The Harbinger League Challenges and Rewards

hell, i don't play challenge leagues for the mtx rewards or even the "challenges" - couldn't care less about those (altho i like glowing blue eyes - the rest u can keep). i play to have some different scenarios and mechanics than u can get in std league - that's the fun for me. i'm looking forward to harbinger the same way i've looked forward to all the other leagues - something with a new twist and a fresh new start where everyone starts with zero. let me at it !!!
I'll do 40/40 to hate more the GGG

I'll do 40/40 to bullying ppl at forum and game

I'll do 40/40 to have one more full totem

I'll do 40/40 for mtx, even if are sucks

poe trade sucks
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
If GGG made it:
12:crown
24:character effect
36:eyes
Everyone will at least be more motivated to do 36 challenges. All you have to do is 'there was a mistake on our part and the rewards werent properly announced on their correct order'. And then delete this post to remove evidence of the good idea :p cheers
Guess I'm not getting all the challenges this league. No way I can do various bosses and guarantee I can't take a hit, not on satellite internet. Oh well, if I was on cable internet like before I'd like those particular challenges but I'll just have to pass on them this time.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
"
innervation wrote:
"36 is attainable for most anyone who tries for it, 40 for the prestige".

I would say 36 is achievable for those who really wants the carrot, 40 is for hard farmers lul. I rather keep the carrot if it's fancy and have some RL ;)

Peace
Seeing is believing
Do not be sad, think about the 5 extra act, new boss, new mob, new items, the pantheon that will change the way we play.
The 3.0 with these new gems, and the Harbinger league adds a lot of other novelty.
The challenge league is just the cherry on the cake!
Last edited by NeoG on Jul 31, 2017, 1:29:53 PM
"
"
Orcasauce wrote:

To everyone who complains that there is no reason to do the challenges because the rewards "suck", which I couldn't disagree more, then you are missing the entire point of challenges. You feel so entitled to some stupid pat on the back for playing a game. Perhaps you need to take a step back and really think about why you play this game if the reward of good free mtx is the only reason you play. Challenge should be about enjoying the game, pushing yourself further than last league, trying new things. If you're someone who thinks they're too easy add a self-imposed-rule like trying hardcore or aiming for zero-deaths in softcore, play solo self-found, or add time restrictions per character before rerolling. The point is find what you enjoy in this game and do it, but don't force those of us who genuinely enjoy the game to sit through your "critique" because you only care about the handouts at the end of the league.

You seem to forget that most/all the content eventually rolls into the core leagues. You know, where people have level 100 characters so that they don't have to grind levels each and EVERY single time a league releases. The only incentive, aside from league mechanics, are the MTX rewards. Everything else can eventually be obtained. So, when those challenges or MTX rewards aren't up to par with the expectations of players of course they won't feel heavily incentivised. This is especially the case when we know that many nerfs are coming in the "fall of diversity" or "fall of builds" patch. Many easy/cheap builds won't be what most consider "viable" this coming patch. This coming alongside charge changes only increases that impact.

So, you will have to excuse those who are a bit "displeased" with the rewards.

Playing the game because it's fun isn't an incentive? The only reason you play is to get a reward? Why should they try and bribe people into playing? If the game is fun people will play it.

"
sherkhan wrote:
"
Orcasauce wrote:

I think Breach was first league since Ambush/Invasion where I actually enjoyed the league-specific content.

New skills, uniques, and character changes (tree, ascendancies) are what kept things interesting along the way.

That's awesome. It's great to hear more people are enjoying the content. Good content shouldn't need to be supplanted by brines of mtx. The last several leagues have all had very interesting and rewarding mechanics that have made the challenge league a distinct experience; harbinger seems to be no different. The way people act like they need to receive an mtx they like at the end of the league makes it seem they see playing this game as a chore or burden they need to get through to earn some free swag. I just don't understand why people try and spread this sentiment.
May all your rings be unique
Last edited by Orcasauce on Jul 31, 2017, 1:52:10 PM
I've been playing since Perandus league and always went after 36 achievements. Harbinger rewards look bad. For the first time i won't be going after achievements at all.
Wow, these effects are the dullest pieces of sh*t I've ever seen in the game... Srsly?
#BringBackOriginalScionPortrait
#BringBackOriginalAscendantPortrait
#BringBackCruelMerciless
Last edited by potfrr on Jul 31, 2017, 1:58:58 PM
Quite excited for the Harbinger league & also to see the new content especially acts 9 & 10.

The challenges are solid as always too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info