[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

What helm do you use???
"
UNLE45H wrote:
What helm do you use???

Its up to your liking. Build is really flexible when it comes to equips. Personal suggestions would be Devoto's for the movespeed and much needed dex, Starkonja's for life and crit boost if your have dex from other equips/passive tree. You can also opt for a good rare with life+resis so you can equip uniques on other slot.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
Last edited by haxers on Aug 19, 2017, 5:38:55 PM
"
Treac4 wrote:
which minor and major gods ?

Personally, since this build lacks boss dps, that means you'll be spending more time with the map boss. I'd go Solaris for the major. For the minor, some map mods call for different picks but for general clearing, I'd go defensive with Tukuhama or Grut.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
hey guys im very new to this game! maybe you can help me and give me some advises for my gear. Which items or gems are bad. i got many problems in higher maps with thoughness. i hope the communtiy can help me with my issues. or is there a option to change a gem for more boss dmg. and btw sorry for my bad english.

Thank you

best regards
"
domynik05 wrote:
Im clearing t14 pretty easy right now and the only problem is sadly the boss dps. I also just got a Pandemonius the last thing i need to get is the 6l Maelstrom which i have only 5l rip.
What do you think about my jewels?

Okay, I need someone to explain this to me... I have imported domynik05 's build and my build into Path of Building and I see differences I don't understand.

1) Nevermind on this one, figured out how I was being stupid.

2) Our trees are essentially the same, he has 4 intelligence nodes and a jewel socket I don't, I have an extra life node, an elemental damage node and an agility node he doesn't have. But he has 24% more critical hit. I was assuming that was all due to his better equipment, but I don't see increased critical on his items or on his jewels. So, what the hell? Where is the difference? What don't I understand?

Edit: Hmm, possibly related he has an "Effective Crit Chance" listed on his stats which I don't... which is another 24% of critical higher... clearly there is something going on I am either overlooking or not understanding or both.
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Aug 19, 2017, 7:33:41 PM
Actually, it is even worse than that -- I didn't have his staff selected, when I did that he has 38% more crit..
"
cLimaXxx wrote:
hey guys im very new to this game! maybe you can help me and give me some advises for my gear. Which items or gems are bad. i got many problems in higher maps with thoughness. i hope the communtiy can help me with my issues. or is there a option to change a gem for more boss dmg. and btw sorry for my bad english.

Thank you

best regards

I took a look at your char. Few comments I can give.

Passive Tree - Pretty much the same as the build suggest. I see that you still have Counterweight node available so thats that.

Equips - This is I think where it needs improvement. Right off the bat, I noticed that your lacking resistances on your gears, fix that. Could also use higher life rolls mod on your rings, boots and amy. The implicit mod on your boots was wasted by the enchantment. Flasks are ok. Gem links are also ok.

For the bosses, that's just it, this build lacks dps in boss fights so expect that it will take much longer, can do nothing about that.

Personally, I'll go and try dual curse (frostbite+proj weakness) or triple curse (+ele weakness) (when I have a 6L lol) when I farmed enough for my gears to aid in boss fights.

Last edited by haxers on Aug 19, 2017, 8:51:31 PM
Can't help but shake the feeling that Inquisitor is flat out better than Hiero unless your HC.

Thoughts?

Also awesome guide Lifting, best PoE content creator in the galaxy.
"
Scooberzzz wrote:
Can't help but shake the feeling that Inquisitor is flat out better than Hiero unless your HC.

Thoughts?

Also awesome guide Lifting, best PoE content creator in the galaxy.

Each has its own merits. Inqui for deeps and Hiero for utility/survivability.

I went Hiero because I haven't tried this ascendancy before lol. For bosses, hands down Inqui, for mapping however, I find Hiero's frostbolt map coverage very smooth and fluid. I might respec to Inqui and try it out when I have enough funds to support endgame but so far I am enjoying my pick.
Last edited by haxers on Aug 19, 2017, 10:33:20 PM
Hi guys!
So this is the first guided build ive ever played, I tryed poe some time ago but quit soon there after.
However Ive come to really enjoy this game and this build!
Ofcourse I got the mtx for frostbolt as soon as I could.
Anyway as I said I really enjoy playing this build, all the way until I come across boss monsters.
I know I don't have bis items, but some bosses on t10 will reg my dps making them unkillable.
Anyway I knew this from the start, it was said in the guide.
But being new to the game I really cant help but to ask; the 2nd page in inventory, is it possible to equip a staff or some daggers or other weapon for all that matter, with a different set of skills, that I could switch to during boss encounters?
I guess in theory it is possible, so I guess I'm really asking if anyone know any legit strong setup for it?

Best regards
Exile

Edit: corrected autocorrect
Last edited by fillesun on Aug 20, 2017, 1:54:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info