[3.0] Champion oro flicker strike. Shaper down.

"
Hulio225 wrote:
"
top2000 wrote:
shaper:
my current tooltip:
no buff: 9,586
with aura + totem +7 frenzy charges + flasks: 21,036
dps: 1.2m
dps against shaper: 700k

I'm theory-crafting an oro's build myself and came across this thread... If you have 21036 average tool-tip damage per flicker you would need 57 attacks per second to reach the mentioned DPS of 1.2m, which is not reachable.

I guess you miscalculated something, i mean even if i calculate shock and "cover in ashes" and penetration into the equation... still not happening.
21036 * 1,49 = 31344 (Penetration against 0% Res Target, Wise Oak + Tree + Xophs Blood)
31344 * 1,70 = 53284 (Shock and cover in ashes)
1.2m / 53284 = 22,5 APS needed to reach 1.2m DPS,
which is again not reachable | If i miss something, please enlighten me.

2 reasons:
one is I forgot to reduce the shock effect from the newly nerfed vinktar flask;
another is because both Immolate and Ruthless won't affect tootip, so we cannot see the real number in game.

the new number shall at most be 1.2m against trash, 650k against shaper/guardians, with my current gear in beta, it's about 1m and 500k+.
-_-
Last edited by top2000 on Jul 30, 2017, 1:58:48 PM
I can't link my gears since it's beta, there is no profile page. sorry about that!
-_-
"
top2000 wrote:
I can't link my gears since it's beta, there is no profile page. sorry about that!

You could recreate your full Build in "Path of Building" and simply post the Build Code, since you know your effective-DPS you most-likely did it in PoB.

"
Hulio225 wrote:
"
top2000 wrote:

You could recreate your full Build in "Path of Building" and simply post the Build Code, since you know your effective-DPS you most-likely did it in PoB.

for that I have to hand input every stats.. bruh
anyway this is the likely perfect gear version of this build:
https://pastebin.com/3UTJ68nb
-_-
Hi top2000,

thank you for the build. I'm actually currently leveling a duelist in beta just to try it out.

I have one question though:
Why do you prefer champion over slayer ? Couldn't you e.g. get rid of Vaal Pact with slayer?
Apart from that, I compared both in PoB (with really basic gear) and slayer actually came a bit ahead damage wise (given wearing a belt of the deceiver as slayer).

I'm not arguing over one or the other I'm just interested in your opinion, so please let me know :)

Best regards,
Fury

edit: and given that you reallocate some points when disregarding vaal pact of course
Last edited by FurySX on Jul 30, 2017, 3:06:15 PM
"
FurySX wrote:
Hi top2000,

thank you for the build. I'm actually currently leveling a duelist in beta just to try it out.

I have one question though:
Why do you prefer champion over slayer ? Couldn't you e.g. get rid of Vaal Pact with slayer?
Apart from that, I compared both in PoB (with really basic gear) and slayer actually came a bit ahead damage wise (given wearing a belt of the deceiver as slayer).

I'm not arguing over one or the other I'm just interested in your opinion, so please let me know :)

Best regards,
Fury

because oro increased phys and fire damage taken by 10%, i was worried i will got random one shot while maping, since there are a lot of new mobs in beta; and without kaoms we won't have a lot of HP, so I want fortity going on. even with fortity and 7k life i got one shoted once...

and oro has 10% cull built in, so i kinda feel 20% cull of slayer is not that needed.

the life leech of slayer is really good tho. but I think you still need vp on top of it.

-_-
Last edited by top2000 on Jul 30, 2017, 3:15:27 PM
"
insobyr wrote:

-_-
i will play flicker at harbinger so i want to ask you smt.

i looked for oro and terminus builds as i can see terminus have nearly 2m dps and this have 1.2m dps.

Oro's problem will be amulet it will be expensive i guess and oro have atziri gloves for qol.

To be honest i will farm with flicker maybe i can try guardians and shaper but i can do another char for them too i font know.

So what is your opinion i can't decide which one is better.

"
Luriel wrote:
i will play flicker at harbinger so i want to ask you smt.

i looked for oro and terminus builds as i can see terminus have nearly 2m dps and this have 1.2m dps.

Oro's problem will be amulet it will be expensive i guess and oro have atziri gloves for qol.

To be honest i will farm with flicker maybe i can try guardians and shaper but i can do another char for them too i font know.

So what is your opinion i can't decide which one is better.

I can make oro above 2m dps no problem, it just will be expensive.

1) terminus builds relies on crit, which is nerfed in 3.0: abyssus nerfed, power charge nerfed.
2) oro doesn't need atziri gloves, i guess it's a typo? if so, xoph's blood will be cheaper than atziri glove, likely 5ex :15ex.
3) I've seen some extreme dps terminus slayer build using the Retch belt. how will you get that belt in 3.0? along with legacy vinkar?
-_-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info