[3.1]BleedXplosion Gladiator [Beginner Friendly, League Starter]

Your build looks very nice, i was looking for a melee build but i wasn't really sure what to do and this looks fun since i never tried Sunder.

I took a look at your tree and planned my own for a Lvl. 91:

Online planner
Spoiler
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAQSHBS0Juw48E0wUIBRxFewX4RiRGNsaOBx1IWAj0yb4Jy8oKimlLlMvzC_XMHcyTjPZNZI5JTpSOuE8LT38QKBFmkd-SdVN404yUEdXVFhjWfNZ_l4TXz9hUmLsZFJlTWXwaGVvJ3KpdO108XVOdqx673zZggeDX4PMhNmE74VShmCKs4rwi0-Mz49gj5mQVZOol3maaptqplemjayqrY22irc-uR28n702vqfAv8GCwaPE9sauypDPftNv2L3ZYdl82sHcJ-Jh5FHpRul26hjvDu9O8kXzb_Pd9kj3Mvjr_gr-jw==

PoB Pastebin (This includes some items)
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/mKQxrNFa

The tree focuses heavily on Bleeding and takes keystones related to it to help our single target damage.
I took the keystone "crimson dance" since our enemies will be knocked back on the lion's roar uptime meaning that it doesn't matter if they don't take increased damage while moving.

I also take 3 auras: Haste + Arctic Armour + Herald of Ash. This only works if you have Soul Taker as your weapon of choice, since both Sunder and Leap Slam (which i prefer over shield charge) have the tag "Melee" they don't require mana to work.

My setup for sunder would be:
Spoiler

Sunder
Multistrike
Chance for bleed (for the flat phys)
Faster attacks (to help with multistrike)
Concentrated effect
Ruthless

PS: I may be mistaken but i'm pretty sure that the tree from PoE Planner (the one op posted) it's outdated.
"
blckfckngmtl wrote:
Your build looks very nice, i was looking for a melee build but i wasn't really sure what to do and this looks fun since i never tried Sunder.

I took a look at your tree and planned my own for a Lvl. 91:

Online planner
Spoiler
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAQSHBS0Juw48E0wUIBRxFewX4RiRGNsaOBx1IWAj0yb4Jy8oKimlLlMvzC_XMHcyTjPZNZI5JTpSOuE8LT38QKBFmkd-SdVN404yUEdXVFhjWfNZ_l4TXz9hUmLsZFJlTWXwaGVvJ3KpdO108XVOdqx673zZggeDX4PMhNmE74VShmCKs4rwi0-Mz49gj5mQVZOol3maaptqplemjayqrY22irc-uR28n702vqfAv8GCwaPE9sauypDPftNv2L3ZYdl82sHcJ-Jh5FHpRul26hjvDu9O8kXzb_Pd9kj3Mvjr_gr-jw==

PoB Pastebin (This includes some items)
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/mKQxrNFa

The tree focuses heavily on Bleeding and takes keystones related to it to help our single target damage.
I took the keystone "crimson dance" since our enemies will be knocked back on the lion's roar uptime meaning that it doesn't matter if they don't take increased damage while moving.

I also take 3 auras: Haste + Arctic Armour + Herald of Ash. This only works if you have Soul Taker as your weapon of choice, since both Sunder and Leap Slam (which i prefer over shield charge) have the tag "Melee" they don't require mana to work.

My setup for sunder would be:
Spoiler

Sunder
Multistrike
Chance for bleed (for the flat phys)
Faster attacks (to help with multistrike)
Concentrated effect
Ruthless

PS: I may be mistaken but i'm pretty sure that the tree from PoE Planner (the one op posted) it's outdated.

The tree is outdated, yes, but then things missing aren't relevant to the build so I opted not to make the trees again when the patch launched.

The build you're going for definitely has more going for it with bleed, but I'm not really in for the bleed damage, rather the explosions. In the videos you can see I have very little problem with clearing, its the bosses that are the problem. When you get around to running this build, do tell me how it went!
"
C_ore_X wrote:
"
KevRosalez wrote:
Build loves to drain mana very hard when leveling

This is very true. Be sure to keep a few mana flasks at hand! You can also disable an aura if you're feeling uncomfortable :)

I put a mana leech enchant on my axe and I could probably ditch my mana flask now, it's working pretty well to level.

