[3.0] Champion oro flicker strike. Shaper down.

Who playing with EXPENSIVE build? its better than classic build? As I understand, they need to play only in all the equipment?
I'm thinking of making a Oro flicker with possible molten strike switch and was wondering, should I go champion or slayer? Obviously either way, vaal pact is no go.

Champion seems to take less damage but with slayer you can increase how much life per second you leech with nodes such as hematophagy.
Whats the main reason why you guys get Kaom's Roots? I dont see a reason why I would get it. Its got a bunch of life yea but I wouldn't want to give up ~20-40% evasion for Unwavering Stance and no sockets. Do you guys get stunned a lot without it? Our only defense is Acrobatics and Health, is that enough?
Last edited by Vindicit on Sep 18, 2017, 5:44:08 PM
"
Vindicit wrote:
Whats the main reason why you guys get Kaom's Roots? I dont see a reason why I would get it. Its got a bunch of life yea but I wouldn't want to give up ~20-40% evasion for Unwavering Stance and no sockets. Do you guys get stunned a lot without it? Our only defense is Acrobatics and Health, is that enough?

I did all guardians with this build and yesterday i tried for my first time Shaper. Ofc i failed, but the build isn't the problem, I got randomly killed by his mechanincs.

At start i felt as u do. Losing 40% evade for "U cannot be stunned"? Are you Crazy? Then i started getting spiked by normal monsters cause, for some reason, i stopped flickering. That was the stun. Further u go, more times u will need these boots.

Acrobatics and Health is enough and you dont need more sockets.

Sorry for bad english, hope u get the message
"
Okinosuke wrote:
Yeah i'm pretty good with mana with just one as well. Didn't think I would be. Now I'm just curious why this has us use a crazy expensive amulet like Xoph's Blood over a Ngahamu Tiki amulet with 70% fire damage? I've put both on and the Ngahamu boosts "visual" average damage on Flicker by a little bit.

It's cheaper and easier to get with a +1 to max frenzy than a Xoph.

Currently trying this build and was lucky enough to find a Xoph's myself, so naturally, I wanted to use it. However looking at Tiki, it seems better on paper, even disregarding the pricetag. Life should be about the same, little less resists, but way more damage, right? I mean, not much damage to convert with this build, depends if 10% pen is better than 70% damage increase, I guess.

Also, correct me, if I am wrong, but doesn't Avatar of Fire break Vinktar's leech?
Last edited by Snarky85 on Sep 19, 2017, 9:55:27 AM
Which ascendancy nodes?
I switched back to slayer and got immunity to stun, dropped vaal pact...so far amazing results.
"
Snarky85 wrote:
"
Okinosuke wrote:
Yeah i'm pretty good with mana with just one as well. Didn't think I would be. Now I'm just curious why this has us use a crazy expensive amulet like Xoph's Blood over a Ngahamu Tiki amulet with 70% fire damage? I've put both on and the Ngahamu boosts "visual" average damage on Flicker by a little bit.

Currently trying this build and was lucky enough to find a Xoph's myself, so naturally, I wanted to use it. However looking at Tiki, it seems better on paper, even disregarding the pricetag. Life should be about the same, little less resists, but way more damage, right? I mean, not much damage to convert with this build, depends if 10% pen is better than 70% damage increase, I guess.

Also, correct me, if I am wrong, but doesn't Avatar of Fire break Vinktar's leech?

Avatar of fire will convert everything to fire, but at a 50% rate, so from using the flask, what I've seen is : half the leech rate go to fire as well.
Hey, I've been doing your build and I'm lvl 80 so far. I have a problem with frenzy charges. I have 6 charges and my dps is only 8.3k with 6.th frenzy. I have mandatory items. Can you help me out ? I can't figure it out myself.
Thanks
"
Okinosuke wrote:
"
Snarky85 wrote:
"
Okinosuke wrote:

Avatar of fire will convert everything to fire, but at a 50% rate, so from using the flask, what I've seen is : half the leech rate go to fire as well.

I would recommend using Xoph's Heart or Blood. The damage output is more than with Ngamahus cause the enemies will be covered in Ash. Even without a +1 Frenzy you'll do more damage. Personally I prefer using Xoph's Heart, cause I like using Atziri's Promise in my Flask setup.
Hope this helps - hf mates!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info