3.1 Updated - Pathfinder Crit BV - Dedicated Uber Lab Farmer - 375%+ Movement Speed

"
I really wouldn't suggest this character as a league starter because of how much better it gets with a tabula / funding. Not to mention leveling with blade vortex is incredibly tedious.
**However** If you're serious about farming lab and playing long hours. Absolutely make this character first. I did that in Harbinger league and ended up with ~400ex in 2 weeks. (Most of the money came from taking rank 1, though. So don't count on making profits like that)

Firstly, thank you for the input.
I don't yet have a desire to compete for any form of record setting, however I do plan on playing as much as possible when league starts in order to capitalize on currency gain. If strictly making as much money I can within the first week is my goal, you would recommend this or your next build assuming it is as fast?

In my case, would you recommend that I have another build with easier leveling and more suitability (strictly speaking trap immunity here) towards lab first?

It seems all lab farming builds cap out at a brightbeak + prismatic eclipse + leap slam/faster attacks moveset other than yours which is so heavily based on pure run speed. I have found leap slam to be incredibly clunky while maneuvering around walls and thin walkways. It is not that I am not willing to deal with that in order to survive all traps, but I am looking to make sure my UberLab farming is on the same efficiency as my mapping has been.

With patch notes not out yet it is hard to tell, but if there is a direction in a specific type of uberlab farming you think I should aim towards in terms of build, that would be much appreciated.

Sorry for the long walls of text and many ambiguous questions, but I have looked around and end up running around in circles in terms of uberlabbing and I cannot see a better to person to ask than you seeing as your achievements within UberLab farming.

Anoter quick Edit: In terms of profit are you going for max keys/dark shrines or going for fastest completion for more enchants?
Also, for enchants in the first week are you enchanting rare helms? or are you going to uniques that are popular?
Last edited by Gailbait on Nov 26, 2017, 9:00:59 PM
Thanks for the long questions. It sometimes gets annoying answering the same boring things over and over. "WHERE DOES LEECH COME FROM HERP DERP".

"
If strictly making as much money I can within the first week is my goal, you would recommend this or your next build assuming it is as fast?

"
In my case, would you recommend that I have another build with easier leveling and more suitability (strictly speaking trap immunity here) towards lab first?

If you're only interested in short term farming the uber lab to generate currency for another character I would suggest playing a build that is less expensive. Slayers are exceptional at farming end game content because of their massive leech and 20% culling strike.

If you need a specific example of a slayer build to run you can check out my lab farmer here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ChC0wFUl3A
**If you're on mobile or can't click the link. It's basically a Wings of Entropy and Bringer of Rain slayer with lots of evasion / armour/ block. SUPER tanky and can complete all content except shaper and uber atziri.
It's not going to be 25 chaos like the video suggests because at league start the items are going to be in high demand. However, this slayer build is less reliant on gear and levels than the pathfinder so this means you'll be farming lab on day 2 instead of day 3.

Last thing I want to mention is this. If you're very good at making currency early game and you feel like you can acquire all these items AND rush to level 90 within 3 days......(I know, it's a lot to do) The pathfinder is very clearly the best choice. You'll be completing labs literally 2 times as fast as anyone else and it will pay off in the long run.
Gear

*note* This was my personal gear on day 3 of Harbinger league.

"
With patch notes not out yet it is hard to tell, but if there is a direction in a specific type of uberlab farming you think I should aim towards in terms of build, that would be much appreciated.

Honestly, with the nerf to Vaal Pact, slayers might be the farmer of choice for a lot of people who just want to generate currency.
I'm waiting to see patch notes before I declare anything but I'm leaning towards duelist for the season start.

"
Anoter quick Edit: In terms of profit are you going for max keys/dark shrines or going for fastest completion for more enchants?
Also, for enchants in the first week are you enchanting rare helms? or are you going to uniques that are popular?

A few things I need to say here.
At the start of the league you NEED to maximize profits per investment. Do max keys / dark shrines every run.
Fuck silver keys and doors. They're literally garbage.
Until people have the currency to buy helmet enchants, you should try enchanting cheap / unique boots.
Alternatively if YOU have the currency to invest in a few Rat's Nest / Starkonja / Devoto / Whatever other meta helms are available. That's the best bet.
Just try to realize that a good enchant might be worth more if you wait a week. Don't sell stuff cheap because you'll regret it when the economy booms in week 3.
IF you have the build / ability to attempt rank 1 then you should absolutely put effort into trying. But don't over commit because it gets very costly.

