Path of Exile 3.0.0: The Fall of Oriath Patch Notes

Er Meh Gerd, so hype, much happy!!!
"
HeManNZ wrote:
Will the changes to the Ice Bite gem be retroactive?

If you're asking will there be "legacy" versions of gems then the answer is yes, the changes are "retroactive" and there will not be "legacy" gems.

I rather expect that gem objects just store experience, level, quality, and corrupted status "locally" and check other tables for things like damage values, and that means that when those values "external" to the gem are changed they're applied to all gems in existence. Probably why there weren't any legacy variants of Consuming Dark, Voltaxic Rift, and Infernal Mantle when elemental->chaos conversion was nerfed by 33%.

___

I had another question pop up after some thought on the patch notes.

What's the deal with Ghost Reaver and Essentia Sanguis? The change seems kinda backwards to me. I mean I'd expect getting a keystone effect like Ghost Reaver on an item to pack a penalty like that 50% less energy shield recharge rate penalty, but instead it's Ghost Reaver that's getting the penalty, and thereby getting nerfed, while Essentia Sanguis is effectively getting the old, better, "buffed" version.

I get that this is "The Patch That Energy Shield Died" or whatever histrionics you want to use, but it just seems odd to nerf Ghost Reaver like this and yet make Essentia Sanguis the go-to item to get an un-nerfed Ghost Reaver going. Toss that in with Zealot's Oath not getting nerfed as well and this just seems odd.

Maybe this is an attempt to make claws look more attractive by providing penalty-free Ghost Reaver for anyone that wants to use claws?
Fan-fucking-tastic
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
Shinjuku wrote:

Is it still possible to design a unique item? If yes, how to do?

Contact support@grindinggear.com, they'll provide all the info.
Afaik still possible but costly, around 2500$...

Thanks for the information. I'll contact them when they'll be less busy :)
Glacial Hammer is the new meta.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
HeManNZ wrote:
Will the changes to the Ice Bite gem be retroactive?

The only (known so far) way to have legacy gems is to remove that one completely from the drop table - like with Item Quantity.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
GOOODBYE PoE !
See ya when you realize how bad your nerfs are and start buffing :)
Oh and trust me it is gonna be soon :P
whatever nerfs and buffs u did its okey. ppl will adopt if they dont u gonna change it again.

i invested really lots of exa in es gear and its okey. u nerf it who cares

but man u could atleast add like 20-30 new maps and new layouts or i miss that in patch notes?

also one more note: if ppl now stop crafting es gear will that means that more exalted will be on market and they will cost less chaos' since i dont see anyone will be crafting es gear
my mirror threads
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3062247
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2181923
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929875
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929842
Last edited by kristinasebetic on Aug 4, 2017, 3:42:32 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Path of Exile 3.0.0 - The Fall of Oriath

Items that Inflict Bleeding or Poison:
  • All weapons which previously inflicted Bleeding or Poison on hit (or critical strike) now only inflict Bleeding or Poison on hits (or critical strikes) with that specific weapon.
  • Goredrill: Melee Critical Strikes cause Bleeding has been changed to 50% chance to cause Bleeding with Melee Critical Strikes with this Weapon.
  • Slivertongue: Now has a 50% chance to inflict Bleeding with Piercing arrows (down from 100%).
  • The Blood Reaper: Now has a 50% chance to inflict Bleeding on hit (down from 100%).
  • Many other weapons which previously inflicted Bleeding on hit with a 100% chance now only have a 25% chance to inflict Bleeding. This affects the following weapons: The Blood Reaper, Atzir's Disfavour, Jack, the Axe, Rigwald's Savagery, Rive, Uul-Netol's Kiss, Uul-Netol's Embrace, Slivertongue, all weapons with Vagan's crafted mod, all weapons with Tora's vendor mod, .

Just to clarify, does this mean that there'll be a legacy version of these items. e.g. legacy Atziri's Disfavour?
"
saninn1 wrote:
GOOODBYE PoE !
See ya when you realize how bad your nerfs are and start buffing :)
Oh and trust me it is gonna be soon :P

you are not alone into this feeling my fellow. :(

and all of this in order GGG to make some 12 old, completely stupid, disoriented, having no clue of the game childs, which envy to some guy with OP but still great build.
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
Last edited by SonicPLD2 on Aug 4, 2017, 6:44:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info