The Harbinger League Challenges and Rewards

Hype
So, regarding challenges, 36 seems doable easy enough, with some dedication and maybe some trading for cpl hard to find encounters/essences or else.
I'm gonna skip these 4: endgame grind, no damage encounters, leet map bosses and extra-rare essences / all tiers maps 8 mods, depending on how they develop.

Rewards kinda suck, but i have plenty o' room in mtx stash, so whatever. It might come a time in the future when silly/funky/ugly as fkuc effects are fashionable or hipster trendy. Not to mention ultra rare since nobody wants them :P
The rewards... meh
I like the challenge of completing boss encounters without taking damage from one of their attacks; it seems involving enough that it requires some attention and preparation, not the grind attached to some others. I would love to see more similarly designed challenges in the future. All in all, a decent set of challenges, and I'm very much looking forward to Harbinger.
hypee
All the people complaining like this isnt the best fucking game of its type out on market by a landslide or something? What the hell do people want anymore these days. They constantly put out content even if slightly reused. Offer a stellar overall game. Have done it for many years now and ALL FOR FREE and you still complain?

Look at Call of fucking repeat duty....people buy it every single year and yet its nearly the same game or some stolen mechanic from another game. At least GGG is doing all of this for free. You are getting several new acts and bosses which for anyone who played beta is pretty awesome. And you get a rework in meta im sure with the changes coming in. You can always play standard. They added SSF for those people who wanted it. They have to come up with a new idea every few months within a limitation and still be interesting and please everyone. I mean really! What more do you want.

So what if you dont like the MTX go buy wtf you want or dont do it. Some people like them. I like them and many others do too. Im normally pretty hard on GGG because I want the game to be the best but seeing the amount of complaining going on. If you dont like it fucking play D3 then. Like really dont know what more they want from this company...
"
vortex315 wrote:
All the people complaining like this...

+Second
Last edited by gloryhole88 on Jul 31, 2017, 10:59:55 PM
1337 :D thats awesome GGG
I play PoE since Beta, and I gotta say GGG is probably the best developpers & company I met these last years... PoE is getting better every day, and I was SUPER Hyped about grinding this 3.0 release, the new league, and reach for the first time 36 challenges.

I couldnt really play on the last leagues since they introduced MTX rewards. I missed a few leagues, and only went for 24 challenges on Essence, Breach & Legacy Leagues.

I always been glad & satisfied with my rewards, but at the same time always been sad about the 36 challenges MTX I'd never have, because they always looked nice, and were fiting with the game design, some other MTX, etc...

For the very first time since MTX rewards, I got time to play the incoming league, and I was planning to reach 36 challenges - hoping to get a nice reward.

So yeha, like almost everyone, I'm SUPER DISAPPOINTED in those Harbringer Rewards...

And it's not just because I want bad-ass looking Portals or Crazy Wings to put on my back, or any other cool looking pet or w/e...

Of course I think the MTX are ugly, but the worst part is THEY JUST DONT FIT WITH THE GAME !!!

Imagine few weeks into the league, chilling in town, everyone with that shitty crown on their head or that blue character effect, it will just looks bad...
Blue is too blue, lines are too clean, it really looks like something coming from a random cartoon game...

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be playing the league, I'll still be enjoying all the new content & updates, and I'll still enjoy it all... I'll just take it as it is...

But I can definitly understand all the people complaining, like I said, on my side i'll live with it, and i'll still enjoy 3.0, I'll probably still go for 36 because that was a goal I was willing to achieve for the next league, and I still have to catch up on lot of content...

but for MANY reasons I dont even want to see those MTX in the game...

And defintly my hype for grinding challenges for the 1st time went from SUPER-HYPED to... am I even going to do it ?

So I can imagine people who already grinded 36 on breach & legacy, people that are already used to the new content (atlas / shaper, etc), people who already played 3.0 beta, being super demotivated by those rewards, or just thinking about playing this league "casually" because of no real goals...

I just really hope GGG will do something about it... Just for the Game itself, for players satisfactions / investment into the league, and for many other reasons...

:'(
The effects are not well received as the y-tube comments and votes confirm , the same as in this thread.
Too cartoonish and even if you intend to make such effects they still are low end quality judging how the animations and textures looks like.
The border of that "flames" is too visible and it would be better if you completely fill the gap in the flames and add some minor particle effects, while at the same time making the flames move more dynamically and not that static.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info