[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
"
TheLelik wrote:
LiftingNerdBro
Ty for the guide!
Please update for 3.2!

You are welcome - and I will!

I think there will be 2 viable versions now. One similar in design with 4 totems and another variant that leaves out ancestral bond, but adds in a specific single target damage setup in the chest as supplemental damage.

I will give you guys an update within the next 12 hours :)

Wow, excited to see ur updates soon
empty
Last edited by vynsj on Jun 6, 2018, 7:53:09 PM
"
I think there will be 2 viable versions now. One similar in design with 4 totems and another variant that leaves out ancestral bond, but adds in a specific single target damage setup in the chest as supplemental damage.
Well, that's definitely a good idea :D Most of the time two totems are enough to clear entire areas, can't wait for the update.
"
"
TheLelik wrote:
LiftingNerdBro
Ty for the guide!
Please update for 3.2!

sounds great! Waiting for update :-) love this buid. Thanks
"
razzor1 wrote:
"
Nagamon wrote:
Does any one have a 1h and shield variant ? just thinking that would have to travel to the shadow area if i wanted to take it with out the staff to move faster. any idea or pob.

I will start the league with a similar build.

First budget I will go double kikazaru with soul mantle self flagellation + dual shimmeron. Later on when I got enough currency I will go for shimmeron + new atziri's reflection for unaffected by curses. This will free up two ring slots for me.

This was my plan, too. But with Shimmeron(s) you need "Conviction of Power" for easy power charges (and 3 extra power charges on tree). And you need to keep up your arcane surge on your own.

I played around in PoB a bit. I started with new atziri's reflection and 1 Shimmeron. If I replace the Shimmeron with a good caster dagger, skip that 3 extra power charges on tree (for other damage nodes) and take ("Arcane Blessing" + "Ritual of Awakening") in stead of ("Conviction of Power" + "Ritual of Awakening" + "Divine Guidance") I get nearly the same DPS as with Shimmeron(s). I loose about 7% DPS only. The benefits of this way are: Shield Charge and immunity to Elemental Ailments. And you trade the manual arcane surge generation for a manual power charge generation in boss fights (not a benefit but not a drawback also). Yeah, I loose "Divine Guidance": this is a small drawback.

But I think I will skip Shimmeron(s) this time.
Last edited by boindd on Mar 2, 2018, 6:57:21 AM
"
boindd wrote:
"
razzor1 wrote:
"
Nagamon wrote:
Does any one have a 1h and shield variant ? just thinking that would have to travel to the shadow area if i wanted to take it with out the staff to move faster. any idea or pob.

I will start the league with a similar build.

First budget I will go double kikazaru with soul mantle self flagellation + dual shimmeron. Later on when I got enough currency I will go for shimmeron + new atziri's reflection for unaffected by curses. This will free up two ring slots for me.

This was my plan, too. But with Shimmeron(s) you need "Conviction of Power" for easy power charges (and 3 extra power charges on tree). And you need to keep up your arcane surge on your own.

I played around in PoB a bit. I started with new atziri's reflection and 1 Shimmeron. If I replace the Shimmeron with a good caster dagger, skip that 3 extra power charges on tree (for other damage nodes) and take ("Arcane Blessing" + "Ritual of Awakening") in stead of ("Conviction of Power" + "Ritual of Awakening" + "Divine Guidance") I get nearly the same DPS as with Shimmeron(s). I loose about 7% DPS only. The benefits of this way are: Shield Charge and immunity to Elemental Ailments. And you trade the manual arcane surge generation for a manual power charge generation in boss fights (not a benefit but not a drawback also). Yeah, I loose "Divine Guidance": this is a small drawback.

But I think I will skip Shimmeron(s) this time.

I played around with my pob after your post:

1. 2x Shimmeron is the highest dps
2. 2x Spelldagger(5ex ea.) with 6/3 pcharges is -20/-30%
3. 1x Shimmer with 6charges is -27%
4. 1x Shimmer with 3 charges is -44%
5. 1x Dagger with 3 charges is -46%

I think it all comes down to what you want to do and how you want to do it. If your are fine to manage curses with flask and want to farm bosses dual Shimms are by far the best. If you just want to speedfarm maps its option 5. The Dagger(s)and/or Shield option is also a lot more expensive.
I think I will stick to Shimms for week 1 at least and make myself a second setup when I got the currency.

If you skip Devine Guidance you loose 10% MoM Effect and a ton of Mana, that imho is the drawback not the pcharge generation. I am going for 50% MoM(watchers eye clarity) so not an option. Illuminated Devotion as a standalone is crap so pcharges is the better way, I also have 3 echarges which I would loose, again a defensive drawback. You also only get a lvl1 surge while manually you can get a lvl 8-12.
Last edited by FreedomOI on Mar 2, 2018, 8:29:43 AM
"
"
TheLelik wrote:
LiftingNerdBro
Ty for the guide!
Please update for 3.2!

Yay Can't wait! I loved your builds the past few seasons!
"
FreedomOI wrote:

I played around with my pob after your post:

1. 2x Shimmeron is the highest dps
2. 2x Spelldagger(5ex ea.) with 6/3 pcharges is -20/-30%
3. 1x Shimmer with 6charges is -27%
4. 1x Shimmer with 3 charges is -44%
5. 1x Dagger with 3 charges is -46%

I think it all comes down to what you want to do and how you want to do it. If your are fine to manage curses with flask and want to farm bosses dual Shimms are by far the best. If you just want to speedfarm maps its option 5. The Dagger(s)and/or Shield option is also a lot more expensive.
I think I will stick to Shimms for week 1 at least and make myself a second setup when I got the currency.

If you skip Devine Guidance you loose 10% MoM Effect and a ton of Mana, that imho is the drawback not the pcharge generation. I am going for 50% MoM(watchers eye clarity) so not an option. Illuminated Devotion as a standalone is crap so pcharges is the better way, I also have 3 echarges which I would loose, again a defensive drawback. You also only get a lvl1 surge while manually you can get a lvl 8-12.

Can you compare shimmeron + void battery to 2x shimmerons in pob?
Endgame viable? Shaper, uber atziri, chayula?

P.S. I think it's something wrong with pob pastebin?
"
Wolverine67 wrote:
Endgame viable? Shaper, uber atziri, chayula?

Read weaknesses of the build man

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info