(3.0) 3 AURA RT 220k DPS DUELIST SLAYER SUNDER! **Cheap/Beginner Friendly** VERY DETAILED GUIDE

If looking for rare weapons what kind of stats should I aim for?
Adds # to # Physical Damage
#% increased Physical Damage
#% increased Physical Damage / +# to Accuracy Rating
#% increased Attack Speed
I recently reached level 90 after mitigating into regular harbinger to "finish" my build.
Im fairly satisfied with my gear and gem setup, I have gear to swap out to do ele weakness maps and clearing t15 maps with ease, though I suck at guardians and die too often.
Obviously there is still room for improvement but I want to complete the atlas now and buy a few challenges in the time left.

"
NOTE: YOU NEED THE BLOOD MAGIC GEM IF USING THE 3 AURA SET-UP. YOU WONT HAVE ENOUGH MANA TO SUSTAIN LEAP SLAM AND YOUR SUNDER ATTACKS OTHERWISE

I dont see how this is required, I dont use spirit void since 0,4% from the dual node there is enough.
I have 195/650 mana to use and never run out even on no regen map, sunder costs 38 mana now on a 6link.
I cast enduring cry manually in difficult situations.

Last edited by pennyyy on Nov 26, 2017, 5:45:49 PM
I like this build, used it as a template for Mayhem, but I noticed you had some *noticeable* inefficiencies in the tree (like, objectively incorrect decisions such as completing the life wheel before taking the notable "Juggernaut" and before the 6% life node past Devotion). And given that you never, ever need more than 0.4% mana leech at base mana leech cap, I've made my own level 86 tree, assuming you have Kongor's (so no RT):

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAOEACQQAAG25HRXsmSu9gcqQhNlHfr02ZU2-p6mUh2qQbKknhO_awXTtBS1670CgXhPvTmFShmA6Ug48FHH46-oY9zJ2rM9-OQ4Jlpd55FFQR-8OFCBfP2ebrj7Grjwtg8y3PoNf_grYvTWS8kU64aZXTeP-jwthr2xo8vAfogAEs8BmIVXcPQd1wKYs-4oiJyAhYHTxj2BvJ5pqUeZ3Uzs7nsW0LyE0QT9yqayqWfMaOJBVk6iKs1dUvJ8YkS5T028shVoaJy_E9vPdaGX9MIiPGuRqpeStZ1hgkdl8ggcppQAAAAAA

Where you can of course drop Iron Reflexes depending on your gear.

From this point you have a couple of 5% life nodes left to get if you want or you can just go straight for 3 more jewel slots (probably first melee phys, but you could go for the one behind the Int pathway if you don't have enough on your gear for level 20 gems).

A level 97 with this tree would look like https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPcACQQAAHi5HRXsmSu9gcqQhNlHfr02ZU2-p6mUh2qQbKknhO_awXTtBS1670CgXhPvTmFShmA6Ug48FHH46-oY9zJ2rM9-OQ4Jlpd55FFQR-8OFCBfP2ebrj7Grjwtg8y3PoNf_grYvTWS8kU64aZXTeP-jwthr2xo8vAfogAEs8BmIVXcPQd1wKYs-4oiJyAhYHTxj2BvJ5pqUeZ3Uzs7nsW0LyE0QT9yqayqWfMaOJBVk6iKs1dUvJ8YkS5T028shVoaJy_E9vPdaGX9MIiPGuRqpeStZ1hgkdl8ggcppfNvSdUJu_xLFE1yD5RvZlSJ2GhY15YAAAAAAA==

This is a tree that pretty much gets full usage out of its approach towards notables and only gets super-marginal benefits past 97. Which is more or less what you want.

Edit: I also changed gems around, this is my current main setup, since trash dies easily and I care about more boss damage
Maim is better than added fire since it adds physical for your converted hatred and herald of ash damage as well, but I won't argue against faster attacks since you seem to like the flexibility of getting out of the way of monsters more than I care about it.
Last edited by codetaku on Nov 30, 2017, 9:24:30 AM
I do like your gem setup a lot.
It comes a point where trash is cleared with 1 multistrike anyway so the boss dps increase makes sense.
I might buy those gems in quality and try them out myself in the last few days.
I already attack so fast with frenzy charges removing faster attacks wont hurt the flexibility much, but Ill try to level the gems this weekend.
e: I did take oak instead of the points, but I guess in endgame you would want to switch those out for more good gems.

e: this is a screenshot comparing tooltip dps, left with faster atks and added fire.
To the right with low level (but 20q) maim and ruthless. I don´t know if the 100% more damage every third attack is calculated in, the maim effect obv isnt.

e²: I guess ruthless killing blow isnt calculated in since leveling the gem doesnt change the tooltip, so I guess this setup has to be far superior single target dps and almost the same trashclear dps.
Last edited by pennyyy on Dec 2, 2017, 9:48:46 AM
Is this viable for guardians and shaper? Cleared all content up to t15, even red-tier Elder is down. I'm using Disfavour as weapon. But build sucks at guardians. Can't do them. There is no much room for improvements.

Thanks anyway for detailed guide, it was really easy to start league and level up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info