Try not to enchant rare helmets that are low item lvl. But it's likely you'll be forced into it if you're farming a lot early on. Not much you can do here unless you're rich.
Last edited by Jelbishi on Nov 27, 2017, 8:38:51 AM
All around awesome information! This clears up many things I've been wondering while looking through 6 month+ threads!

"
If you're only interested in short term farming the uber lab to generate currency for another character I would suggest playing a build that is less expensive.

I'm definitely thinking long term in terms of characters. I've really enjoyed having a character specified for one roll and continuing to gear that character out as much as possible, and then once I have accumulated a large bank, I branch out into other specified characters for mapping, boss killing, etc... and continue the process.
This worked well for me during Harbinger, but I also started with a sunder/zerker that was a middle of the pact everything to generate initial currency while I had no idea what I wanted to do or what to do end game.
I think I will be going with a specified version for UberLab, probably the QotF Pathfinder of yours so long as nothing is changed to drastically.

"
At the start of the league you NEED to maximize profits per investment. Do max keys / dark shrines every run.
Fuck silver keys and doors. They're literally garbage.
Until people have the currency to buy helmet enchants, you should try enchanting cheap / unique boots.

Thank you! This is EXACTLY the advice I have been seeking. Maximizing dark shrines/keys at the start makes perfect sense. Also, with enchanting the boots at the start and maybe some unique helms as I can acquire them until I can seek bigger ticket items. Again, thanks a ton.

"
IF you have the build / ability to attempt rank 1 then you should absolutely put effort into trying. But don't over commit because it gets very costly.

Interesting idea, but I've just barely started trying to create my own builds. I think if I enjoy the uberlab farming to the extremes I did mapping then I will certainly have to start putting some thought into it. This is the exact reason I was looking into your build; by far the most efficient, and another take on uberlab farming that the extremely safe options I was looking into!

Again, I've gotta hand it to you. Thanks for the information and insight! I will be looking forward to your future builds!
I started garbinger on this pathfinder. i'm more of a casual pleb and lvling BV is not fastest thing in world, so i got to uberlab on day 5 or so, started uberlab runs on pure tabula(+200ms is still great), mostly cause was unsure about swapping chests and was unsure about 4-5l qotf. On about day 10 i finally 6linked qotf(rip 2200 fuses) and got good belt and amulet. Since then i had been running even more labs, got lvl 93 in poorjoys and got 40 challenges b4 september. Had quite bad luck on helm enchants, but started to make real profits, when saw your advice about atziri boots. Ran about 500-600 uberlabs total and funded my wander build, flicker strike build with acuties, and did some charity on 15 ex total (wanted to quit league after 40, but poe knows, how to keep you on a needle)
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!
Btw, doing some wierd DP RF hidden potential slayer atm. Can function on 2 obliteration wands and all other blue gear, pretty sweet clearspeed and easily doing uberlab. I even did shaper on him. It is good starer for abyss, if slayer not gonna be dead after 3.1 and if hidden potential not gonna cost 5 ex first week
hidden potential is very expensive in first few weeks
Could I play this exact build as slayer with the same setup?
"
Shukketsu wrote:
Could I play this exact build as slayer with the same setup?
Yes, but you ain't gonna have that much movement speed and evasion. Also, it is going to be pain in ass to sustain flaks on the run
"
Chris wrote:

Queen of the Forest
Now has 200 to 240% increased Evasion Rating (down from 240 to 380%). The movement speed bonus this item can provide has been capped at 100% for all versions.

Changes to evasion basetypes in The Fall of Oriath both pushed the evasion rating of this item too high, and took the movement speed this item granted to an extreme. We never intended for a single item to be able to provide so much movement speed. Over time as more movement speed and evasion became available this item has become unreasonable. The movement speed players were attaining was not something that the game was designed to handle. This cap is unlikely to affect average use of this item.

Well boys.The projected Movement speed in 3.1 will be about ~300% give or take a bit.

When the rest of the patch notes are out I'll revise the build.
Last edited by Jelbishi on Dec 4, 2017, 8:30:51 PM
MoM is also getting nerfed.... But I think you should stick with Pahtfinder due to the potion charge Regen...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info