse. U just need to link Spell Totem to Glacial Cascade and place totems.
Why culling strike? It gives effectiv 10% more damage against bosses. The 36% increased damage is not a more damage, with your many damage nodes these 36% are almost nothing.

Using a controlled destruction or elemental focus if not going for freezing here gives much more punch.
The culling strike can perhaps be squeezed into the golem or orb of storms if you like it and get the space for it. But then perfect it: Golem - culling strike - magic find when playing not in party.

Additional, pack a arcane surge to your Lightning warp or orb of storms - another almost free 20% more damage.

Just suggestions to beef up damage without extra costs or sacrificing much.
Question about bandits. why not take Oak? he gives 20% physical dmg sins we have the enchant that converts physical dmg to cold. shouldent that be the best ?
"
sostaone wrote:
Question about bandits. why not take Oak? he gives 20% physical dmg sins we have the enchant that converts physical dmg to cold. shouldent that be the best ?

I'm leveling this build atm in SSF-HC and considered taking oak for this reason. The skill points are quite nice, though... I might go back and switch to Oak later on. It does seem good since Increased Physical is rare and applied before the cold conversion, even if you don't have the helm enchant yet for 100% conversion. However, the Phys bonus does get calculated with your spell damage I think (and not before or after), so not as big as it may seem.
I'm playing this build and I'm struggling a lot to kill high-tier map bosses and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if the build is just naturally a little squishy (I'm not a very experienced player, so the former is totally possible; also, I haven't done my uber lab yet if that will make the difference). I currently have 5,357 life and 1,276 unreserved mana, and the rest of my stats look like this:

Any advice?
"
dr34mv3iL wrote:
I'm playing this build and I'm struggling a lot to kill high-tier map bosses and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if the build is just naturally a little squishy (I'm not a very experienced player, so the former is totally possible; also, I haven't done my uber lab yet if that will make the difference). I currently have 5,357 life and 1,276 unreserved mana, and the rest of my stats look like this:

Any advice?

You got tons of resist that's for sure =P... I'm not sure how you play but I think your life pool and resist are where they need to be. Totems builds involve some kiting and throwing them out in front of you to do the work. Some bosses and situations just become difficult without leech+vaal pac op mechanic that other builds take. =/
♥ we all go tissues ♥
Yeah, that makes sense I suppose. There are some ranged bosses like in Precinct that just take so much effort (fight until potions empty, run around and kill small mobs to refill potions, repeat), vs. something like the Chateau boss is easy peasy since he wastes so much time meleeing down totems or bonking my golem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info