[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

I don't recommend this build.

https://pastebin.com/V7eTFCv3

this is me right now, can do any t1-t15

if i went to gc totems instead, with the investment i currently put, id be owning every single map in the game including uber elder :( and it also leaguestarts great
"
mati666666 wrote:
"
Druidgwind wrote:
"
Madgod wrote:
Hey, Thanks for the guide!
I was looking at the build and wondering how viable would it be to us tukuhama's Fortress and High elemental sceptre or unique equivalent instead?
Just switch the damage setup to the chestpiece?
Would the damage be comparable or worth it losing the 6 link staff potential?

Hey, I've just tried that using Tuko + Brightbeak just because I was tired of Flame Dash, so slow... After that I can tell you the overall damage decreased by 35% at least, considering I was running 2 good wands + Skins Of The Loyal.

What I can say about losing 35% of my damage for more movespeed? Totally worth, I can clear maps much faster than before and for bosses it's actully the same thing when i curse them.

NOTE: I've made a lot of changes In passive skill before running this, also have some dif. gems in my setup, you can check it at my profile - Atsuika

I am tired to use staff setup, and your looks great and funny :)

so i have few question:
1. Skins of The loyal - this is the hard one to get, how many ex you spend for yours? :)
2. You use hammer for movement speed i think, so have you consider using for bosses Divinarius?
or try to use void battery?
3. What with your defence with this setup, you have 25% block chance with shield and bonus from chest. How this working on maps?

1. I've bought mine one weak ago for 2 ex (way cheaper than 6l Belly), it's price depends on the right colours, mine is 4b-1r-1g. You can also get a 3b-2r-1g (better choise actually) then use Empower 3 insted of Controled Destruction.
I'm saving money for a Soul Mantle (6ex +-), which is the best offensive option.

2. Actually I still have my 2 wands in setup:

Apocalypse Goat - Serpent Wand

29% increased Spell Damage
--------
79% increased Cold Damage
Adds 15 to 26 Cold Damage to Spells
74% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
10% increased Projectile Speed
+25 to Accuracy Rating
10% increased Light Radius

Oblivion Chant - Serpent Wand

29% increased Spell Damage
--------
+41 to Intelligence
76% increased Cold Damage
Adds 13 to 29 Cold Damage to Spells
17% increased Critical Strike Chance
+37% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
Adds 10 to 19 Cold Damage to Spells

Those wands cost me something like 12c both and they give me almost the same damage as 2 Void Batery. I realized that It's not worth spending 60c on each Void considering that you can get a good rare wand if you look well for those stats (Cold Damage, Critical Strike Chance and Critial Strike Multiplier, especially). Sometimes I swap for boss killing but it's not necessary, considering I can freeze it easy.
The best option for damage we can get are 2x Shimmeron, but it's very expensive. It increases something like 30-40% damage if compared with those 2 wands i have.

3. This is not a tanky build, I try to stay behind totems everytime. I have 5232hp + 416es (no MoM because of Tuko's passive, Blood Magic). In my Pantheon I use Soul Of The Brine King, because if you get frozen or stuned and you don't have totems you are pretty dead, period. I run any t1-15 map easily, just trying to ''predict'' totems where you can find lots of monsters.
I also have double curse enable, so you can use Temporal Chains + Projectile Weakness/Frostbite If you want to feel safer in boss fights.

Last edited by Druidgwind on Jun 17, 2018, 6:59:48 PM
after frostbolt, which gem should I focus on to get to Q20 quality?
Has any tried Vaal Cold Snap with this build instead of Vaal Haste?
"
Has any tried Vaal Cold Snap with this build instead of Vaal Haste?

I use both of them. I linked Cold Snap/Vaal Cold Snap to Curse On Hit, Projectile Weakness and Arcane Surge. It is great actually, because I have 3 Frenzy Charges all the time.
"
Druidgwind wrote:

I use both of them. I linked Cold Snap/Vaal Cold Snap to Curse On Hit, Projectile Weakness and Arcane Surge. It is great actually, because I have 3 Frenzy Charges all the time.

Oh that is very interesting!

Just to make sure I understand the mechanic, is this how it works?

1) Walk near group of bad guys

2) Cast Cold Snap in the middle of them, which triggers Arcane Surge

3) When Cold Snap hits them, it will apply the Projectile Weakness Curse, and start getting Frenzy charges

What level do you put Arcane Surge at? Does it only look at the mana cost of Cold Snap in this set up?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jun 27, 2018, 9:07:19 PM
"
"
Druidgwind wrote:

Oh that is very interesting!

Just to make sure I understand the mechanic, is this how it works?

1) Walk near group of bad guys

2) Cast Cold Snap in the middle of them, which triggers Arcane Surge

3) When Cold Snap hits them, it will apply the Projectile Weakness Curse, and start getting Frenzy charges

What level do you put Arcane Surge at? Does it only look at the mana cost of Cold Snap in this set up?

Just cast Cold Snap in the middle of everything aand your totems will kill them, then you have 20% chance to get a frezy charge for each enemy killed inside the area. Sometimes you can use Vaal Cold Snap when you feel safe to go in the middle of everything (when they are frozen or few monsters), it casts an aura around you which gives 100% chance to get a frenzy charge.

Well, I used to use Arcane Surge lvl 1/3, because Cold Snap doesn't cost much mana. To be sure, you must check your Cold Snap mana cost and check the lvl table of Arcane Surge in https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arcane_Surge_Support
Hi,

i´ve got a question, why is there double Vaal-Haste, if i aktivate 1 Vaal-Haste the other hast the same Soul-CD.

Thank for the answers ;)
I like this build, but how is Orb of Storms working if I have Ancestral Bond selected on my skill tree?
"
Shiggi wrote:
Hi,

i´ve got a question, why is there double Vaal-Haste, if i aktivate 1 Vaal-Haste the other hast the same Soul-CD.

Thank for the answers ;)

I'm pretty sure that prior to 3.3 the 2 Vaal hastes worked independently. I'm looking for a suitable replacement for one of them, the Cold Snap suggestion above looks decent to me but I'm still very much learning the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info