Thanks for the guide, my first "serious" character was a largely self built sunder using two hander which I've enjoyed a lot but starting to hit a bit of a wall around T10, so I thought I'd change it up a bit, and am enjoying this very much - got through the first Lab at level 34 and to act four with no deaths or really even close calls, so thank you.

I did want to ask re the ascendancy, did you not take blood in the eyes due to the bleeding being more about making them explode? Cheers.
"
EpicFailTrain wrote:
"
C_ore_X wrote:
"
KevRosalez wrote:
Build loves to drain mana very hard when leveling

This is very true. Be sure to keep a few mana flasks at hand! You can also disable an aura if you're feeling uncomfortable :)

I put a mana leech enchant on my axe and I could probably ditch my mana flask now, it's working pretty well to level.

Thanks for the guide, my first "serious" character was a largely self built sunder using two hander which I've enjoyed a lot but starting to hit a bit of a wall around T10, so I thought I'd change it up a bit, and am enjoying this very much - got through the first Lab at level 34 and to act four with no deaths or really even close calls, so thank you.

I did want to ask re the ascendancy, did you not take blood in the eyes due to the bleeding being more about making them explode? Cheers.

About the ascendancy, yes. But upon revisiting this build a couple of times, I've decided to opt into taking Blood in The Eyes since its way better than the block node since we're not going for max block in this build.

EDIT: OUTDATED, CHECK GUIDE FOR UP-TO-DATE INFO
Last edited by C_ore_X on Dec 7, 2017, 1:01:07 PM
"
C_ore_X wrote:
"
EpicFailTrain wrote:

About the ascendancy, yes. But upon revisiting this build a couple of times, I've decided to opt into taking Blood in The Eyes since its way better than the block node since we're not going for max block in this build.

Thanks for the reply. So to confirm you're just switching out the block node for blood in the eyes? Would you change the order of taking the ascendancies at all now?
"
EpicFailTrain wrote:
"
C_ore_X wrote:
"
EpicFailTrain wrote:

Thanks for the reply. So to confirm you're just switching out the block node for blood in the eyes? Would you change the order of taking the ascendancies at all now?

Yes. Order is the same, just replace 3rd lab with Blood in The Eyes and 4th with the useless node if you really want to do it.

EDIT: OUTDATED, REFER TO GUIDE FOR UP-TO-DATE INFO
Last edited by C_ore_X on Dec 7, 2017, 1:00:02 PM
"
C_ore_X wrote:
"
xXWodzuPLXx wrote:
I'm amazed by quality/price ratio of this build. 87 atm, did uber ,atziri and T14 bosses, planning to make some gear investment for further content. Maybe changing axe to 6L unique and body to Kaom's, though it will require some tree changes for mana leech.

Current setup:

Very nice! You've reached heights I have not, even with a lvl 91 toon! Yeah, switching up to a 6-link 2h axe and swapping in for a Kaoms heart is a good choice, although it is at that point, a different build.
For some reason my thread did not work so here i am again.
Question for Wodzu - Why use the curse Despair? surely enfeeble/temp chains is better.
Also consider using Meginord's girdle belt, it gives more damage and life but obviously has a few drawbacks from Deceiver.
"

Very nice! You've reached heights I have not, even with a lvl 91 toon! Yeah, switching up to a 6-link 2h axe and swapping in for a Kaoms heart is a good choice, although it is at that point, a different build.

I'll jump in here and take a guess that he took Despair for the "added damage over time effects", meaning his bleeds do more damage. Good for bosses and rares, useless in map clearing. But that's just my input!
I wanted to add that you should aim for more attack speed on gear for being able to use multistrike even against t13+ bosses and being able to movedodge their oneshots +5,5k life minimum and like 25% armor and evade + as much block as possible.
I think this build can do endgame with some tweaks and the right gear.
Currently lvling this toon and it is really fun and has good clearspeed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info